The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday March 30th, 2024

kazu

I'd probably like the chicken, and green beans go well with chicken. No, no, no, no, no on the drink. For the wine, Damiani Bollicine. Actual dinner tonight is Cabernet Franc, a grilled cheese sandwich, and fruit.

Yesterday I fell as I was getting up from my desk, landing hard on my rump. It was very painful during the night and I got up at 2:00 a.m. for pain medication. It hurt so much then that I thought was starting to faint -- I'm prone to syncope, or as an ER doctor put it, Fainting Goat Syndrome -- and had to sit down in the nearest chair for half an hour before continuing back to bed. It's less bad today.

I went to the synagogue this morning; several lay women were leading the service and did very well. It was my first time attending in person since December 30. I didn't cough much.

NYPLlambs.thumb.jpg.5b1c840d0a4629307674cc1819c30d6f.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

Good rainy evening. It’s still supposed to be nice tomorrow, with a high around 60.

Easter blessings to all celebrating tomorrow. May Peter Cottontail be generous with the chocolate.

Growing up I remember when the pet store sold colored chicks and baby ducks. I had a duckling one year , it went to a home in the country that was owned by family friends.

Blessings and prayers to all on our journey.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Can't believe how late I am getting back today.  Thank you Rich, Jacqui, Vanessa, Debbie, Ann, and Dixie.  A salute to Doctors, energy saving (I thought we had it recently but a repeat is worthy) but I have no laundry to fold.  Hopefully tomorrow.

I find the Wilde quote bordering on the offensive.

A great day for the US, sad for France but also wonderful for Brazil.  I thought I had been to Salvador da Bahia but was mistaken.

I've been to Rio several times, Maasdam in 2015, Crystal Serenity in 2017, and Prinsendam in 2019. 

The meal sounds nice.  My alternative is Chilled Apricot Soup with Snow Egg, Blackened Chicken Caesar Salad, and Mango Blueberry Crisp as served on MS Zaandam March 30, 2017:

dishes30.jpg

A lot on my table today, church men's breakfast, extra time at firehouse, and a sailaway so I am very late.

Roy

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

I have a sunset today rather than a sunrise.  It's from my 2018 Crystal World Cruise.  On March 30 Crystal Symphony visited Easter Island.

dusk0330.jpg

Roy

• Like 14
  • Thanks 5

The to-do list is considerably shorter now.  However, not everything that I wanted to put in the motorhome today has made it there.  Our rain came early, but during a brief time between rain spells, I got a few more things in the motorhome and put away.  A few other things are in there, but not put away since it started raining again, and the high wind blew it into the door I had left open.  Still tomorrow shouldn't be too bad, especially since we got the hardest chores accomplished.

1 hour ago, kochleffel said:

I'd probably like the chicken, and green beans go well with chicken. No, no, no, no, no on the drink. For the wine, Damiani Bollicine. Actual dinner tonight is Cabernet Franc, a grilled cheese sandwich, and fruit.

Yesterday I fell as I was getting up from my desk, landing hard on my rump. It was very painful during the night and I got up at 2:00 a.m. for pain medication. It hurt so much then that I thought was starting to faint -- I'm prone to syncope, or as an ER doctor put it, Fainting Goat Syndrome -- and had to sit down in the nearest chair for half an hour before continuing back to bed. It's less bad today.

I went to the synagogue this morning; several lay women were leading the service and did very well. It was my first time attending in person since December 30. I didn't cough much.

Paul, I'm sorry you fell.  I hope you are less sore tomorrow.

23 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Sunrise at Angkor Wat was spectacular.

image.thumb.jpeg.1156db6ce6b8d5fba493f1429050c047.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.fc673c0dfa0389c8469e1bfeb53c93b1.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.038083de0a61d7a8f94c912a8acafae9.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.8a20adf43ce81c1323527692a7c0eaeb.jpeg

Bruce, all I can say is Wow, just wow.  What a outstanding sunrise.

Lenda

• Like 12

1 hour ago, kochleffel said:

Oh gosh Paul! I hope you feel better in the morning. With your busy schedule, you don't need a fall to hinder you!

• Like 9

Thanks for posting the HAL Fleet locations and the daily.

Happy Birthday  to @cruzn single and @Suslor  Congratulations on your Anniversary @USN59-79 and Bon Voyage @ocean sounds.

Some dailyites have sailed with Khay, she is the Cellar Master on Noordam, had several chats with her.  We first met her 10 years ago on Volendam when she was our wine waiter.

@Sharon in AZ  Kim Crawford SB was available on Noordam, purchased some bottles,........ in the Lido, can buy it by the glass  $11.00.

• Like 9

Posted (edited)

@kochleffel I am so sorry you fell last night, as we get older we have less rumpbess to protect us.  If still in pain on Monday, I recommend seeing a doc.  I ended up having surgery because of a rumpbess fall (it was down a flight of carpeted stairs, and I couldnt stop) I did wipe out my boyfriend at the time....he was in front of me.  Ladies first.

@aliaschiefabsolutely fantastic sunrise.  Beautiful.  

Well turns out I'm off until May.  At least with the theatre in CA.I'm still waiting on notice of mid April fundraising ( which I am terrible at) in NYC.  

I had a brief conversation with the husband of our traveling friends.  HIs wife, is getting worse with her Alzheimer's, and has been having "bathroom" problems.  In other words forgetting to get to where she needs to go. Temper tantrums when what she wants to eat is not available (burgers or lobster) and I'm thinking it might be time to place her somewhere for Alzheimer's patients.  He thinks I am being too severe.  I asked him what the doctors have said about the bathroom situation, and he has not told them.  He says he thinks he is living in denial.  He knows however that he cant take her to Europe anymore, he's not even sure that they will be able to make it to Florida with us in October.  DH lost both his father and his sister to this disease, but it takes more of a toll on the caretakers than it does on the patient I am afraid.

Have a great evening everyone, and hug the ones you love.  

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

I had a brief conversation with the husband of our traveling friends.  HIs wife, is getting worse with her Alzheimer's, and has been having "bathroom" problems.  In other words forgetting to get to where she needs to go. Temper tantrums when what she wants to eat is not available (burgers or lobster) and I'm thinking it might be time to place her somewhere for Alzheimer's patients.  He thinks I am being too severe.  I asked him what the doctors have said about the bathroom situation, and he has not told them.  He says he thinks he is living in denial.  He knows however that he cant take her to Europe anymore, he's not even sure that they will be able to make it to Florida with us in October.  DH lost both his father and his sister to this disease, but it takes more of a toll on the caretakers than it does on the patient I am afraid.

Have a great evening everyone, and hug loves you love.  

This is always so tragic. I'm sure it was more helpful than you realize for him to have someone willing to listen to him and the details. It sounds as if the point is coming when he will have no choice, but that may also be unbearable. So sorry.

• Like 11

28 minutes ago, erewhon said:

Thanks for posting the HAL Fleet locations and the daily.

Happy Birthday  to @cruzn single and @Suslor  Congratulations on your Anniversary @USN59-79 and Bon Voyage @ocean sounds.

Some dailyites have sailed with Khay, she is the Cellar Master on Noordam, had several chats with her.  We first met her 10 years ago on Volendam when she was our wine waiter.

@Sharon in AZ  Kim Crawford SB was available on Noordam, purchased some bottles,........ in the Lido, can buy it by the glass  $11.00.

Oh my goodness, if only Kim Crawford was available on US departures. In February on the Koningsdam it was 13 Celsius, not as good but okay. I bought Picton Bay today at TJ’s to take to my DM’s tomorrow for Easter lunch, $7.99. 

11 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

@kochleffel I am so sorry you fell last night, as we get older we have less rumpbess to protect us.  If still in pain on Monday, I recommend seeing a doc.  I ended up having surgery because of a rumpbess fall (it was down a flight of carpeted stairs, and I couldnt stop) I did wipe out my boyfriend at the time....he was in front of me.  Ladies first.

Well turns out I'm off until May.  At least with the theatre in CA.I'm still waiting on notice of mid April fundraising ( which I am terrible at) in NYC.  

Have a great evening everyone, and hug loves you love.  

Annie, your friends situation sounds difficult and it does seem like he is in denial. 

2 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Sunrise at Angkor Wat was spectacular.

image.thumb.jpeg.1156db6ce6b8d5fba493f1429050c047.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.fc673c0dfa0389c8469e1bfeb53c93b1.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.038083de0a61d7a8f94c912a8acafae9.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.8a20adf43ce81c1323527692a7c0eaeb.jpeg

Beautiful Bruce!

3 hours ago, kochleffel said:

Ouch on your fall. My DH has a similar problem but with needles. He actually fainted when he had blood work done for our marriage license back in 1974. I hope you feel better tomorrow. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, kochleffel said:

Yikes Paul 😞 that sounds incredibly painful - I hope you didn’t damage anything 🤞. Hope it has improved even more today and you recover quickly 🤞 

10 hours ago, marshhawk said:

That is so sad, Annie - heartbreaking for her husband 💔 I am afraid you statement on the toll it takes on caretakers is ever so true. 😢. I hope her husband can get some assistance and realize when it is time to place her with professionals.  My prayers for them both 🙏 

@aliaschief absolutely fabulous pictures, Bruce.  👍 Thank you for sharing them.

• Like 9

12 hours ago, marshhawk said:

Have a great evening everyone, and hug the ones you love.  

Annie, I'm very sorry about your traveling friends.  Alzheimer's is so sad for everyone in the family.  We've had family members and friends with Alzheimer's and yes, it is harder on the caretakers and family than the patient.  I hope your friend gets the help for his wife that they both need.

Lenda

• Like 4