Samba Grill on Radiance ...

42 minutes ago, CounselorCruiser said:

Now that the Radiance is out of drydock, can anyone presently onboard confirm that the Samba Grill is still a Specialty dining option?

Thanks!

i think it went to deck 12 and took the space that was Seaview cafe. 

Samba has been on Radiance occupying the space on Deck 12 for more than a dozen years.

The OP’s question is whether Samba is still onboard Radiance now that it has left drydock.  Does anyone have the answer?

• Like 3

We heard last year when we ate there that it most likely would be going away during her next major refurbishment.

DON'T know if this is the one that covered that.

1 hour ago, GJustice said:

We heard last year when we ate there that it most likely would be going away during her next major refurbishment.

DON'T know if this is the one that covered that.

We were told the same. We really enjoyed it, but empty the nights we were there. 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, pstone1 said:

Samba has been on Radiance occupying the space on Deck 12 for more than a dozen years.

The OP’s question is whether Samba is still onboard Radiance now that it has left drydock.  Does anyone have the answer?

I am aware of that as it is only one of two ships that have it, Allure being the other. (BTW was not particularly thrilled with it in our experience, and won't miss it if it is gone - but that isn't the point)  I (guess mistakenly) interpreted the OP's question to ask if it was still a specialty restaurant v complimentary.  Sorry for the apparently irrelevant answer.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

On Radiance now..Samba is still alive and kicking.

20240328_170339.thumb.jpg.fd59ddb5dac8acd8b0ef736e573cee88.jpg

20240328_170255.thumb.jpg.61b864c96d7741f65b6a9601a0c6a63d.jpg

Thanks you for replying!  We have the UDP on a few Radiance cruises later this year and hope to visit Samba for several dinners!

Enjoy your cruise!  Hope the Radiance was refreshed!

3 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

Can you tell any major difference after drydock? Does she ship look any better? Cabins? Public spaces?

We ate there on our early February 2024 cruise on Radiance.  We walked in for our 7:45 reservation and were one of only 3 couples in the restaurant.  We were the last to leave around  9:00.  Food was really good, but too much.  Only ate about half of what was served.  Would do it again.

1 hour ago, kruzerci said:

Can you tell any major difference after drydock? Does she ship look any better? Cabins? Public spaces?

I think all the drydock work was the usual check under the hood maintenance.  Nothing seems like it was new or updated. The internet has worked insanely well for me, though.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Scurvy Pirate said:

We ate there on our early February 2024 cruise on Radiance.  We walked in for our 7:45 reservation and were one of only 3 couples in the restaurant.  We were the last to leave around  9:00.  Food was really good, but too much.  Only ate about half of what was served.  Would do it again.

This has been my experience too. We had UDP on a longer cruise, otherwise I wouldn't have gone. The service was excellent but it was almost empty. I like the quiet, romantic lighting atmosphere, very relaxing. I liked everything I ate but it was just too much food. When we went back a second time, they were very friendly and remembered our preferences. I'm glad it's still there even if it's not my thing food wise. It's perfect for big meat eaters. I would go again if I had UDP but wouldn't book it independent of that.

7 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

If Grace is still at Giovanni's, ask her why she lied to me about Izumi moving up to replace Samba Grill when I was on just before this dry dock. 🤣🤷‍♂️

Glad it's still there... nice to have different options on different ships.  But I agree with others... I enjoyed it when we were on Allure but it was WAY too much.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RogerDodger247 said:

If Grace is still at Giovanni's, ask her why she lied to me about Izumi moving up to replace Samba Grill when I was on just before this dry dock. 🤣🤷‍♂️

Glad it's still there... nice to have different options on different ships.  But I agree with others... I enjoyed it when we were on Allure but it was WAY too much.

I don't pay extra for dining unless I'm sailing with my mother spending my inheritance so doubtful I will step foot in Gios 😂

12 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Samba is still available for me to Book my next 2 Radiance Cruise starting next week April 4-22, though knowing Royal it could be gone. 

I’ll be on there with you for both cruises! I plan on visiting Samba on the 4th 😁

• Like 2

Miss the Seaview to this day. A nice dining option at no extra cost. Fish and chips were always fresh and good. Guess it’s days were numbered once the emphasis was placed on charging extra for anything beyond the basics.

• Like 1

Thanks for confirming Samba Grill is still there.  Looking forward to going in April.

Haven't been to one since Allure... way back in 2012 🙂

6 hours ago, LAKaye said:

Thank you so much for the first hand information!

From all the complaints on our Facebook group you would think this ship is falling apart.  Folks were under the impression that a drydock would be a complete overhaul and refresh.

She's an old lady..she has her blemishes. You can still have a good time. They're working on all the various issues that people are having the best that they can.

• Like 4

On 3/29/2024 at 3:18 AM, AshleyDillo said:

Thanks so much for letting us know. Hopefully RCCL will let us start making reservations for those of us that have purchased the 5-night Dining Package online or on the app soon!