Stockperks

Tier1

Princess has informed me that they are not accepting forms requesting shareholder onboard credit and shareholders must use an app for a site called “ Stockperks”. Has anyone used it or had any difficulties?

6 minutes ago, Tier1 said:

Princess has informed me that they are not accepting forms requesting shareholder onboard credit and shareholders must use an app for a site called “ Stockperks”. Has anyone used it or had any difficulties?

Lots of chatter on here about it, just scroll through you’ll easily find them

Took ~2-3 business days for stockperks to confirm my manual brokerage statement.

Then took about a week to get my OBC added.

Pretty smooth, if you use one of the automatic Plaid connections I'm sure it's even easier/better.

I used the StockPerks app to apply for S/H OBC on a HAL cruise (all Carnival Corp lines are using StockPerks) and had the OBC in my account in about 3 hours.  I did use the Plaid connection and so didn't have to submit a copy of my monthly account summary.

I'm confused. We are supposed to give them our financial planner sign on and password information in order to redeem this?  I guess that is too much information my husband is willing to share.  Anyone else find this unusual?

For what it's worth, StockPerks uses the Plaid network (What is Plaid? | Plaid) to connect to a brokerage account where your CCL shares reside.  It then verifies to Princess (or other Carnival US brands) that you do in fact own the required shares and is much easier than faxing/emailing copies of redacted brokerage statements to Santa Clarita.

Only you (or your husband) can determine if you want to do it this way, but I'd not be surprised if eventually the option of emailing brokerage statements goes away entirely.

52 minutes ago, soccergang said:

I'm confused. We are supposed to give them our financial planner sign on and password information in order to redeem this?  I guess that is too much information my husband is willing to share.  Anyone else find this unusual?

Use the ALIVEA option rather than the PLAID to manually upload your brokerage statement showing you own at least 100 shares of CCL stock.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, soccergang said:

Read some of the other threads on this.  Discussed very deeply...and talking specifically about your concern.  Almost nobody does that...there's a way around it but I have not gone through it myself so I don't feel qualified to speak to it.

1 hour ago, soccergang said:

I would not do that at all. 

2 hours ago, soccergang said:

When I first used this new system a few weeks ago, I only gave them the name of my brokerage firm (TD Waterhouse) and nothing more. I then uploaded a highly redacted PDF of the section of my statement showing the 100 CCL shares, with all other info blacked out. Had the OBC for out July trip in my Princess account within hours.

I recently applied for my CCL Shareholder OBC for my 5 upcoming Princess cruises by emailing hello@stockperks.com. I don't use an App and live in New Zealand.  I supplied only the basic information required, name, address, booking # and a screen shot of my current CCL shares holding. I received an immediate response that they had received my request and in approximately 24 hours my OBC had been applied. Quick and easy for a Techno Dinosaur like me! Well done 🙂

• Like 1

Just signed up for a Stockperks account.  The process went smoothly.  

Our cruise is in April and it took less than a week to see the credit on our Princess account.

Stockperks was also very communicative in letting us know what step we were on and how long we should expect to the next step.

Personally we made the decision to not link our stock accounts and just forward the information needed from our statement, we just used screen shots that were easy with directions on how to pass along.  The info we sent them only had a name and CCL listed but no other personal information.

Hope all goes well for you

This has got to be the worst idea that CCL has committed to.  I have spent the last hour trying to upload my shareholder document.  I was not comfortable allowing CCL nor StockPerks to have direct access to my stock account.  I tried this and that and everything to upload a photo (screenshot/photo/PNG, etc).  Finally was successful attaching a PDF from downloads.  But it seems to be cut off.  Will see in a few days if the entire document got sent.

No where did they ask which cruise this was for.  

I'm not the techiest of persons. I was really happy emailing the information to Carnival.

I hope this is faster.  P E N D I N G

UGH....

14 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

I just fax'd mine in yesterday so will see if they come back and tell me to do it differently.

I faxed mine three weeks ago and got nothing.  I refaxed it last week and still no credits showing.  Guess I'll try Stockperks now.