Glitch with medallion shipping strikes again...

kstrittm

Heads up, people...  even if you order your medallions far in advance and request shipping to your home, you may not actually receive them.  This is the 2nd time it has happened to me, and I live in a large urban area.  I placed the order months in advance.  When periodically checking the app, I received a message stating that the medallions were "not yet shipped".  I sail on August 4.  Yesterday the app said "not yet shipped", but today it told me to order my medallions.  Of course, when I attempted to do that, I received a message stating that my departure date is too near. So I'll need to pick them up at the port in Seattle. Somehow that crazy system lost the order or simply failed to fulfill the order.

I don't know what the heck is wrong with Princess's logistics system, but they can't seem to get it right.  Either improve the mailing process or just don't offer it, please...  

I completely understand your frustration.  This has happened to a number of our members here on CC.  Good news is that you will be delayed boarding about five minutes if you don’t have your Medallion.  This is so common and they know how to process a new Medallion very quickly.

Do not fret about this for one minute.  You’ll be onboard and having a great time on August 4th.  Enjoy your cruise!

11 minutes ago, kstrittm said:

Heads up, people...  even if you order your medallions far in advance and request shipping to your home, you may not actually receive them.  This is the 2nd time it has happened to me, and I live in a large urban area.  I placed the order months in advance.  When periodically checking the app, I received a message stating that the medallions were "not yet shipped".  I sail on August 4.  Yesterday the app said "not yet shipped", but today it told me to order my medallions.  Of course, when I attempted to do that, I received a message stating that my departure date is too near. So I'll need to pick them up at the port in Seattle. Somehow that crazy system lost the order or simply failed to fulfill the order.

I don't know what the heck is wrong with Princess's logistics system, but they can't seem to get it right.  Either improve the mailing process or just don't offer it, please...  

Is there a history to look at on the App, where you had ordered it?  Or, was that deleted also?

Just now, Lady Arwen said:

I completely understand your frustration.  This has happened to a number of our members here on CC.  Good news is that you will be delayed boarding about five minutes if you don’t have your Medallion.  This is so common and they know how to process a new Medallion very quickly.

Do not fret about this for one minute.  You’ll be onboard and having a great time on August 4th.  Enjoy your cruise!

Oh, I definitely won't let it impact my vacation.  But, why do they offer a service that they can't support?  It's frustrating...  happily, I have the package so didn't pay for shipping.  No loss for me.

• Like 1

Just now, PacnGoNow said:

Is there a history to look at on the App, where you had ordered it?  Or, was that deleted also?

There was an order history until today.  Now there is none because the system thinks I didn't order the medallions.  

1 minute ago, kstrittm said:

There was an order history until today.  Now there is none because the system thinks I didn't order the medallions.  

It seems the OM was affected after they started “trying” to do updates.

Some were affected by shipping statuses, while others had extra guest orders.  Yours is a little different.

You will have a great cruise anyway.

BTW, GS will probably credit your account, just stop by and tell them you did not receive the OM, after ordering it.  Even if you have the package, they have credited $10 per person.  YMMV

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Once you are too close to embarkation nothing about medallions can be pulled up

• Thanks 1

I don't rely on the app to track my medallion.  As my cruise nears (around 20 days prior) I start checking my credit card account that I used to order my medallion and see if I have been charged for the shipping (I don't do packages so I pay for shipping).  I checked the other day and saw that my card had been charged so I know things are in the works.  I use the USPS mail tracking system where I can see what mail and packages that I am supposed to get on a daily basis.  I saw that a label had been created for my medallions but the package had not been picked up yet.  I am not worried as this is the usual process for my medallions.  I leave for Alaska on August 7th so am pretty sure that I should have it in time before I board the ship.  Good luck to you.

• Like 1

Our app states the same "pick up at the terminal ....." so I then logged in to my account via computer and checked it there. Once to the correct screen it shows "Medallion shipped". Now whether or not it comes to fruition is yet to be seen but it does give some glimmer of hope. We leave on August 3rd.

• Like 2

Another good way to check is if you have USPS Informed Delivery. You can log in there and see any upcoming packages that have been entered into the system, even if they haven't actually shipped yet. I am sailing on an August 10 sailing and mine currently shows this for our medallions:

image.thumb.png.52909b895fc483aee3dc3ca577041248.png

• Like 4

I had many of the same problems.  I pecked around the site to find my shipping number and then tracked it.  It arrived 12 days before my cruise.  After receiving the medallions, my app says that I needed to order it.  Then clicked on order and it said too late, pick it up at the port.

It's probably best NOT to track it and be surprised if and when it shows up at your address.  Worst case scenario...pick it up at the port (I know...utterly ludicrous.)

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Another good way to check is if you have USPS Informed Delivery. You can log in there and see any upcoming packages that have been entered into the system, even if they haven't actually shipped yet. I am sailing on an August 10 sailing and mine currently shows this for our medallions:

image.thumb.png.52909b895fc483aee3dc3ca577041248.png

This is the same system I mentioned in my post --- love this free service.

22 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

This is the same system I mentioned in my post --- love this free service.

Yes, I don't know why anyone wouldn't sign up. Every morning I get an email with pictures of the mail that should be arriving that day, which is incredibly helpful because then you can know if anything is missing when you actually retrieve the mail and I know what I can look forward to when I get home from work. Also, as shown above, it lets you track upcoming package deliveries. *Highly* recommend this to anyone who isn't already signed up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kstrittm said:

On our last cruise (2 months back) I was getting similar messages regarding our medallions...need to order...AND I HAD THEM IN HAND! 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I leave tomorrow!  I did not receive my medallion that was ordered in ample time and paid the shipping fee.  I do not think Princess is the problem for me, but the USPS IS the problem for me.  My medallion tracking said it arrived local post ofice Sunday 7/15, out for delivery Monday 7/16. From the tracking it appears it was all within California.  My medallion has not been delivered and still says out for delivery 7/15 with a note, sorry for the delay, it will be delivered the next business day. It has just simply vanished!  My local post office has no clue and seems quite disinterested and unconcerned.  No big deal to them.  They just say contact the sender to re-send. No, I don't think so, tooooooooo late.  Thanks, USPS.  

We ordered medallions for both of us. My wife never got an email saying it had shipped but it came in Friday. Mine showed shipped 10 days ago and nothing has showed up and we leave town in 6 days. Somehow it will work out 

There can be a disconnect between the app and reality.  Mine arrived while the app was still telling me it was too late to order them.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, memoak said:

We ordered medallions for both of us. My wife never got an email saying it had shipped but it came in Friday. Mine showed shipped 10 days ago and nothing has showed up and we leave town in 6 days. Somehow it will work out 

Well lo and behold mine showed up today 

• Like 4

@hpeabody A friend of mine sent me a check from Temecula (less than 100 miles from my house).  I received an image on my Informed Delivery that I should receive it "tomorrow".  Image is sent from the processing center, not the arrival/delivery post office.  You guessed it...never arrived.  She had to pay to place a stop payment on the check.  No recourse from USPS since she did not spend the money to register it.

Months later, the envelop arrived.  

Safe travels.

17 hours ago, prbffd28 said:

Our app states the same "pick up at the terminal ....." so I then logged in to my account via computer and checked it there. Once to the correct screen it shows "Medallion shipped". Now whether or not it comes to fruition is yet to be seen but it does give some glimmer of hope. We leave on August 3rd.

Update: I actually called Princess yesterday as well just to ask (not expecting any real answer but figured why not ask) and the rep pulled up my account and said the Medallions had not yet shipped but there was still time. Well imagine my surprise when I got home and the blue Princess package was in my mailbox. So I would say if your profile says green lane you will most likely receive your Medallion in the mail prior to your cruise. Of course I'm being an optimist but that's how it worked out for us, no email notification just showed up.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2