New Princess App available

iamaqt2

16 minutes ago, Charlie_and_Tracey said:

Has anyone been able to log into the website that had a previous account with Princess.

Yes. Just logged in. Using a Laptop, Windows 10 and Google Chrome. 

1 hour ago, t&atravel said:

@dandonnaIn the new app, go to profile, “show all” under my journeys, select “detail” under the journey you want to view.  It should show there.

IMG_5389.jpeg

Thanks a lot.  Plus shows on the upcoming cruise in Maach but nothing for the cruises later in 2024 and 2025.  Maybe only will show for your next upcoming cruise.

1 hour ago, memoak said:

I just make sure I have a screen shot from the personalizer 

I am planning to do that also.  Have you found a  place that shows your package with the casual dining, and other two items that are new?  I can see that I purchased the Plus package and all included items under Bundles but that section is generic and doesn't show which cruise it is for. 

6 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

I am planning to do that also.  Have you found a  place that shows your package with the casual dining, and other two items that are new?  I can see that I purchased the Plus package and all included items under Bundles but that section is generic and doesn't show which cruise it is for. 

If you are on the old app and hit packages it will lead you to the website and show the package and show all the components. I have never needed the screenshots for the last several years

2 hours ago, Charlie_and_Tracey said:

Has anyone been able to log into the website that had a previous account with Princess. My Wife and I have 12 cruises total and we are about to embark on 13, but we cannot see any of the data on the website, it constantly says login attempt was unsuccessful.  I've reset the password several times and I have tried contacting the Princess Technical department with no luck.  Anyone else have this issues? Thank you for any help!

image.jpeg.e4ffc1ac1a6422ddb623d460c0ac46ab.jpeg

I've had the same "login attempt was unsuccessful" error messages for quite some time now, and have found that if I just keep pressing the LOG IN button with the same Login ID and Password it will, at some point, finally log me in.  I've counted up to nine times before it registered, but it did finally log me in.  I had tried changing my password as well, but went back to using my original password which worked.  Not sure why the system did not recognize my changed password, but there you go.  I hope if you try this it will work for you!  🤞

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Charlie_and_Tracey said:

Has anyone been able to log into the website that had a previous account with Princess. My Wife and I have 12 cruises total and we are about to embark on 13, but we cannot see any of the data on the website, it constantly says login attempt was unsuccessful.  I've reset the password several times and I have tried contacting the Princess Technical department with no luck.  Anyone else have this issues? Thank you for any help!

The website can be a bit "extra" at times.  I have had that happen quite a lot.  To solve it, I just keep hitting the log in, with a slight pause between ignoring the notices,  .  Eventually it will log me in.  Hope that works for you.  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, kamelia said:

I've had the same "login attempt was unsuccessful" error messages for quite some time now, and have found that if I just keep pressing the LOG IN button with the same Login ID and Password it will, at some point, finally log me in.  I've counted up to nine times before it registered, but it did finally log me in.  I had tried changing my password as well, but went back to using my original password which worked.  Not sure why the system did not recognize my changed password, but there you go.  I hope if you try this it will work for you!  🤞

I had the same problem and finally uninstalled the app and reinstalled it - this worked for me

1 hour ago, coo359a2 said:

Thanks a lot.  Plus shows on the upcoming cruise in Maach but nothing for the cruises later in 2024 and 2025.  Maybe only will show for your next upcoming cruise.

Yes.  Looks like the package logo only appears for next booking.  We have 15 bookings, and only the next one shows a symbol, but the other 14 all show under the review packages button.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, lorri111 said:

I had the same problem and finally uninstalled the app and reinstalled it - this worked for me

I thought that @Charlie_and_Tracey was referring to issues with logging in at Princess.com, not issues with the app.  🤷‍♂️  If the problem is with the app, Charlie_and_Tracey, try lorri111's suggestion.  

4 hours ago, Charlie_and_Tracey said:

It is quirky to be sure.

You might also try and reboot your laptop....especially if you are both logging in on the same device with different login ids. I think it caches some things sometimes.

Or...try a different browser.

Or...log in using your booking # and using the 'click here' button.

Also, if you are going back and forth between the online version and the app, DD finally figured out that the app required a special character and the website did not, so her online password wouldn't work on the app.

• Thanks 1

Quirky app indeed! I downloaded it today and under "My Journeys" I clicked "Completed" and say only two of the 15 cruises that I've done with Princess. I clicked the + sign, presumably to add to the list but, every time I added a past cruise booking number, the app returned "not found." However, I then added a booking from 2017 and the app crashed (!!!). I then closed out the app on my Samsung S20+ and logged back into the medallion app. Lo and behold! The 2017 cruise showed dup on the list!

Mysterious but I guess the solution is to crash the app 😁

image.gif.577180998aff1712eb8e86c33cd538b3.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Charlie_and_Tracey said:

Reset the password. They changed the requirements for passwords and some symbols that could previously be in your password are now not allowed. 

Since it appears that Princess IT is updating the app as we move along, I wish they would add facial recognition, so we don't always have to type in all our information. Yes, I have mentioned this in a few posts. Maybe they are actually listening.  😂

• Like 1

I finally did it.  I downloaded the new App and so far so good.  I couldn’t find anything wrong except the new App on my IPad is only showing 2/3 of the screen. The old App shows the full screen. 

Edited by DHP1

So, the new app does show all my upcoming cruises both on my iPhone & iPad. Except my November 2025 booking does show the dates but not the name of the ship or a picture like it does for the Sun. At least it is on the app. 🙂

According to my CVP, which she posted 15 minutes ago.  I only have 1 cruise booked so can't check.

The Princess App has been updated. You can now see multiple voyages if you have more than one cruise booked. You can also view your pass cruises as well.
To make sure you are updated, go to your Google or Apple Store and check for updates. Or delete the app from your phone (you will not lose your information it is stored in a cloud) re-install the app. Then sign back in. This will trigger the update.
  • Like 2

I only have one more wish .. 

I hope that Princess will keep and maintain the deck plans for all ships, not just the ones you have booking for as is shown in the old app but only when you are not onboard.  
I think I will mention that to a couple of future cruise consultants a that we keep in touch with.  
I like to know, when booking on a new ship, where the doors are located in relation to the bed position.  
Those schematics could most definitely be provided in the future cruise office when booking on a new ship as the old app has them available.  

Other than that, we’ve now cruised 3 times using only the new app and I’m pretty happy with it.  There does seem to be a bit of trouble for us with the app registering that we’ve watched the muster drill video but never are we hassled about it.  

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

According to my CVP, which she posted 15 minutes ago.  I only have 1 cruise booked so can't check.

The Princess App has been updated. You can now see multiple voyages if you have more than one cruise booked. You can also view your pass cruises as well.
To make sure you are updated, go to your Google or Apple Store and check for updates. Or delete the app from your phone (you will not lose your information it is stored in a cloud) re-install the app. Then sign back in. This will trigger the update.

Yes, this is correct.  Except, from 2018-2020, I can only see the cruises that were equipped with 

MedallionClass.  After the restart in 2022, they all show up, as they were all updated with MedallionClass (Ocean Medallion).

I am not concerned about the past

ones from 6 years ago.  Just the current ones. 

They need to work on folks records that have the loyalty wrong and other issues posted.

I do appreciate, that they updated the new App to reflect our current and future cruises.  That is very helpful.  I sent IT an email, to thank them.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Yes, this is correct.  Except, from 2018-2020, I can only see the cruises that were equipped with 

MedallionClass.  After the restart in 2022, they all show up, as they were all updated with MedallionClass (Ocean Medallion).

I am not concerned about the past

ones from 6 years ago.  Just the current ones. 

They need to work on folks records that have the loyalty wrong and other issues posted.

I do appreciate, that they updated the new App to reflect our current and future cruises.  That is very helpful.  I sent IT an email, to thank them.

The new app now shows the correct loyalty level

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

With this last update, mine went back to blue, instead of black.

🥴

Glad yours is correct.  

2 hours ago, coo359a2 said:

A NO for me.  Went from Black to Blue with the last update.  At Least it has the pretty white background.

Mine was always correct (Elite) in the old App up through our voyages in Fall 2022.  Last year, it changed to Blue when the old App got a design make-over.  New App I am still Blue - even after deleting data and cache and re-logging in.  I am wondering (hopeful) it would self-correct if I made a booking.  That said, the App should pull member level from CC Member records (Profile) and not need to use a booking to get it.