Most Traveled Passenger Lunch

karatemom2

12 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I've been told (not experienced) that your best bet would be Seattle since it is an easy destination for most new passengers.  

LA and SF to Alaska/Mexico/California Coastal seems to be cherished by many long time passengers due to the sea days and ease of getting to the ports.  

I'm still waiting my turn.  Seems as though...as my number of days goes up, I get further and further away.

A currently booked cruise might give me a decent shot.  ONLY 2 pages on the Roll Call, ship seems empty, and lots of new Cruise Critic posters (less than 100 posts) on Roll Call.  Crossing my fingers.  

Commenting on your roll call. It seems to me that the roll call threads aren't getting the posts they used to. I have a cruise on the Caribbean in late April and only 4 pages (92 posts) and only 14 screen names.

I was sorry to see that cruise critic removed a nice little piece of information. You used to click on the post number and a pop-up screen would show you the people who posted and how many times.  Sorry I hijacked the thread.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, nasa1974 said:

Commenting on your roll call. It seems to me that the roll call threads aren't getting the posts they used to. I have a cruise on the Caribbean in late April and only 4 pages (92 posts) and only 14 screen names.

I was sorry to see that cruise critic removed a nice little piece of information. You used to click on the post number and a pop-up screen would show you the people who posted and how many times.  Sorry I hijacked the thread.

Roll calls are hit and miss - we have a super active roll call for our summer cruise, but the roll call for our recent New Year’s cruise was virtually non existent, even though the ship was full. 

In our recent experience it seems our longer cruises and those to more distant places where shared excursions are a desirable option seem to get better participation. 

Very glad the one for our June cruise is so great. We have made many friends from our roll calls, a number we still stay in contact with many years later. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, karatemom2 said:

Question for those that have attended a "Most Traveled Passenger" Luncheon - I'm guessing there are a number of you here who have based on being loyal Princess cruisers for many years. My DH is really looking forward to getting the invite one day - we will go over 350 days with our cruise this summer. That seems like a lot to us, but then we attend the Captain's Circle parties and the top Princess cruisers usually have days in the thousands. So, one wonders if we will ever make the cut, no matter how many cruises we manage to take. Mind you, we intend to keep cruising with Princess for many years to come - I'm not even retired yet. But will we ever catch up? Who knows?

So, for those of you who have attended, what was the number of days you had when you first were invited? And, what was the lowest number of days for anyone that you know made the list? DH is so hopeful, but perhaps I need to manage expectations!

I doubt anyone will know.  We were on a three week Enchanted Princess Mediterranean cruise last summer that evidently was broken into three different cruises and we were invited to two MTG luncheons and one MTG evening cocktail party.  

We much preferred the cocktail party because there were only 40 guests and you really got to mingle with the officers and vice versa.  Also, there were violin players at the MTG cocktail event.   At the MTG luncheons you were sat a table with an officer and about 8 to 9 guests who seemed to have a contest one-upping each other with cruise stories.

Also, photograph provided with the Captain each time was nice touch.  We have over 400 days.  

Edited by Princessfan20
  • Like 5

Been to a few. Not sure I would accept if invited to another one. Usually end up sitting next to a ship's officer who would rather not be there. Also, there are those who won't shut up talking about all their cruises. Food is pretty good, but being vegetarians, we have to check in advance.

• Haha 1

Last summer, round-trip Seattle to Alaska on the Crown Princess, we made the most-travelled luncheon with only 137 days.  This was when Crown was still having engine issues, so a lot of regular cruisers were avoiding her.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dee_Jay said:

Last summer, round-trip Seattle to Alaska on the Crown Princess, we made the most-travelled luncheon with only 137 days.  This was when Crown was still having engine issues, so a lot of regular cruisers were avoiding her.

As the ships get older, the more problems arise & some of the older crowd begin to avoid sailing on them.

2 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

As the ships get older, the more problems arise & some of the older crowd begin to avoid sailing on them.

On the Crown last month the cutoff for MTG was around 700 days

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dee_Jay said:

We were on one of those as well. Made the cutoff with around 180 days... of course almost everyone who was elite onboard was invited, think captain circle host said there were like 35-40 elites onboard

• Like 1

259 for MTG luncheon, Western Caribbean out of Galveston January 2023.  Yes, we were surprised; and we agree with the statement above about officers who didn’t want to be there and braggart conversations. Food was nice, and we were happy to be invited. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, billco said:

Been to a few. Not sure I would accept if invited to another one. Usually end up sitting next to a ship's officer who would rather not be there. Also, there are those who won't shut up talking about all their cruises. Food is pretty good, but being vegetarians, we have to check in advance.

I have always found the officers very interactive and interesting. The food is one of best meals I believe you can have on board a ship. I do find that a few diners like to brag about number of cruises and how much they know but mostly ignore them

• Like 2

I have had several nice discussion with ship officers at these luncheons. Usual after starting the discussion talking about our experience with their department and complimenting members of their department we have interacted with. That has led to some very good discussions on how exactly their departments operate.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, memoak said:

I have always found the officers very interactive and interesting. The food is one of best meals I believe you can have on board a ship. I do find that a few diners like to brag about number of cruises and how much they know but mostly ignore them

This is why DH is so interested. We have a friend who lives about 20 minutes from the port in San Pedro and she has been sailing with Princess since she was a teenager. Suffice it to say that was a long time ago and a lot of days so she regularly is a guest at these meals. She has shared the photos and how outstanding the food is, so it would be nice to try. Meeting officers would be pleasant, as well I guess. The bragging I would prefer to avoid. I’m embarrassed to even talk about our number of cruises and try to avoid it when friends or family  ask “Are you guys going on ANOTHER cruise?”  

Not that it should be embarrassing to have a form of travel you love, but people get weird about it so I don’t really discuss it - outside of this forum of like minded people! 😊

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, karatemom2 said:

This is why DH is so interested. We have a friend who lives about 20 minutes from the port in San Pedro and she has been sailing with Princess since she was a teenager. Suffice it to say that was a long time ago and a lot of days so she regularly is a guest at these meals. She has shared the photos and how outstanding the food is, so it would be nice to try. Meeting officers would be pleasant, as well I guess. The bragging I would prefer to avoid. I’m embarrassed to even talk about our number of cruises and try to avoid it when friends or family  ask “Are you guys going on ANOTHER cruise?”  

Not that it should be embarrassing to have a form of travel you love, but people get weird about it so I don’t really discuss it - outside of this forum of like minded people! 😊

I understand what you say about non cruisers. We have gotten into conversations with people and when they ask how many cruises we haven taken we get reactions like “50 cruises are you kidding”

• Like 1

On 2/26/2024 at 4:57 PM, karatemom2 said:

Well we do love Alaska! Considering a cruise in September if we can make it work - it's between that and a New England cruise, but we do love going out of San Francisco and saving the flying part. I'm not holding out much hope for our Norway cruise this summer - it's looking like a very popular choice!

FYI we did the "Midnight Sun" to Norway on the Sky in Aug 2022 and the ship sailed with only 2400 passengers , and the MTL cut off was 575 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, srpilo said:

FYI we did the "Midnight Sun" to Norway on the Sky in Aug 2022 and the ship sailed with only 2400 passengers , and the MTL cut off was 575 

We are on the Sky for that same cruise in June - so excited! It feels like the ship is going to be pretty full. People are wanting to get to the fjords before the large ship restrictions go into effect. 

• Like 1

Just now, karatemom2 said:

We are on the Sky for that same cruise in June - so excited! It feels like the ship is going to be pretty full. People are wanting to get to the fjords before the large ship restrictions go into effect. 

The Sky was the 2nd time for us to the north cape, the first was on the Crown in 2010,, The fjords and Norway in general are absolutely beautiful, and we would do it again in a heart beat !! 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, chrysalis said:

In November on the sapphire to the south pacific, the cut off was 840 days.

Presently on the enchanted and have been told the cut off on each recent cruises has been about 875 days.

Wow, the number it really getting up there. 😲

21 hours ago, billco said:

We've had a shared table at embarkation day lunch with these full of themselves types. Time and money to book a cruise, such an accomplishment. HAha 

• Like 1

On 2/26/2024 at 6:22 PM, Astro Flyer said:

We got invited on B2B roundtrip Vancouver cruises but each time to Alaska & on CA Coastal cruises it has a cocktail party for us. Years ago when I had 160 days I was the #6 MTP…that’ll never happen again. 😂 Our only lunch was on a Hawaii cruise with about 350 days & we barely made the cutoff. We’ll hit 500 days on our next cruise although the more we cruise the further away we get from another MTP invitation…but it’s fun trying by sailing more often. 😉

Since the start up after Covid, we have been on quite a few cruises and all of the MTP affairs were lunches and not cocktail parties.  With 500 days, I would say that you will make the cut one of these days.  Keep cruising!!!  Looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CruzinNoony said:

Since the start up after Covid, we have been on quite a few cruises and all of the MTP affairs were lunches and not cocktail parties.  With 500 days, I would say that you will make the cut one of these days.  Keep cruising!!!  Looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks.

We’ll see you in only 5 weeks after immediately booking 20 months in advance. This will be our first Princess cruise since Discovery’s inaugural cruises in Spring 2022. We’ve been spreading our sails trying new cruise lines…Celebrity & Oceania.

Next Spring we have 50 days booked on Princess around Oz & back to LA. 😃

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CruzinNoony said:

And those lunches are fabulous!  And the bonus of meeting people such as yourselves!  

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

And those lunches are fabulous!  And the bonus of meeting people such as yourselves!  

In addition, we have made long-term friendships with many Senior Staff members that were our table mates at the luncheon.  We have actually hosted several at our home.

Edited by LACruiser88
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

In addition, we have made long-term friendships with many Senior Staff members that were our table mates at the luncheon.  We have actually hosted several at our home.

For sure!  And we have visited with several in their countries, and enjoyed staying with them occasionally.

• Like 3