cost for specialty restaurants

tango9

Thanks, I was sure given how accurate you were on other things that there was indeed a price increase applying certainly on Quest - maybe the other ships will apply them from their next sailings

Thank you also for the menus- these are indeed the unchanged menus.  We hear of menu changes coming (well we often here that one!!) - if they are upgrading the menus I would have preferred them to "show us the colour of their money" rather than push the prices up first.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crzrr said:

Yesterday I received an email about the culinary packages.  A 3 table package was $85pp, a 4 table package was $115pp.  We will be on the Journey in a couple of weeks.  

It's weird. I board Journey on the 7th March, had the email, but nowhere against the Specialty dining does it give a price. Internet packages yes, dining no. 

Phil 

5 hours ago, uktog said:

3. There was a more professional and less folksy “class clown” level of service. - dinging the butter covers or joking when bringing the soup bowl with just garnish isn’t appropriate

Have to say we’ve never experienced that, thank goodness!

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

It's weird. I board Journey on the 7th March, had the email, but nowhere against the Specialty dining does it give a price. Internet packages yes, dining no. 

Phil 

If you pre-purchase in your booking price is still $85 for the three table tour. Would guess that they will not ask for more after you get on board.

We are on Quest april 8th and doubt if we will bother with any of the speciality venues this time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mackdogmolly said:

So, June?

They should hold back price increases until they improve the menus.

Reading what's going on in the World Cruise I am seeing lots of attention on Chefs Table type menus - maybe thats what is going to be "Speciality" going forward although the high table excludes some as so much of the experience is about eating in the group.  

Chefs Tables were a later introduction on Azamara - in those earlier days the specialities were really special - cheese shuffles, dover sole, higher quality beef and beautiful soups.  All no longer offered

40 minutes ago, oddjob16 said:

If you pre-purchase in your booking price is still $85 for the three table tour. Would guess that they will not ask for more after you get on board.

We are on Quest april 8th and doubt if we will bother with any of the speciality venues this time. 

Yes, I'm the same. I don't buy the packages very often because I like to wait until I board to see how I feel. I also like to mix it up. MDR, buffet, the Patio. Once you factor in White Night and Azamazing if they have one and I don't have enough opportunity to use the package to it's fullest. Even if I'm in a suite I may only go once or twice in a cruise. 

Phil 

• Like 3

We called and booked what we always do on board, Chef's Table Plus Two.  Used onboard credit at the old price ($145 each).  Since this is on Quest and we know individual Specialties are now $49 per, the Chef's Package definitely would be more on board. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, uktog said:

I would not name names here but it’s very much the style of two of the regular waiters. 

If it's only those two, easy to avoid for those who dislike.  I'll bet there are some who do like that sort of thing [or they wouldn't keep doing it].  Not my style, but "Choice is good."

• Like 2

It's not a deal breaker for us. Because the MDR is simply not up to the mark we always mix it so, on a typical 7 nighter we do 3 MDR, 1 white night and 3 specialty. That will add $35 each to our costs, equivalent to $10 total per night. It doesn't change our dining strategy at that level of cost!

1 hour ago, nooosey said:

Anyone know if a three night package is purchased pre cruise and you are on a b2b cruise, can the three nights be spread across both legs of the cruises?

In the past, that never was possible.  Now that they are combining B2Bs in a single booking ID (if yours was booked after that change) it may be possible, like being able to roll over OBC from one sailing to the next. 

During our recent cruise when dining in Aqualina, we enjoyed the dover sole entree.  Both of us ordered it, and the plates were prepared tableside by two servers - a bit of a gentle competition, as the deboning was slightly varied.  It was absolutely delicious, and other diners also appeared to enjoy "the show."

FYI, the sailing was on Journey this past month, disembarking in Auckland on Jan. 21.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Ithikan said:

During our recent cruise when dining in Aqualina, we enjoyed the dover sole entree.  Both of us ordered it, and the plates were prepared tableside by two servers - a bit of a gentle competition, as the deboning was slightly varied.  It was absolutely delicious, and other diners also appeared to enjoy "the show."

FYI, the sailing was on Journey this past month, disembarking in Auckland on Jan. 21.

Is it back on the menu- great news if it is! 

48 minutes ago, Ithikan said:

It was a "special," sorry to report -

Sorry to hear it wasn't, once again, on the regular menu. It had been the highlight of Aqualina on past cruises.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, uktog said:

Is it back on the menu- great news if it is! 

Not regularly. We had it on Quest in August, but it was offered as the "todays special". Not on the menu.

• Thanks 1