New Princess App available

iamaqt2

I know there are many who have had problems or dislike the latest Princess app but I’m here to report it’s been flawless for me! Even the folio has been updated as soon as I made a purchase and even correct! So there is hope! 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, FlightCrew777 said:

I know there are many who have had problems or dislike the latest Princess app but I’m here to report it’s been flawless for me! Even the folio has been updated as soon as I made a purchase and even correct! So there is hope! 

Glad it’s working good for you. It logged me off while I was onboard 4 times on my 15 day Panamá canal cruise.  But other than logging me off, it worked fine while using. But still has limitations.  

1 hour ago, FlightCrew777 said:

I have to admit that I’ve had zero problems with the new app.  Everything is exactly the way it should be for our next cruise.  I even booked our two complimentary SD (Premier package) and was not asked for payment.  I don’t understand why it works for some and not others.  I’m sure it’s very frustrating!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, dweeb said:

Glad it’s working good for you. It logged me off while I was onboard 4 times on my 15 day Panamá canal cruise.  But other than logging me off, it worked fine while using. But still has limitations.  

Sorry it was a hassle, maybe the particular ship? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LACruiser88 said:

Good to hear!  We still have not downloaded the new app.  Since our next cruise is not until April, we are going to wait until the old app is taken off-line.   🙂

This 👆🏻

• Like 1

Is anyone else having problems looking at excursions and spa treatments on the new app? I'm getting a 'Webpage not available' error, with a go back button on both (sorry if this has already been mentioned - if I scrolled through all 50+ pages I'd be here for a while).

Editing to say I'm looking at my booking on the Sun Princess. But there were excursions listed on the old app, so I know they're set for my cruise.

Edited by GK95
Updating context

2 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

Good to hear!  We still have not downloaded the new app.  Since our next cruise is not until April, we are going to wait until the old app is taken off-line.   🙂

I have both apps downloaded on my phone, and both work. Figured I might as well figure out the new one. Downloading transferred all info without erasing anything from old app.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

Same here. The new app stopped recognizing any of my 8 future cruises. I am sticking with the old one as long as possible 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

I have to admit that I’ve had zero problems with the new app.  Everything is exactly the way it should be for our next cruise.  I even booked our two complimentary SD (Premier package) and was not asked for payment.  I don’t understand why it works for some and not others.  I’m sure it’s very frustrating!

Same here, seems the app is working as it should.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, 57eric said:

OK, I feel like an idiot.  Where does my OBC show up?  It's not under My Account>Rewards and Credits, which would seem to be the logical place.

On the personalizer (Princess web site) look under the Payments tab.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, memoak said:

Same here. The new app stopped recognizing any of my 8 future cruises. I am sticking with the old one as long as possible 

You have to log in, using the booking numbers for each one!

What a pain.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I downloaded it because I was having an issue with the old app wanting to ship the medallion to my old address on Brickell Ave.  My CVP said to download the new app.  So far it has worked beautifully for me.  However, I'm only logging in using my next booking number.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Yehootu said:

I have both apps downloaded on my phone, and both work. Figured I might as well figure out the new one. Downloading transferred all info without erasing anything from old app.

Just to point out in case there's somebody lurking who does not realize this...data is NOT transferred from one app to the other.  The apps themselves do NOT store any data.  All data is stored in the Princess data center (wherever that may be...)  The apps simply serve as a "window" into that database, allowing you to "see" info about your cruise.  Can you imagine how many more problems we would be seeing if the data really was stored in each person's phone?!!!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

On the personalizer (Princess web site) look under the Payments tab.

The website was down for quite a while this afternoon, so I couldn't.  Seeing it there now and confounded that it's not on the app.

2 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

You have to log in, using the booking numbers for each one!

What a pain.

It doesn’t recognize my booking numbers and now my personalizer  is DOA

14 minutes ago, memoak said:

It doesn’t recognize my booking numbers and now my personalizer  is DOA

Unreal!  Give it another day and recheck.  They are constantly running updates through the website and of course that affects the Apps.  They had a lot of

down time today on the website.

😳

2 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Just to point out in case there's somebody lurking who does not realize this...data is NOT transferred from one app to the other.  The apps themselves do NOT store any data.  All data is stored in the Princess data center (wherever that may be...)  The apps simply serve as a "window" into that database, allowing you to "see" info about your cruise.  Can you imagine how many more problems we would be seeing if the data really was stored in each person's phone?!!!

Thanks guys. You are absolutely right and the posts causing your response continue to show that many people do not read much of the thread before they post. I'm sure within a day yet another poster will say their data transferred from the old app to the new one with no problem ...

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, 57eric said:

The website was down for quite a while this afternoon, so I couldn't.  Seeing it there now and confounded that it's not on the app.

Some OBC such as purchased OBC doesn't even show there. That type of OBC should show on the Travel Summary. Regular OBC should be shown on your Booking Confirmation.

I’m hoping we don’t have issues with the app once we are onboard. It’s been a little frustrating for us and another couple who is traveling with us. We have the old app also since that’s what we used last May. 

I can’t do our dining ressies on there because when I go to link the other couple on our dining ressie it has them listed 4 times. Haha and it won’t let me pick just the two names so it would make it a ressie for 10! 😄 so then I have to call to get it straightened out. They still aren’t listed but the person said “I know you can’t see them but believe me, they are there”. 😄

When I do the app version on the website to change the time (I’ve done it twice) it deletes the couple totally. So then, I call to get them back on. 
The last time I called the woman told me to use the old app because it works better and she was right! 😄

I’m thinking once we are on the ship it will all work out. 

p.s.  oh yeah I forgot. I also had an issue when ordering the medallion that I again had to call to get it worked out. Three calls over two days, probably 2 hours on phone total for this one issue. It has not been fun planning this cruise that’s for sure. 

Edited by dizgal64

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

Unreal!  Give it another day and recheck.  They are constantly running updates through the website and of course that affects the Apps.  They had a lot of

down time today on the website.

😳

Heck now I can’t even get into “my account” on the website   Days we cannot find that page and 7 cruises over this year and next

The new app is great when it works.  The instant I got on the ship, it logged me out and upon logging back in, it insisted my parents approve me.  If I logged in with booking number it bypassed the adult permission screen but it wouldn’t allow me to see or order alcoholic drinks via the app. 

The front desk sent me to the medallion sales desk and the woman on duty acknowledged the problem and submitted a ticket.  I had a voice mail this morning asking if my problem was resolved and now I can’t even log onto the new app at all.  

The voice mail asked me to return to the medallion desk to let them know if the fix worked.  I just visited the desk again to show them the new problem and the person on duty was stuffing tissues up his nostrils and when I showed him the new problem he gave me a **** answer about how it doesn’t work the way everyone else on the ship said it should and not wanting to fight with the only disinterested crew member I’ve come across, I just excused myself and left. 

Thankfully the old app still is working.  

IMG_0412.png

Edited by Stosh68

2 hours ago, beg3yrs said:

Thanks guys. You are absolutely right and the posts causing your response continue to show that many people do not read much of the thread before they post. I'm sure within a day yet another poster will say their data transferred from the old app to the new one with no problem ...

The point I was making was that BOTH apps continue to work with all the mainframe data. Previous posters have reported that when they transitioned to the new app, that certain data points were erased, such as dining times. 

Edited by Yehootu