Daily internet prices to increase!

dweeb

I just read on another site that the daily internet prices are going up to $24.99 per person per day.  4 device will be $44.99 per day.  princess plus and Premier will not change in price.   I guess they are wanting us to get the packages!

MEDALLIONNET PRICE INCREASE — NO CHANGE FOR FARE BUNDLES!

Now It Pays to Plus® more than ever as the price of purchasing super-fast MedallionNet® separately is going up. The a la carte cost is increasing to $24.99 per person, per day, per voyage, for single-device Wi-Fi, and to $44.99 for four-device Wi-Fi, effective with pre-cruise purchases starting Jan 22. Additionally, the price will increase for onboard Wi-Fi purchase on voyages sailing Jan 31 and beyond. There is no impact to guests who have purchased MedallionNet at the current price ($14.99/$39.99) prior to these dates. It is also important to note that there is no change to the price of Princess Plus and Princess Premier

Edited by dweeb
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 9

24 minutes ago, dweeb said:

I just read on another site that the daily internet prices are going up to $24.99 per person per day.  4 device will be $44.99 per day.  princess plus and Premier will not change in price.   I guess they are wanting us to get the packages!

Now It Pays to Plus® more than ever as the price of purchasing super-fast MedallionNet® separately is going up. The a la carte cost is increasing to $24.99 per person, per day, per voyage, for single-device Wi-Fi, and to $44.99 for four-device Wi-Fi, effective with pre-cruise purchases starting Jan 22. Additionally, the price will increase for onboard Wi-Fi purchase on voyages sailing Jan 31 and beyond. There is no impact to guests who have purchased MedallionNet at the current price ($14.99/$39.99) prior to these dates. It is also important to note that there is no change to the price of Princess Plus and Princess Premier

IDK about you but I wish PCL would drop the 99 cent nonsense.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, dweeb said:

It’s only like a 65% price increase!!

66.67% even!!  The good news is that it is once again cheaper to buy a 4-device plan than 2X 1-device plans.  If we sail with best friends, the four of us will share a 4-device plan.  I would do the same with wife and I.

• Like 1

My new math is this:

CA = $32/couple

MNet = $22.50/couple

Total Fixed Costs we care about = $54.50/couple/day.

Balance for Bar Tab = $65.50/couple/day.   (Difference between Plus cost and Fixed Costs).

Still going Standard assuming I am doing BYOW.

• Like 10

16 minutes ago, Amtrack Springfield said:

We are Elite. We have a cruise on the Sun Princess. How do we book the internet before price increase.

That needs to be done through the Princess app. FYI, I have never been able to figure out how two book to individual packages; it's either a single device or four devices and we only need two.  I book one for me then sign into my wife's Medallion account and book one for her.  Works just fine.

Edited by d9704011

31 minutes ago, dweeb said:

Conclusions:

1.  This means more marketing hype to purchase packages.

2.  Another step leading to the next package cost increase.

• Like 14

2 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

That needs to be done through the Princess app. FYI, I have never been able to figure out how two book to individual packages; it's either a single device or four devices and we only need two.  I book one for me then sign into my wife's Medallion account and book one for her.  Works just fine.

But now you should just book 1 4-device plan with the new pricing.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

66.67% even!!  The good news is that it is once again cheaper to buy a 4-device plan than 2X 1-device plans.  If we sail with best friends, the four of us will share a 4-device plan.  I would do the same with wife and I.

I can't remember what is needed for login.  If you share with your friends do you just let them know your login?  Is it a new one or your Princess login?  I assume your cabin # would also be needed.

1 minute ago, dickinson said:

I can't remember what is needed for login.  If you share with your friends do you just let them know your login?  Is it a new one or your Princess login?  I assume your cabin # would also be needed.

Cabin number and date of birth. At least that’s what was needed on Sapphire earlier this month. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

Conclusions:

1.  This means more marketing hype to purchase packages.

I did notice earlier this week there is a new menu bar at the top of the Personalizer page, that now includes 'bundles'.  That wasn't there before.  

Screenshot 2024-01-18 5.58.19 PM.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, AlpacaBag said:

Guess Starlink cost more than the SES O3b system. 😕 Hope it's worth it long-term.

Not necessarily. If the demand for the better product is there, the market will sustain higher pricing.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Paula_MacFan said:

I did notice earlier this week there is a new menu bar at the top of the Personalizer page, that now includes 'bundles'.  That wasn't there before.  

Screenshot 2024-01-18 5.58.19 PM.png

I don’t have that on any of my bookings. Thanks for posting the screen shot. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dweeb said:

It’s only like a 65% price increase!!

ONLY. Guess it is Okay to increase the price of cruises 65% then? Or the Plus and Premium packages 65%

Edited by Potstech
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, dweeb said:

Oh no Where did you read this?  Did Princess put out a news release as I cant find one.  Just makes me so mad!   Next they’ll take away the platinum/elite 50% off internet.  Even at $12.50 a day (increase of $5 bucks a day) with the 50% off I still wont purchase any of the plus or premier packages.   

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

But now you should just book 1 4-device plan with the new pricing.

Maybe... hadn't considered it.  I was responding to a question regarding booking at the current price before it (maybe) gets jacked up.

3 hours ago, Amtrack Springfield said:

We are Elite. We have a cruise on the Sun Princess. How do we book the internet before price increase.

On the App.

However, my 2026 bookings are not available to book wifi.