June 17 MDR Reservations

Cruzbw

So, what's the inside information? Or group opinion? Do we think Princess is going to have all the ducks in line to open MDR reservations for cruises that sail September 2024 and beyond? Or will it be like the current sale, extended into infinity? 

9 hours ago, Cruzbw said:

So, what's the inside information? Or group opinion? Do we think Princess is going to have all the ducks in line to open MDR reservations for cruises that sail September 2024 and beyond? Or will it be like the current sale, extended into infinity? 

I really hope so, but I also really doubt it. 

It will go faster for those folks sailing in September and October if the people sailing in 2025 and 2026 wait several days to make their reservations. Unfortunately I doubt this will happen.  I will probably be REALLY slow because too many folks are trying to use the system at the same time since I think it applies across the fleet with a couple of exceptions.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, hokiefans said:

Would anyone have a copy of the communique from Princess on this?  thank you!

Received in email sent on 4/15/24:

Dear Princess Guest: 

Princess Cruises recently announced it is making a significant enhancement to the main dining options found across its fleet, designed to give you the ultimate in flexibility and choice when it comes to your dining experience. 

Starting with voyages departing September 14, 2024, Princess will designate separate dining rooms aboard every ship in the fleet* to three table service options: 

Traditional dining offering an early and a late seating every evening

Reservable dining times

Open seating to support walk-ins anytime 

To support these changes and the transition to the new system, main dining reservations that you may have already made will be cancelled.

This change does not affect anyone booked in specialty dining restaurants or suite or reserve collection accommodations, who enjoy a dedicated dining room on Princess ships, where no reservations are required. 

Starting June 17, you will be able to use the app ahead of your voyage to opt for traditional seating in a dedicated dining room with the same waiter, same table and same time each night, or flexible dining, allowing you to enjoy dinner at any available time and table size of your choosing in either the Reservable or Open Seating dining rooms. 

* Reservable and Walk-in Anytime Dining will be combined into a single Main Dining Room location aboard Coral Princess and Island Princess.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Thanks 2

I would have thought sense wise it would have been more sensible to say dining preferences will be available on so and so ship on and between such and such dates Therefore if you are on a Princess ship sailing 14th September, which is when the roll out starts you have from the 17th of June for one month overlapping those ships sailing the following day 15th September and again one month to book and so forth otherwise I foresee the 17th arriving and everyone trying to book their dining arrangements for cruises after the 14th September at the same time.

The latest app update FINALLY allowed us to book our specialty dining for our August cruise on the Sun Princess. Such a releif. It was supper annoying that it did not work before. The bookings didn't take our dining credit (2 free speciality dining for 2 people), but that's fine, we will use the credit on board. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, voljeep said:

we, allegedly, have a mdr reservation for mid October on deck 7 - SUN P

I thought that I read somewhere that Sun Princess was not part of the "cancel and rebook" process since it already had the dining options that the other ships were changing over to.

• Thanks 1

You're right, from Princess.com:

Making all dining formats available fleetwide follows the resounding success of this new approach already implemented aboard the new Sun Princess.  With the stunning introduction of the new next level Love Boat came the debut of three-story dining room with one floor dedicated to traditional dining, another serving guests with a flexible reservation and a third for anytime walk-ins.

1 hour ago, susancruzs said:

You're right, from Princess.com:

Making all dining formats available fleetwide follows the resounding success of this new approach already implemented aboard the new Sun Princess.  With the stunning introduction of the new next level Love Boat came the debut of three-story dining room with one floor dedicated to traditional dining, another serving guests with a flexible reservation and a third for anytime walk-ins.

It's not working for me.  I board September 14th and cannot book in the main dining room (No results found.  There are no available restaurants).  However, a couple of months ago, I was able to book Signature dining, even though I should not be able to as we are not in that type of cabin.  SHould you be able to book more than a group of four in specialty dining??

4 minutes ago, hokiefans said:

It's not working for me.  I board September 14th and cannot book in the main dining room (No results found.  There are no available restaurants).

I got all of my MDR (Horizon Deck 7) and Specialty reservations a couple of months ago (same cruise) and can go in and edit my selections if I need to.  Though there isn't much to change to.  For a Private Table, we pretty much have to keep what we have or move to what I call "late lunch" (5:20).  If we try to move to a "Shared Table" I get an error message.  While the times I got for the MDR are not perfect, I was able to get a table for every night that I wanted.  And Specialty restaurants were a breeze.  Even Spellbound. 

22 hours ago, hokiefans said:

It's not working for me.  I board September 14th and cannot book in the main dining room (No results found.  There are no available restaurants).  However, a couple of months ago, I was able to book Signature dining, even though I should not be able to as we are not in that type of cabin.  SHould you be able to book more than a group of four in specialty dining??

I can book Speciality Dining, but MDR dining won't be available to book before the 17th June. I presume that those wishing to dine at different times will be able to then use the App and for those like myself who wishes to dine every evening at 8.15 I will be able to access that option. Which presumably we will know which of the three MDR's we are allocated.

• Like 1

On 6/9/2024 at 11:52 PM, Astro Flyer said:

Received in email sent on 4/15/24:

Dear Princess Guest: 

Princess Cruises recently announced it is making a significant enhancement to the main dining options found across its fleet, designed to give you the ultimate in flexibility and choice when it comes to your dining experience. 

Starting with voyages departing September 14, 2024, Princess will designate separate dining rooms aboard every ship in the fleet* to three table service options: 

Traditional dining offering an early and a late seating every evening

Reservable dining times

Open seating to support walk-ins anytime 

To support these changes and the transition to the new system, main dining reservations that you may have already made will be cancelled.

This change does not affect anyone booked in specialty dining restaurants or suite or reserve collection accommodations, who enjoy a dedicated dining room on Princess ships, where no reservations are required. 

Starting June 17, you will be able to use the app ahead of your voyage to opt for traditional seating in a dedicated dining room with the same waiter, same table and same time each night, or flexible dining, allowing you to enjoy dinner at any available time and table size of your choosing in either the Reservable or Open Seating dining rooms. 

* Reservable and Walk-in Anytime Dining will be combined into a single Main Dining Room location aboard Coral Princess and Island Princess.

I didn’t receive this email.

2 hours ago, dog said:

I didn’t receive this email.

Are you sailing on Sun?  If so, this "cancel and re-book" notification would not apply since that ship has been set up with Traditional/Reservations/Walk-in dining rooms from day one.  No changes necessary.

26 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

Are you sailing on Sun?  If so, this "cancel and re-book" notification would not apply since that ship has been set up with Traditional/Reservations/Walk-in dining rooms from day one.  No changes necessary.

Sun, Sky, Enchanted, Star.

5 hours ago, debster11 said:

Does anyone know if we can begin reservations at midnight or is there a specified time? Just curious.

I would have thought reservations would be able to be made from midnight. Whether we will be privileged to the information as to which restaurant is providing which service before the 17th I don't know. But it seems like an awful lot of information will have to be provided for each ship and for booking to take place as I would imagine everyone will be trying to find out all on the 17th.

The actual "switch" to the new system will simply be a couple of mouse clicks on the Princess side.  The system will simply point to a new database...which has most certainly already been loaded up and tested.

• Haha 2

On 6/8/2024 at 9:33 PM, Cruzbw said:

My Magic 8 Ball says, "cannot predict now". 🎱

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

The actual "switch" to the new system will simply be a couple of mouse clicks on the Princess side.  The system will simply point to a new database...which has most certainly already been loaded up and tested.

Ah, alas, Princess seems to often make the simple, complicated LOL