The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday May 12th, 2024

Good afternoon and Happy Mothers Day!  Another nice day here, but I haven't been able to see any lights in the sky!  They say tonight is another possibility.  Today is a quiet day, church this morning and now some quiet time.  We're going to a local park for a beer garden later.  Our 1st visit this year.  

Thanks for all of the photos, and caring and sharing!  

Here is my mom and my sister and I.  I'm the bigger one! Every summer we headed "up north" for a week of camping in the woods.  Here we are dressed and ready for church! image.thumb.jpeg.3a7f20e7c5b14656115deb359ba5731b.jpeg

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

...He airdropped me a picture of Oskar at the aurora "show", but refused to take all my spare pots...

Oskar at the show...  (he wears a lighted collar at night, as he is such a dark brown).

image1.thumb.jpeg.a54ac695738983fc16e774f784c888e2.jpeg

Oskar fits right in w/his own colorful light show! Great picture!!

• Like 13

2 minutes ago, quilty964 said:

Good afternoon and Happy Mothers Day!  Another nice day here, but I haven't been able to see any lights in the sky!  They say tonight is another possibility.  Today is a quiet day, church this morning and now some quiet time.  We're going to a local park for a beer garden later.  Our 1st visit this year.  

Here is my mom and my sister and I.  I'm the bigger one! Every summer we headed "up north" for a week of camping in the woods.  Here we are dressed and ready for church! image.thumb.jpeg.3a7f20e7c5b14656115deb359ba5731b.jpeg

Lovely family photo.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, quilty964 said:

Good afternoon and Happy Mothers Day!

...Here is my mom and my sister and I.  I'm the bigger one!... Here we are dressed and ready for church! image.thumb.jpeg.3a7f20e7c5b14656115deb359ba5731b.jpeg

Such a sweet picture. Thanks for sharing. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

...In honor of Mother's Day, this is my mother and me at what was probably my second Easter.  Sadly, she died too young at 62 and that was 50 years ago.

jpg283.jpg.d008d143e896c14fa3aa285c7b41bad1.jpg

...Elizabeth, please wish your brother, the older, A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY for us.

What a sweet picture. I agree 62 is too young 💔

Brother, the older, appreciates the birthday wishes - thanks for sending them.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Happy Mother's Day.  Thank you Rich, Jacqui, Vanessa, Debbie, Ann, and Dixie.  I love all 3 of today's days although I do not really deal with plants.

A very nice quote by Eleanor Roosevelt.

I have not been to Himeji.

A really old day to celebrate today.

I'll pass on the meal.  My alternative is Fruit Salad with Yogurt and Honey, Garden Wedge Salad with Grilled Chicken, and Strawberry Ice Cream, my embarkation lunch on MS Veendam May 14, 2016.

A chilly wind and occasional rain today.  It was dry from the house to car to mall for walking, and then to church, drizzle from church to car but dry again to get back in the house.

Roy

• Like 23

I have a sunset today rather than a sunrise.  It's from May 12, 2019 after transferring from Queen Victoria to Queen Mary 2 in Southampton:

dusk0512.jpg

Roy

• Like 22
  • Thanks 2

@durangoscotsWhat a difference a few miles (relatively speaking) make. We're visiting in Salida and it's been snowing most of the last 3 days. Yesterday afternoon I thought the rain would melt a lot of it, but a few inches more this morning. The sun is back so maybe the end is in sight. Hoping for clear weather for the trip back to Denver and our flight home Tuesday. Of course, the weather in the Seattle area has been wonderful.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Just want tow wish everyone a very Happy Mother’s Day.

Whether you be a mother to someone not related, a step mum, a fur baby Mum or a MUm in heave, Happy Mother’s Day

IMG_2401.thumb.jpeg.810a08032f916d670c9f54dd17d86aa7.jpeg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 16

Today has been a lazy day.  Not much going on except rain and more rain.  I just checked outside, and it's still very wet, but the rain has stopped for now.  Eyeballing the old fashioned rain gauge from the sidewalk, it looks like we've gotten about 1/2 inch of rain.

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Lenda.

Lovely photo of your late mam and you.

I'm so sorry she died so young and you lost your mam at a very young age too.

Thank you, Graham.  I was 26 when my mother died, and sadly, she did not live to see her granddaughters.

2 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

I'm very late today.  We were up late last night hoping to see the Aurora Borealis but gave up when we heard that the "show" wouldn't begin until around 2 am.  We had even driven way out into the country and parked along the road with dozens of other cars. It was perfect, no lights at all.  BUT lots of traffic going past for some reason (Saturday night??), so their headlights didn't help. Our neighbor had been out there the night before and got great photos.  But all we could see was a definite glow along the horizon, nothing more.  I wonder how many of the people out there stayed hours later.

Happy Mother's Day!!  We will be going to dinner tonight with the 6 "kids" and grandkids.  We've had reservations for weeks, so no problem there.  It's a gorgeous day again, so I plan to have a lovely day of gardening -- a perfect day -- gardening and family time.  

Every day is plant health for gardeners, I celebrate all nurses and know quite a few retired nurses.  I love limericks, in fact much more than poetry.  My DM was quite good at writing limericks.  Good quote, I'll pass on the red wine but would like the drink and the meal (with a few substitutions).  Have not been to Japan.  Thank you @bennybear for your great photos.

Our weather has been wonderful -- I may even have to start watering because (gasp) we haven't had rain in awhile.  Not happy to hear about the fires in BC though -- so early!  Not looking forward to a smoky summer.

@Haljo1935 Happy Birthday to your brother!

The latest news on Amber is that she was "unceremoniously released" from Swedish in Seattle (insurance reasons I'm sure) and her DH took her to Providence Rehab here in Everett.  As far as I know there isn't any big news re her status, and still will need that surgery to reattach the skull flap when the time is right.  I'm thankful there hasn't been any bad news, and that she's making steps forward. 🙂  

Carolyn, sometimes hospitals seem to push patients out before there is a safe place for them to go to finish their recovery.  I'm glad Amber's DH was able to get her admitted to Providence Rehab.  I hope her progress continues.

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

My late dad and older brother worked in the shipyards in Sunderland.

Screenshot_20240512_194453.jpg

Graham, thanks for the interesting information about the Sunderland shipyards.

2 hours ago, quilty964 said:

Great picture of your mother, sister and you.

23 minutes ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

@durangoscotsWhat a difference a few miles (relatively speaking) make. We're visiting in Salida and it's been snowing most of the last 3 days. Yesterday afternoon I thought the rain would melt a lot of it, but a few inches more this morning. The sun is back so maybe the end is in sight. Hoping for clear weather for the trip back to Denver and our flight home Tuesday. Of course, the weather in the Seattle area has been wonderful.

Safe travels home Tuesday.  I hope the weather cooperates, and you can get to Denver without any problems.

Lenda

• Like 16
  • Thanks 5

Posted (edited)

First Mother’s Day without my mother. Blessed to have spent nearly 3/4 of a century with Ruth. Thanks to sister, Carol, for sharing some good pictures of Mom. IMG_0945.thumb.jpeg.32d0c7fffb9f198a6d2636ca88429fe2.jpeg

Edited by Norseh2o
Double description.
  • Like 27

36 minutes ago, Norseh2o said:

First Mother’s Day without my mother. Blessed to have spent nearly 3/4 of a century with Ruth. Thanks to sister, Carol, for sharing some good pictures of Mom. IMG_0945.thumb.jpeg.32d0c7fffb9f198a6d2636ca88429fe2.jpeg

A beautiful photo, love the sentiment on the wall!  I’m sorry for your loss,   It’s hard to lose your mom no matter what age!

• Like 17

My first year without Mom (she passed on Mother’s Day last year….( She was begging for gods help all day due to terrible pain. My brothers and I were happy that she got her wish.  Oddly, we were all together, which was not the norm, as we are all in different states. All agree that it was the “perfect ending “).

japan is on the “to do” list.

meal and wine are “maybe”.

Happy Mother’s Day to all who celebrate!

🙏 to all

have been away, just catching up now with a few weeks of missed dailies ( was on a ship parked next to Oosterdam in Valletta a few days ago). Many good ports, meals and drinks on the daily lists to catch up with!

• Like 24

1 hour ago, Norseh2o said:

Thanks for sharing such a beautiful picture. 

Extra hugs.

• Like 13

1 hour ago, bennybear said:

A beautiful photo, love the sentiment on the wall!  I’m sorry for your loss,   It’s hard to lose your mom no matter what age!

Thanks for sharing a beautiful picture of your lovely mother.  I hope the goos memories of her make today easier.

50 minutes ago, AroundWithMAPTravels said:

My first year without Mom (she passed on Mother’s Day last year….( She was begging for gods help all day due to terrible pain. My brothers and I were happy that she got her wish.  Oddly, we were all together, which was not the norm, as we are all in different states. All agree that it was the “perfect ending “).

🙏 to all

have been away, just catching up now with a few weeks of missed dailies ( was on a ship parked next to Oosterdam in Valletta a few days ago). Many good ports, meals and drinks on the daily lists to catch up with!

I'm sorry today holds sad memories, but it sounds like all of you were at peace with her passing.  Good you were all together.

Lenda

• Like 15

Good evening, everyone!

I am really enjoying the pictures of the moms.  They are all so precious.  I think many of us have moms in heaven and no matter how long it has been, it is still tough some days.  I keep thinking of things I want to ask her!  

I took Sue out to dinner tonight for Mother's Day since her idiot son has not contacted her.  She talks like she's ok, but I know she is really hurting.  He's been pretty much a jerk for the last year or so, increasingly so since the new wife came into the picture.  That is when he abandoned his daughter as well.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 13

50 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

image.thumb.jpeg.0e20aecdc7eb307fa30a64f2110b4eb3.jpeg

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Aloha!! 
Had a beautiful Mother’s Day Brunch with our daughter Shawn! 
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL❤️

Mahalo,

Denise🙂

Denise, you and Shawn are so beautiful! Where for brunch?

Although I have been a step mom for 33 years, I got a "Happy Mother's Day" from my step son. 

My "dog son, Oliver", gave me my Samsung tablet, since Ole Nellie pooped out on me!

• Like 13
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

image.thumb.jpeg.0e20aecdc7eb307fa30a64f2110b4eb3.jpeg

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Aloha!! 
Had a beautiful Mother’s Day Brunch with our daughter Shawn! 
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL❤️

Mahalo,

Denise🙂

Beautiful!

• Like 11

5 hours ago, AroundWithMAPTravels said:

🙏 to all

4 hours ago, dfish said:

Good evening, everyone!

I am really enjoying the pictures of the moms.  They are all so precious.  I think many of us have moms in heaven and no matter how long it has been, it is still tough some days.  I keep thinking of things I want to ask her!  

I took Sue out to dinner tonight for Mother's Day since her idiot son has not contacted her.  She talks like she's ok, but I know she is really hurting.  He's been pretty much a jerk for the last year or so, increasingly so since the new wife came into the picture.  That is when he abandoned his daughter as well.  

I think today is also difficult for many!  For many reasons!  Hugs!  

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1