The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday April 27th, 2024

9 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Aw thanks @DeeniEncinitas @Quartzsite Cruiser and @marshhawk  you made me giggle! 

Went to another spot and found this baby eaglet. So much fun, to see the babies! 

image.jpeg

🌺Outstanding! I  have been seeing your photos for a long time! I must say you could have your own National Geographic channel with your work!

Put a book together. 
🌺Mahalo

Denise🙂

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

@luvteaching  Karen, the cookie dough is chilling until tomorrow.  I've never had a cookie dough that was so easy mix.

35 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good afternoon,

i too had trouble accessing Cruise Critic both on Safari and on Edge.  So I gave up.  I was surprised when I came back a little while ago and was able to get back on. 

Thank you to Sandi, Roy, Vanessa, Ann, Dixie and Tina for your contributions to the Daily and Fleet Report.

I like the Days and the quote by Helen Keller.

I have not been to the port,.

I am glad to report that all is calm here.  Trying to make some decisions for the future.  

Today Jim received news that a childhood friend passed away. He had Alzheimer’s.  The wake and funeral is in Virginia (DC area) and he doesn’t feel up to making the trip, So the best we can do is send flowers and a card to his sons.  His wife passed in 2017.  

Prayers for all on the Cares List and cheers to all celebrating and cruising.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

God Bless,

Terri

Terri, our condolences to Jim and you on the passing of his childhood friend.  Also, our condolences to the sons and his friends.

Lenda

• Like 13

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

🌺Outstanding! I  have been seeing your photos for a long time! I must say you could have your own National Geographic channel with your work!

Put a book together. 
🌺Mahalo

Denise🙂

Aw thanks!  And to @JazzyV  as well,  CC not cooperating again!

Most are by DH so credit to him.   I am planning to do a little photo book but he got a new better camera, lol! 

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  Happy Kings Day to all who choose to celebrate it.  I hadn't heard of either type of Devil Dogs, so thanks for the explanation - the sweet treat sounds like a version of twinkies, but chocolate.  Love all your pampered little dogs - they're all so precious!  We tried to teach our son to save, but it didn't take.  Thank the Lord he married a woman who is good with money and they now have an honest to goodness savings account.

Late to the party today - seriously late, but for good reason. This morning we picked up our friend Ollie and were first in line when our favourite greenhouse opened.  We bought our papyrus plants as well as a beautiful mixed basket that will sit on the table at the front entrance to the house.  After that we went to a cute little diner not far from the greenhouse for breakfast where the food is plentiful and the entertainment is watching the locals coming and going outside.  We were home for a half hour when DH's daughter called to say they had a new addition to the family - Kevin - an 8 week old orange tabby that we just had to see.  It turned out we needed to get a firestick plant over to her anyway, so we went to see the little guy; oh my gosh, is he ever tiny!

We came home and about an hour later I went downtown to a hotel where I met an old schoolmate that I literally have not seen in 53 years.  We spent the last 3 hours reliving old times and catching up on "kids" we went to school with - many of whom are no longer with us.  We've reached that age where we are seeing more and more of them passing away, but there's nothing we can do about it except enjoy the memories.

Re: today's quote - I heard a version of it that went:  When one door closes and another opens, you're likely in jail.

Re: not being able to log on - I couldn't access the page last night, and this morning had a few CC friends on FB message me to see if I was able to - yes, I was, even though they couldn't.  Not sure what the issue was, but it seems to have been fixed now.

I'd like to try the drink of the day (not sure about the bourbon if it would overpower the flavour or not), the wine sounds nice, but a tad pricey, and the menu suggestion sounds good.  Sheet pan dinners are easy and clean up is usually a breeze.  Since I haven't really been around all day I didn't take out anything to thaw, so I'm going to hop in the car with DH and we're going to a Mexican restaurant a short drive away where we can pick up burrito bowls to enjoy at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, in pain, in grief, in turmoil, and in the paths of storms.  Cheers to all with celebrations today.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry 

• Like 20

Good evening, everyone!

It was a beautiful day here in Columbus, Ohio.  Our conference went very well and all presenters were fantastic.  I have not had any issues logging into CC, but to be honest, this is the first time I've been able to try today.  

I hope you are all well and wish you a great evening.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you Rich, Sandi, Vanessa, Tina, Ann, and Paul;.   Happy Birthday Debbie and I hope your trip is going well.  Condolences to Maureen  but great news on DH.  Vanessa, I’m pleased with your progress.

Cheers to the King, Children Saving and the Devil Dogs but I’ll pass on the Cake and Pampered Little Dog.  I like Helen Keller’s quote,  

I was almost to Ilulissat on Crystal Serenity’s 2016 Northwest Passage cruise   We .couldn’t get tenders to shore nor local boats out to meet us but we spent time in the harbor.  A bit of irony here, it was a very long cruise, but other than Greenland the cruise from Anchorage to New York had only US and Canadian ports so apparently Greenland made the voyage legal under the PVSA.

Beethoven was pure genius.

I’ll pass on the meal. My alternative is Classic Caesar Salad, Port Braised Lamb Shank, and Dutch Apple Pie as served on MS Nieuw Statendam April 27, 2019:

dishes0427.jpg

Roy

How could you pass on my pampered dog!! Oliver thinks of you as a favorite uncle  !!

• Like 3
  • Haha 13

12 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

439599866_948747663596820_1060857001239115532_n.jpg.5f9cb0b43b4036c7edc8d5371e9065e7.jpg

Lenda

I wonder how many people in other areas realize how true this really is!

There wasn't actually much rain in Dallas today. This evening we finally got some sprinkles. Looks like it might hit early Sunday morning.

• Like 12

@ger_77Congratulations for the whole family with the adoption of Kevin. Pictures please, I have to show the oranges they are not the only orange cats in the world.

@Cruzin TerriMy oldest friend in Atlanta has dementia/Alzeimer's...we were supposed to go up North to Block Island, and she would not go.  Her hubby was heartbroken.  He became worried that he would not be able to travel anymore. However she has no problem going to Cedar Key Florida because they will drive, she doesnt have to be in a crowd, and she understands that we are all going to be together except at bedtime.  It was the flying that she did not want to do to get up north. So their vacations will be via roads.  She hasnt driven in years, doesnt know if she has an email address, and doesnt go on the computer anymore-too scary for her.  I understand your recent disappointment, and hope you two can find things to do to keep you both happy.  I have been thinking of you and your situation.

@bennybearI have always loved your pictures, as I enjoy seeing @DeeniEncinitas's paintings. I think you both should make books.  I would have you both on my coffee table forever. he he

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

as I enjoy seeing @DeeniEncinitas's paintings. I think you both should make books.  I would have you both on my coffee table forever. he he

🌺🌺🌺🌺

Aloha Annie!!! 😂 LOL

So I’m up there with Kramer with his coffee table book on Seinfeld? LOL

A very nice complement Annie, Painting has been my relaxation for ever! I take after my Uncle who was a major cartoon artist working with Disney Studios and with their production company then. I have been blessed. But my heart has been with dentistry giving back smiles for life program to underprivileged people over the years! With Maui’s fires our heart has been here for 3 months to help give back! 
Thank you for your complement!

🌺🌺

Mahalo

Denise🙂

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

19 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

IMG_5941.thumb.jpeg.02c9841124751da36f3f34d2e7516eae.jpegIntroducing Kevin. 

🌺🌺

Aloha, ger_77!

Kevin is adorable!!! Look at that face! Beautiful eyes and love his little stuffed animal! Thank you for the picture!

For me the time is 4:11pm in Maui so I know it is late back east!

🌺Mahalo

Denise😘

• Like 10

1 hour ago, marshhawk said:

Cruzin TerriMy oldest friend in Atlanta has dementia/Alzeimer's...we were supposed to go up North to Block Island, and she would not go.  Her hubby was heartbroken.  He became worried that he would not be able to travel anymore. However she has no problem going to Cedar Key Florida because they will drive, she doesnt have to be in a crowd, and she understands that we are all going to be together except at bedtime.  It was the flying that she did not want to do to get up north. So their vacations will be via roads.  She hasnt driven in years, doesnt know if she has an email address, and doesnt go on the computer anymore-too scary for her.  I understand your recent disappointment, and hope you two can find things to do to keep you both happy.  I have been thinking of you and your situation.

Annie, Thank you for your kind words.

Terri

• Like 9

2 hours ago, YourWorldWithBill said:

I wonder how many people in other areas realize how true this really is!

There wasn't actually much rain in Dallas today. This evening we finally got some sprinkles. Looks like it might hit early Sunday morning.

I doubt they really believe us.  It brought to mind a vacation we took when we lived in Corpus Christi in the early 70s.  We spent a couple of days in Marfa before going to Big Bend.  One day, we decided that since we were so close to Carlsbad Caverns, only 200 miles, we would go there for the day.  Of course, we were much younger.

We did get some weird Texas rain this evening.  It rained very hard for all of 10 to 15 seconds, and that was it for the day.  Right now, we just have a strong south wind.

1 hour ago, ger_77 said:

IMG_5941.thumb.jpeg.02c9841124751da36f3f34d2e7516eae.jpegIntroducing Kevin. 

Gerry, Kevin is such an adorable cutie.  He reminds me of our two orange cats, Sandy and Sargent, whomcrossedmthe rainbow bridge many, many years ago.

Lenda

• Like 10

10 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good afternoon,

i too had trouble accessing Cruise Critic both on Safari and on Edge.  So I gave up.  I was surprised when I came back a little while ago and was able to get back on. 

Thank you to Sandi, Roy, Vanessa, Ann, Dixie and Tina for your contributions to the Daily and Fleet Report.

I like the Days and the quote by Helen Keller.

I have not been to the port,.

I am glad to report that all is calm here.  Trying to make some decisions for the future.  

Today Jim received news that a childhood friend passed away. He had Alzheimer’s.  The wake and funeral is in Virginia (DC area) and he doesn’t feel up to making the trip, So the best we can do is send flowers and a card to his sons.  His wife passed in 2017.  

Prayers for all on the Cares List and cheers to all celebrating and cruising.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

God Bless,

Terri

I'm sorry to hear about Jim's childhood friend passing Terri.

Condolences to his friends family and friends.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, bennybear said:

Aw thanks!  And to @JazzyV  as well,  CC not cooperating again!

Most are by DH so credit to him.   I am planning to do a little photo book but he got a new better camera, lol! 

All photos are lovely to see and some of yours have been spectacular.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• LauraS locked this topic