VIFP Benefits Question

I wanted to make sure I understand the VIFP benefit correctly. I have always seen the 1.5 L of bottled water in the room. I’ve always never touched it as it’s expensive, lol. I saw on the website if you are red or above then the 1.5 L of water is free. Does that mean that cheap person in the cabin who is red or above can drink the expensive water in the room for free? Do you have to inform anyone you are using this as your free water? 

Does anyone who is of different benefit levels like any of the other benefits they are offered? 

Thanks!

My past experience sailing solo is that only one of the two bottles in the room would have the tag still around it - I would only use that one and was never charged. Occasionally there would be something indicating it was free, but that hasn't always been the case.

• Like 1

I'm gold and I am also confused.  What water is in the room and is it free?  

I was a bit confused the way the question was asked, but am also curiour.

Any pictures would help.

it is a bit of a pain but i find it easier to get the free water at the bar because you will get a receipt that says 0.00 on it which means it is truly totally free

if you use the bottle in the room, the steward may not know about your benefit and will charge you the full price which then requires a trip to guest service to fix the issue

Edited by shof515
  • Like 4

That's for EACH gold member correct? So both my husband and I would each get a bottle of water? (It's been awhile since I was on Carnival and can't remember if we used that perk last time or not). 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mitsugirly said:

That's for EACH gold member correct? So both my husband and I would each get a bottle of water? (It's been awhile since I was on Carnival and can't remember if we used that perk last time or not). 

As gold, you get the bottle of water and an appreciation drink if the cruise is long enough, for each member. 

I usually get my bottle from a bar so I know it's free and don't get inadvertently charged from the stateroom and I presume less work as the room steward won't have to restock it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tonyhb12 said:

I'm gold and I am also confused.  What water is in the room and is it free?  

I was a bit confused the way the question was asked, but am also curiour.

Any pictures would help.

Everyone who is not a blue card (first Carnivals cruise) gets a free one liter bottle of water.

There may have been a stretch where it was not delivered to staterooms post-restart, but typically this should be in your room upon arrival.

• Like 1

We are Diamond and I’ve used the stateroom water for free for quite some time without a charge.  I don’t know if it’s still this way (cause I just don’t recall);but once we turned platinum the tag on the bottle said complimentary rather than the other one that had a price on it, I think.

• Like 1

Since the restart I've always picked up my water at the bar. On my last cruise I went to the Atrium bar and the bartender told us our steward had already marked the two bottles in our cabin as our free bottles so we could just go ahead and drink those. Next time I'll ask my steward if we can take those instead of going to a bar. If I don't it would be my luck I'd drink them and get charged. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, shof515 said:

it is a bit of a pain but i find it easier to get the free water at the bar because you will get a receipt that says 0.00 on it which means it is truly totally free

if you use the bottle in the room, the steward may not know about your benefit and will charge you the full price which then requires a trip to guest service to fix the issue

In the Different Strokes for Different Folks department, I don't ordinarily visit bars on cruises, so I would much rather just grab the bottle in the room. I've done this twice on recent cruises. I told the steward what I was up to and that I had status (they probably knew, but it can't hurt to state the obvious). I wasn't charged.

On past cruises before the shutdown, they used to bring this bottle IN ADDITION TO any bottle they wanted to sell, either on the desk/shelf or in the cooler.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, CreamsicleCatMom said:

IMG_6727.thumb.jpeg.f7eca2068060cb4e138a3c98852df63e.jpegI added a picture to clarify. The free water says redeemable in the stateroom. So, the expensive water that is sitting in your room when you arrive is that the free water if you are in red benefit or higher?

Yes, if you use the bottle in the stateroom you will NOT be charged for it.  If you have two red/gold members in the room, then both bottles are no charge.  The steward will replace the bottles in your room but don't use the replaced ones or you will be charged.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, mitsugirly said:

Yes, and Sakari as well. 😎

Just be aware of how many bottles are in cabin when arrive.  Last cruise there was only 1 bottle in cabin, I saw that we were charged for a bottle. Had to go to guest services to have charge removed.

21 hours ago, mitsugirly said:

Actually, each Red member and above. So, yes, technically Gold as well since it is a higher tier than Red, but Red cards also get the free water.

As to the OP, I would suggest just going to a bar to redeem your free water, instead of trying to take one of the ones provided in your cabin and risk being charged if your steward is not aware and charges it to your room.

I've always done it the way I suggested above, usually at the atrium bar, and end up with a receipt for it that says $0.00. It also shows up as a transaction in the app/on your billing statement at the end that way, with a $0.00 charge of course.

Edited by bg2310