Full suite question

1cruiselvr

Hubby and I will be sailing on the Emerald Princess soon. I’d like to know if full suites get complimentary access to the Thermal Suite, if Emerald has one. I’m not even sure it does. I’m very confused as to what a Vista suite (our cabin category) provides as complimentary.  Laundry I’m aware of, but that’s about it. 

Yes Emerald has a very limited version of the Thermal Suite,  And, yes it is part of the suite amenities. 

Be sure to take advantage of Complimentary dinner in a specialty restaurant on embarkation day.

Cheers!

🍷

Edited by Sam.Seattle

2 hours ago, Snaxmuppet said:

Are there any similar benefits on Sky?

No complimentary access to the thermal suite on the newer Royal Class ships like Sky, but you do get the complimentary speciality dinner on embarkation night and access to the Concierge Lounge which doesn't exist on the older ships. Here is the suite perks letter you get in your suite (with Club Class now renamed to Reserve Dining):

suiteperks.thumb.jpg.5b9c6ac33180c047a021206acf3701fd.jpg

Edited by dides
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, 1cruiselvr said:

Hubby and I will be sailing on the Emerald Princess soon. I’d like to know if full suites get complimentary access to the Thermal Suite, if Emerald has one. I’m not even sure it does. I’m very confused as to what a Vista suite (our cabin category) provides as complimentary.  Laundry I’m aware of, but that’s about it. 

There are laundry tickets in your cabin. Fill out the ticket and place it in the laundry bag(s). Leave the laundry bag(s) on your bed or somewhere else that is obvious to the cabin steward. Your cabin steward will pick up and have your clothing cleaned. I am not certain of the turn around time. You can ask your cabin steward. If it is just pressing that you want you can easily do this yourself in the self laundry rooms. There are laundry rooms on each passenger deck except deck 15. No charge for ironing.

https://www.princess.com/content/dam/princess/onboard-experience/pdfs/Princess Suite eFlyer.pdf.coredownload.inline.pdf

Guest Snaxmuppet

Something worth mentioning about the free laundry that caught me out...

Your laundry will be charged to your account before the credit hits it so for a day or two it is possible that your account looks like you have been charged for laundry... but the credit will come in at some point.

I went to GS to complain that I had been charged and they explained and sure enough... the credit did come in eventually so my laundry was free.

Turnaround was 24hrs for us on Sky.

7 hours ago, 1cruiselvr said:

Print out the list that's available on Princess.com.

The ONE time we were in a suite (major one-time splurge), we were very disappointed because our steward either wasn't aware of the extras or didn't care. I had to show him the list in order to get 75% of the extras and still didn't manage to get all of them.

It was only a 4-day cruise or I would have insisted on a different steward.

5 hours ago, dides said:

No complimentary access to the thermal suite on the newer Royal Class ships like Sky, but you do get the complimentary speciality dinner on embarkation night and access to the Concierge Lounge which doesn't exist on the older ships. Here is the suite perks letter you get in your suite (with Club Class now renamed to Reserve Dining):

suiteperks.thumb.jpg.5b9c6ac33180c047a021206acf3701fd.jpg

Thank you for this information. Would the perks listed in this letter be the same for Enchanted Princess?

3 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

The ONE time we were in a suite (major one-time splurge), we were very disappointed because our steward either wasn't aware of the extras or didn't care. I had to show him the list in order to get 75% of the extras and still didn't manage to get all of them.

4 night cruises have many exclusions like no complementary first night specialty restaurant.  Sometimes they do invite suite guests on shorter cruises the list of perks excludes it. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, luv2sailAgain said:

Thank you for this information. Would the perks listed in this letter be the same for Enchanted Princess?

In our experience, we had the same perks on Enchanted and Discovery Princess.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Our EXACT same situation - took an upsell to a Penthouse suite from a Balcony - little 4 day on the CB, pre-Covid. - Steward may have been new to suites ... as were we.  We did get the 1st night specialty dinner 'by mistake' - the dine line called 'us', we booked, and were comped after a discussion, when seated.  Had to ask for everything

• Like 1

1 minute ago, luv2sailAgain said:

Thanks again! The more I research suite perks on Princess, the more confused I am. I appreciate your help.

Although we missed the introduction of the 360 dining experience on Discovery Princess by a few weeks.  And that is by invitation for suite guests on Enchanted Princess and Discovery Princess (but can be booked now by non-suite guests for $149pp).  Just to make it a little more confusing lol

• Haha 1

We love the Suites Only breakfast available each morning in one of the specialty dining restaurants.  On Discovery it is in Sabattinis and on Majestic it is in Harmony.  On the Emerald it might be in Crown Grill.  The menu appears to be limited, but order whatever you would like and they will get it for you.  Also, you will have a one time mini-bar set up of alcohol, waters and sodas.  You can swap alcohol for alcohol and non-alcohol for non-alcohol.  For instance, we always swap the alcohol for all vodka.  You will also have bottled water provided daily.  Enjoy!

• Like 1

My wife and I are sailing on the Regal out of Galveston at the end of this month.  It is our second Princess cruise.  Our first was also out of Galveston last year on the Ruby.  My question concerns the priority boarding perk that is part of the package when booked into a full suite.  Since we are new to Princess our medallion is blue.  Both cruises were full suites.

Last year when we attempted access to the Platinum/Elite lounge area we were denied entry and to sit in the general boarding area.  After fuming a while, I approached someone who looked official and explained that I thought suites had priority boarding.  I was then allowed into the lounge area and told to sit in an area that when boarding started, was the last in the lounge to go.  It was priority boarding.

My question is what should be expected for priority boarding with Princess.  With Celebrity and RCL we were among the very first to board, before the Plats and Elites.  I am not complaining, as the Lounge gets priority boarding.  I do however want to receive any perks I am entitled to.

9 minutes ago, KreinKrunker said:

On the Emerald, breakfast is in Sabatini's.

For the most ships it is Sabatini’s. You will have a letter in your suite telling you if it is different. It will be in a specialty restaurant and will be wonderful 

• Like 1