MERGED: Queen Mary 2 world voyage 2024 Itinerary Change

tjunmin

10 minutes ago, D&N said:

Provided that you are capable of carrying your own luggage off the ship and that you had arranged with immigration in Sri Lanka, I'm not sure how they could stop you.

Other folk will be leaving the ship for tours and shore visits, so there must be a gangway.

They can if the correct immigration procedures aren't available.

If available, it would be interesting and instructive to learn how departing could be stopped.

Edited by Victoria2
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

They can if the correct immigration procedures aren't available.

If available, it would be interesting and instructive to learn how departing could be stopped.

Almost as entertaining as watching the late arrivals. 😀

12 hours ago, VIII88 said:

Cunard will not let us disembark in Colombo as of today, when we checked again with them. 

Unlikely Cunard's decision, Sri Lanka immigration will make that decision.

You can apply online for a Sri Lanka transit visa which is free.

What are the general conditions of a Transit Visa?

If you are staying more than 24 hours to get your connecting flight, you have to apply for a transit visa through the https://www.eta.gov.lk. It is valid only for 48 hours.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Annie56 said:

Anyone actually received any refund money??
we are still waiting 

For the cancelled excursions? Ours arrived in our CC account yesterday. 

Our itinerary was altered from HKG-DUB to HKG-CPT with 6 'free' nights and $250 on-board spend each. Sounds great but getting back to the UK from Cape Town was tricky as cheap flights weren't available until 3-4 days after disembarkation. We decided to sail back to Southampton but I get the impression that Cunard 'upped' the price for the new 15 day leg possibly to get back the money on the 6 free days. A bit cheeky for loyal clients. Still in communication with them on this but it seems to be £600 over priced for a sheltered balcony. The last leg only has 3 stops at Namibia, Canaries and Lisbon so hardly a showstopper. 

On 2/4/2024 at 9:54 PM, AUH said:

Really great pricing for Singapore-Cape Town for those who can make it - it's essentially a 21-night voyage for the price of a 7-night winter crossing!

P1: $5819 per person, with $800 OBC

Q5: $7899 per person, with $1250 OBC

I would have been really tempted if I didn't already have other travel plans during this period.

Looking at that Singapore-Cape Town leg right now on the US website, amazing too that balcony cabins are currently cheaper than oceanview.

IMG_8854.jpeg

I don't think that Britannia Oceanview fare on the QM2 Singapore to Cape Town voyage (M408) is real. Not that I'd want to book it at that fare, but when I start a booking for two guests, it tells me "Room is not available" and then switches the Britannia Oceanview category to "Sold out".

The Britannia Single Oceanview category is available at the moment as a guarantee-only booking for a base fare of $3,279 for one guest. That's exactly half of that $6,558 fare being quoted for two on the Britannia Oceanview category which can't actually be booked for two right now.

I think that's what's behind that silliness with the Britannia Oceanview pricing displayed on the Cunard US website at the moment anyway.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bluemarble said:

I don't think that Britannia Oceanview fare on the QM2 Singapore to Cape Town voyage (M408) is real. Not that I'd want to book it at that fare, but when I start a booking for two guests, it tells me "Room is not available" and then switches the Britannia Oceanview category to "Sold out".

The Britannia Single Oceanview category is available at the moment as a guarantee-only booking for a base fare of $3,279 for one guest. That's exactly half of that $6,558 fare being quoted for two on the Britannia Oceanview category which can't actually be booked for two right now.

I think that's what's behind that silliness with the Britannia Oceanview pricing displayed on the Cunard US website at the moment anyway.

Would you guess all the cancellations resulting from the rerouting have been processed by Cunard by now?  Or I wonder if more “new” availability is to come as more cancellations get processed?

3 hours ago, ChrisMV said:

Would you guess all the cancellations resulting from the rerouting have been processed by Cunard by now?  Or I wonder if more “new” availability is to come as more cancellations get processed?

Sorry, I don't have any way of knowing if there are more cancellations yet to be processed. I can tell you there is pretty good availability showing at the moment on the Cunard US website for QM2's Singapore to Cape Town voyage (M408) in all the categories from sheltered balcony and above.

Just seen advert in paper via travel agent , Capetown to  Southampton,  including  flights and a nights hotel in PG £3850.

Compared to direct with Cunard £4040 voyage only.

Both cheap but via travel agent extraordinary 

• Like 3

It looks like they have finally updated the maps for Singapore to Cape Town & Capetown to  Southampton.

The Australian website still shows "Sold Out" for all categories for Singapore to Cape Town (whereas the UK & US site has been bookable for some time with plenty of availability).

I contacted Cunard to find out why it can't be booked in Australia & if they know when it will be fixed but had no response.

Does anyone know the reason?

On 2/9/2024 at 6:50 AM, Annie56 said:

we are still waiting 

We received all of our excursion cancellation refunds, but are staying on the cruise (Singapore to Southampton).

On 1/31/2024 at 4:29 AM, rafinmd said:

Looks good to me.  One thing I would like to see happen is options for an overland journey from Durban to Cape Town.

Roy

When I cruised around South Africa on Chusan, when the Suez was closed, there was a popular overland tour from Cape Town to Durban on offer. 

23 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

When I cruised around South Africa on Chusan, when the Suez was closed, there was a popular overland tour from Cape Town to Durban on offer. 

its more than possible to arrange one, my travel agent put a package together that enabled us to spend a couple of nights at a reserve and flights and pickups for a very good value much less than  the offered excursions from Cunard. It may be worth talking to a good agent and seeing if they can organise something for you....

Good wildlife reserves near Durban, 2 or 3 hour journey will get you nearly  real thing (have to go to Botwana , Kenya, etc for real thing) then plenty of flights Durban to Capetown.  Get a Durban based tour operator,  will be luxury and relatively cheap. Book air tickets yourself on line.

Remember can leave most luggage on ship, and travel light

My wife and I are joining in Singapore following the cancelation of the Dubai-Soton cruise. Noting we are now calling at Colombo we have been getting conflicting advice re-visas for Sri Lanka. Looking at the Sri Lanka Official website, it looks as if we can get transit visas at no cost on arrival at Colombo.

Has there been any more definitive information onboard?

Phinda is one of best safari reserves in KZN. They could most likely arrange road transport.  Be aware you are talking £700+ a night . However you 2ill be one of a few people feel like you are on own, will get close up and personal with wildlife.  Not something on a ships tour

Edited by Windsurfboy

35 minutes ago, Very Ancient Mariner said:

My wife and I are joining in Singapore following the cancelation of the Dubai-Soton cruise. Noting we are now calling at Colombo we have been getting conflicting advice re-visas for Sri Lanka. Looking at the Sri Lanka Official website, it looks as if we can get transit visas at no cost on arrival at Colombo.

We are also joining in Singapore and we've had a transit visa approved via the Srl Lanka website. Below is from Cunards Roll board who I assume is already on board.

IMG_7321.thumb.png.b01ef8a71eeea99d22343ee22b76befe.png

On 2/9/2024 at 11:50 AM, Annie56 said:

we are still waiting 

Yes we have, full amount was sent to our credit card and was showing on our account on 8th February  but back dated to the 5th by our bank.The  pre booked excursions were refunded separately a day or two earlier. Hope you get your refund soon if you’ve not already.

16 hours ago, Very Ancient Mariner said:

Transit visa can be organised online before boarding, or the crew will assist you via your smart phone once onboard.

• Like 1