Sun Princess Staterooms & Categories

3 hours ago, nasa1974 said:

I wish this were true.

The beds alternate because of the cabin set up. The special note in the description indicates where the sofa or the bed is located. In the deck diagram the indentation in the wall shows location of the bed. Hope this helps folks wanting the bed in a certain location in their room.

image.thumb.jpeg.e24cfbe36aafbf18eb401c13f25de3a3.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.58323497bc244378f18c438fdb2092e9.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.568e1b233067cec42ea71b1173529552.jpeg

Cant wait to see actual videos, but I still contend that in a mini suite the bed will either be by the bath or the closet/desk will. The sofa will be by the balcony.  You can tell which one is which by looking at these deck plans. Cabin 12635 will be the closet/desk followed by the bed and then the sofa.  Cabin 12639 will be the bed by the bath, followed by the desk/closet and then the sofa. Cabin 12641 (balcony cabin) will have the sofa by the bath and 12643 will have the bed by the bath.  I know what the Princess site says, but perhaps they copied and pasted incorrectly.  Mini suites have an additional section that balcony and cabana minis don't.  It is the closet with the desk area across from it.      

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, dides said:

Just came across this video short walkthrough of an accessible mini-suite

That’s a huge cabin.  Are all minis on the Sun this big or is it extra-sized for accessibility?

Edited by Ellipooh

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Ellipooh said:

That’s a huge cabin.  Are all minis on the Sun this big or is it extra-sized for accessibility?

bigger for accessibility 

standard mini suite:

1000009295.jpg?w=2000&h=

1000009296.jpg?w=2000&h=

1000009294.jpg?w=2000&h=

Edited by dides
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, dides said:

bigger for accessibility 

standard mini suite:

1000009295.jpg?w=2000&h=

1000009296.jpg?w=2000&h=

1000009294.jpg?w=2000&h=

I don't think that's a typical standard mini-suite? The pictures and videos I've seen so far show that the closet/desk area is between the bed and the sofa, allowing a little more separation between the two areas. 

25 minutes ago, NEGeekymama said:

I don't think that's a typical standard mini-suite? The pictures and videos I've seen so far show that the closet/desk area is between the bed and the sofa, allowing a little more separation between the two areas. 

The bed and closet/desk area alternate. Either bed by the bath or closet/desk by the bath.  The bed has to alternate because of the interlocking cabin design.  

• Like 2

Just now, RoperDK said:

The bed and closet/desk area alternate. Either bed by the bath or closet/desk by the bath.  The bed has to alternate because of the interlocking cabin design.  

Okay, that makes sense. The one we have booked for February 2025 has the bed closest to the door, so the closet/desk area will be in between the bed and sofa.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dides said:

Just came across this video short walkthrough of an accessible mini-suite

7 hours ago, Ellipooh said:

The video shows a Reserve Collection Mini-Suite and it is wheelchair accessible. That's why it looks so large and there is a curtain for the shower stall.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, dides said:

bigger for accessibility 

standard mini suite:

1000009295.jpg?w=2000&h=

1000009296.jpg?w=2000&h=

1000009294.jpg?w=2000&h=

Thanks for the pictures. I just wish the person gave a cabin number.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Shone216 said:

Anyone staying in a Reserve Cabana mini suite on deck 9…would value their opinion

@dides can correct me but I thought there were some pictures on the Sun Princess thread, past page 100, could be by a few pages. Now I'm going to have to look. 😬

Edited by nasa1974

I think you’re correct there might’ve been some pics, would be good to get some feedback as to how guests are finding the suites and cabana deck area

4 hours ago, Shone216 said:

I think you’re correct there might’ve been some pics, would be good to get some feedback as to how guests are finding the suites and cabana deck area

There will be a whole new group of passengers on the ship tomorrow.  I suspect lots more vloggers and influencers on this next cruise, so hopefully lots more information.  Hopefully some of the production shows will be running, too.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, CatMom72 said:

There will be a whole new group of passengers on the ship tomorrow.  I suspect lots more vloggers and influencers on this next cruise, so hopefully lots more information.  Hopefully some of the production shows will be running, too.

There is a Live posted.

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 3/6/2024 at 6:25 AM, Jadn13 said:

Interior

(notice the bench, which in the diagrams was a small loveseat) 

**Not my video so I don’t know the cabin #

Wow, that looks small! Heaven forbid you have the bunk-bulk heads!

I always loved the Princess closets, very sad they are now just like everyone else.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

Does the mini-suite in the photos look narrower than the current mini's on the other Princess ships or is it just the orientation of the photos???

The mini suites on the Sun are narrower than on other Princess ships.  All of the balcony cabins are, too.  The interlocking design causes that along with fitting more cabins in the space available on a deck.    

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Oh this is interesting... a post that they are locking the Cove Balconies up with those metal door covers tonight. I know there's heavy rain expected when they dock in Barcelona tomorrow.. Credit: Sarah G

No photo description available.

May be an image of 1 person

Edited by dides
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, dides said:

Oh this is interesting... a post that they are locking the Cove Balconies up with those metal door covers tonight. I know there's heavy rain expected when they dock in Barcelona tomorrow..

That is interesting indeed!  We are booked in a Cove Balcony in September, and that aspect of the new room design hadn't even crossed our minds!  It will be interesting to see if/when that becomes necessary on a Transatlantic.  Thanks for the info!

1 hour ago, kamelia said:

That is interesting indeed!  We are booked in a Cove Balcony in September, and that aspect of the new room design hadn't even crossed our minds!  It will be interesting to see if/when that becomes necessary on a Transatlantic.  Thanks for the info!

Never thought of that either, especially since QM2 has cove balconies and I don’t think they’ve ever been covered with a metal door. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dides said:

Oh this is interesting... a post that they are locking the Cove Balconies up with those metal door covers tonight. I know there's heavy rain expected when they dock in Barcelona tomorrow.. Credit: Sarah G

No photo description available.

May be an image of 1 person

Turns out they need to cover the deck 6 Cove Balconies as part of their refuelling protocols for Barcelona. See letter - credit Marta T

FB_IMG_1709960112394.thumb.jpg.a4c6a8f413af26ca1da894ea198eed38.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, dides said:

Turns out they need to cover the deck 6 Cove Balconies as part of their refuelling protocols for Barcelona. See letter - credit Marta T

FB_IMG_1709960112394.thumb.jpg.a4c6a8f413af26ca1da894ea198eed38.jpg

Pretty strict rules.  I wonder if any other ports will have these restrictions because of LNG refueling?

Thank you for posting this.