Celebrity is not more expensive

zitsky

18 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

'm guess Red Sea has been pulled.

Good guess!  I'd be cautious anywhere in that vicinity and somewhat beyond.  I've friends who sailed Emerald and loved it....a European river cruise which I've never done.  A rather long bucket list left to life after retirement.......time might be of the essence.....LOL?

1 hour ago, Oceangoer2 said:

I've looked at Emerald but I thought they were small ship European river cruises?  Do they sail in the Caribbean or have larger ships?

They’re owned by Scenic Cruises.  They have multiple routes. 

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Stem to Stern said:

Speaking of liberating, isn't your MSC Yacht Club cruise coming up? 

Curious to read what you think about it.

Yeah, less than 2 weeks to sail date. I'm looking forward to it. I'll be sure to share my thoughts here.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, Dolebludger said:

True that! And you don’t have to wait in line with a crowd to get into the theater on Regent. 

Our experience on Regent was that the entertainment was so uninspiring that crowds wouldn’t be a problem.

We’ve never had to wait in line on Celebrity, might be because we sit towards the back in order to leave our options open.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

When we booked a 2/2026 Regent Grandeur 14 day/ 8 ports Southern Caribbean (including the ABCs) last week, we got a 2 category free upgrade to Penthouse suite; (561-626 SQ FT). Without air or the pre-cruise hotel, it came to $782 pp/pn.

Included are:

FREE Unlimited Shore Excursions

FREE Unlimited Premium Beverages, Including Fine Wines and Spirits

FREE Open Bars and Lounges Plus In-Suite Mini-Bar Replenished Daily

FREE Pre-Paid Gratuities

FREE three Specialty Restaurants

FREE 24-Hour Room Service

FREE Unlimited Wi-Fi

FREE Daily Valet Laundry Service

PENTHOUSE SUITES AND HIGHER INCLUDE: FREE Personal Butler and more

On Celebrity Ascent, also in 2/2026, an 11 night/6 port Southern Caribbean (without the ABCs) in a Celebrity Suite; (501 SQ FT) is $836 pp/pn. It includes the Luminae specialty restaurant only, premium liquor, butler, gratuity and wi-fi.

Since the Regent Penthouse Suite falls between the Celebrity Suit and Royal Suite, (which is 759 SQ FT), I didn’t price the latter because the Celebrity Suite is already more expensive.

IMO, Regent has had the best food I’ve eaten at sea with a wide variety of everyday options of upscale seafood and USDA Prime steak not available on Celebrity without an up charge. Our last three cruises were on Regent totaling 43 nights.  We have three booked on Azamara and one on Regent. 

Celebrity used to be our go to until about three years ago just after we hit elite+ and they shortened many cruises. We like 14 to 18 day sailings.  However too many cuts finally chased us to find other value.

Unlike the title of this thread, in my case, Celebrity is more expensive than Regent.

Edited by ChucktownSteve
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)

So, what is your definition of “active,” as in 60-70 and active?  Are these people who can walk without assistance, or use the gym, or other cardio/weight experiences?  Just curious how people define active in their minds.  Which ships/itineraries have more active clientele?  Would you count Celebrity to be more active than Oceania?  Is the active factor important, or just something one deals with on a cruise?

Edited by Lastdance

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

What you listed is not free but included in the price 

Yeah I know but that's a copy and paste so it is how they market it.  That's why the word free was in caps.  Marketing. lol  I wasn't going to retype the list.

One thing that makes a difference to me is ship size.  Ascent has 3,260 pax while I prefer the smaller ships which have advantages.  Regent's largest ships are 750 pax with a higher crew/pax ratio.  They also tend to include some ports the larger ships don't include. Being more port intensive means I'm usually not as energetic at night.  Later port times also makes a difference.

Edited by ChucktownSteve
  • Like 1

Yes, I doubt anybody chooses Regent and the like over Celebrity for the entertainment. Smaller ship entertainment is smaller in scale. But some of us don’t care much about the theater entertainment, regardless of the scale. I can’t comment on Celebrity’s entertainment because on our two X cruises we never went. But I read that it includes some larger scale production numbers and is great overall. I think entertainment is great on Regent, on a small scale. Of more importance to us, Regent includes use of the fridge for soda and beer, bottle of liquor and bottle of wine for the suite (all replenished as needed), easy embarkation and disembarkation and same at ports, unlimited laundry for all guests, shore excursions, no room service fees, and never a crowd or line. And on some itineraries, Regent is cheaper. (Never thought I’d use the word “cheaper” in the same sentence with “Regent”!). But to get all this, one does give up production shows. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Oceangoer2 said:

I've looked at Emerald but I thought they were small ship European river cruises?  Do they sail in the Caribbean or have larger ships?

Yes.  I think it's new to Caribbean.  Only has 2 yachts.  Our trip will visit Anegada, Anguilla, St Bart, Saba, Virgin Gorda, Norman Islands, Jost Van dyke.  Leaves from Saint Martin.  It doesn't dock.  They anchor offshore.  It's perfect for us as we just like active stuff, don't gamble, don't go to shows.  They take you on the rubber boats to shore.

1 hour ago, Lastdance said:

So, what is your definition of “active,” as in 60-70 and active?  Are these people who can walk without assistance, or use the gym, or other cardio/weight experiences?  Just curious how people define active in their minds.  Which ships/itineraries have more active clientele?  Would you count Celebrity to be more active than Oceania?  Is the active factor important, or just something one deals with on a cruise?

Active is your definition in my mind.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ChucktownSteve said:

When we booked a 2/2026 Regent Grandeur 14 day/ 8 ports Southern Caribbean (including the ABCs) last week, we got a 2 category free upgrade to Penthouse suite; (561-626 SQ FT). Without air or the pre-cruise hotel, it came to $782 pp/pn.

Included are:

FREE Pre-Paid Gratuities

FREE Unlimited Wi-Fi

On Celebrity Ascent, also in 2/2026, an 11 night/6 port Southern Caribbean (without the ABCs) in a Celebrity Suite; (501 SQ FT) is $836 pp/pn. It includes the Luminae specialty restaurant only, premium liquor, butler, gratuity and wi-fi.

Since the Regent Penthouse Suite falls between the Celebrity Suit and Royal Suite, (which is 759 SQ FT), I didn’t price the latter because the Celebrity Suite is already more expensive.

IMO, Regent has had the best food I’ve eaten at sea with a wide variety of everyday options of upscale seafood and USDA Prime steak not available on Celebrity without an up charge. Our last three cruises were on Regent totaling 43 nights.  We have three booked on Azamara and one on Regent. 

Celebrity used to be our go to until about three years ago just after we hit elite+ and they shortened many cruises. We like 14 to 18 day sailings.  However too many cuts finally chased us to find other value.

Unlike the title of this thread, in my case, Celebrity is more expensive than Regent.

This is a great summary, appreciate the detail information!  Our next cruise (March 2025) Will make us Elite+ on Celebrity as well.  We just booked:

Eclipse - Royal Suite

12 nights - Transatlantic

Total cost - $13,300 (2 pax)

$554/pp/pn

includes:

unlimited specialty dining

room service

butler

premium WiFi

premium beverage package (neither of us drinks alcohol)

twice laundry

gratuities

not included:

excursions (on a TA that's irrelavent)

mini-bar (I don't think)

Although we are very pleased with the Celebrity product, at this point we will only do TA's with Celebrity, their Carib. island cruises are way to limited and same old, same old and frankly undesirable to us locations.

My travel advisor has been telling us to expand our cruise line option horizons.  Frankly we could not believe the price we got for this cruise, a very similiar itin. on Apex was TWICE the cost and it was for 13 nights. While we no longer have a desire to go to the Carib. Regent certainly seems worth looking into.  Thanks for posting this!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Celebrity is no more active than Regent — unless you count walking over the halls in a large ship. At age 80, I define myself as “active” because I can walk, drive, swim, dress and feed myself, and am not dead! I no longer go to the gym, lift weights, or take excursion cruises. I don’t book  excursions that require over “moderate” physical effort. But I’m a bit over the average age on Regent or Oceania (which is in the 60s), so I take it a bit easy. But not all guests do. In younger years, I’ve taken some vigorous excursions on Regent.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Liao said:

This is a great summary, appreciate the detail information!  Our next cruise (March 2025) Will make us Elite+ on Celebrity as well.  We just booked:

Eclipse - Royal Suite

$554/pp/pn

includes:

room service

butler

premium WiFi

twice laundry

gratuities

not included:

mini-bar (I don't think)

Although we are very pleased with the Celebrity product, at this point we will only do TA's with Celebrity, their Carib. island cruises are way to limited and same old, same old and frankly undesirable to us locations.

My travel advisor has been telling us to expand our cruise line option horizons.  Frankly we could not believe the price we got for this cruise, a very similiar itin. on Apex was TWICE the cost and it was for 13 nights. While we no longer have a desire to go to the Carib. Regent certainly seems worth looking into.  Thanks for posting this!

If you are happy with your RS(price looks wonderful)that’s what matters.  March is a little early for  TA’s, but who cares if you are staying in your suite.  Yes, Apex is much more expensive, as we are booked in the fall(b2b)for a SS.  Previously, I have been on Apex and for 2025,  it had two good itineraries. Your airfare price should also be cheaper.  In the spring of 2025, we have a TA on Oceania in a suite for 9,000 on Vista due to it being a new ship and great itinerary for us to also spend time in southern Portugal.  Like you, we have no reason to return to the Caribbean, even on Beyond or Ascent; we love new ships.

Edited by Lastdance

7 minutes ago, Liao said:

Eclipse - Royal Suite

$554/pp/pn

includes:

room service

butler

premium WiFi

twice laundry

gratuities

not included:

mini-bar (I don't think)

You got a great price on Eclipse. Bookings must have been weak on that sailing.

I've always found the best time to book Regent is when the itineraries are first released and when they do a two category free upgrade. During the pandemic while Celebrity was raising prices dramatically to eat up all those FFC which weren't as prevalent on Regent, Regent was MUCH less pp/pd and an incredible deal. That's why I booked three sailings then.

Unlike dynamic pricing, it appears Regent raises the price at the beginning of each month.  Watch for it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

If you are happy with your RS(price looks wonderful)that’s what matters.  March is a little early for  TA’s, but who cares if you are staying in your suite.  Yes, Apex is much more expensive, as we are booked in the fall(b2b)for a SS.  I have been on Apex before and it had two itineraries we wanted.  Your airfare price should also be cheaper.  In the spring of 2025, we have a TA on Oceania in a suite for 9,000 on Vista due to it being a new ship and great itinerary for us to also spend time in southern Portugal.

Yes, March 22 and the Apex is even earlier in the month, I thought that unusual.  We've only ever done TA's in the fall coming from Europe.  TBH the Apex itin. is nicer but we really do TA's for the ship, and for twice the cost, no thx!

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Liao said:

Yes, March 22 and the Apex is even earlier in the month, I thought that unusual.  We've only ever done TA's in the fall coming from Europe.  TBH the Apex itin. is nicer but we really do TA's for the ship, and for twice the cost, no thx!

We enjoy the fall, especially doing the last cruise before it sails west across the pond. I have done both spring and fall, but love gaining the hours.  We have family and friends by Port Canaveral, so spending time in Florida.  Had to cancel two cruises for this year, but hopefully not again for a long time, as my DH is going to stop skiing!😍

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, ChucktownSteve said:

You got a great price on Eclipse. Bookings must have been weak on that sailing.

I've always found the best time to book Regent is when the itineraries are first released and when they do a two category free upgrade. During the pandemic while Celebrity was raising prices dramatically to eat up all those FFC which weren't as prevalent on Regent, Regent was MUCH less pp/pd and an incredible deal. That's why I booked three sailings then.

Unlike dynamic pricing, it appears Regent raises the price at the beginning of each month.  Watch for it.

Indeed.  We were very close to booking the Apex TA Aft Sunset, $11,600, until my TA called and told us about the Eclipse RS cost.  As she said, it's an older ship and has not been refurbished but that won't bother us at all.

4 hours ago, RichYak said:

Yeah, less than 2 weeks to sail date. I'm looking forward to it. I'll be sure to share my thoughts here.

Look forward to hear your comparison.  

• Like 1

Just now, Liao said:

Indeed.  We were very close to booking the Apex TA Aft Sunset, $11,600, until my TA called and told us about the Eclipse RS cost.  As she said, it's an older ship and has not been refurbished but that won't bother us at all.

We each enjoy a cruise in a different way.   I would take RS on Eclipse any day over a Sunset on Apex.   

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ChucktownSteve said:

Included are:

FREE Pre-Paid Gratuities

FREE Unlimited Wi-Fi

Is the bedroom separated from the main area in a Regent Penthouse suite like it is with a Celebrity Suite and above?

2 hours ago, Dolebludger said:

Celebrity is no more active than Regent — unless you count walking over the halls in a large ship. At age 80, I define myself as “active” because I can walk, drive, swim, dress and feed myself, and am not dead! I no longer go to the gym, lift weights, or take excursion cruises. I don’t book  excursions that require over “moderate” physical effort. But I’m a bit over the average age on Regent or Oceania (which is in the 60s), so I take it a bit easy. But not all guests do. In younger years, I’ve taken some vigorous excursions on Regent.  

What’s your definition of a vigorous excursion?

Well, I don’t have one. I’m sorry. Perhaps it is walking up a 30 degree slope for 1/2 mile on gravel? I really don’t know. I live in the Colorado Rocky Mountains, so I sort of know what I can do, and what I can’t. I just can’t describe it. Sorry. But, whatever your physical abilities, I think you can find excursions on any cruise line to suit you. But I don’’t think shore excursions are the issue here. Rather, I think it is about late night activities. If that is important, I would not recommend Regent to you. There essentially aren’t any. And that is all I know. And yes, we didn’t  find much in the way if late night activities on our two X Retreat cruises either.

• Like 1