Cafe Promenade

Hi

This is my first Royal Caribbean Cruise. I hear the ship has a cafe promenade. What kind of food does it have and is it worth going there for lunch rather than the windjammer or MDR? Also does it get really busy? Also I read its open 24, but then read its opening hours are subject to the port its in? This confused me slightly...

Hi,

They do lovely fresh sandwiches, cookies, little desserts, cakes etc. Self service coffee and tea; you can also purchase specialty coffees there. On Independence last year I did grab a snack there at around 230am but I think they were closing for cleaning shortly after. At 230am I was the only one there! During the day however the cafe was busy at different times. Opening times will be in the Compass.

Hi

This is my first Royal Caribbean Cruise. I hear the ship has a cafe promenade. What kind of food does it have and is it worth going there for lunch rather than the windjammer or MDR? Also does it get really busy? Also I read its open 24, but then read its opening hours are subject to the port its in? This confused me slightly...

They close for a couple of hours early in the morning for cleaning but other than that it is always open regardless of the ports.

Cafe Promenade is my favorite place on the ship. When we cruise smaller vessels I really miss the coffee. Windjammer on the back of the ship just doesn't seem to taste the same compared to the coffee here.

I love the sandwiches (much better fare than Seaview Cafe on non-JR ships IMO) and the desserts.

I love the openness of the location, you can just sit and relax, whereas in JR's or Seaview I always feel like someone is waiting for me to get up and get out. The couches are fun too.

Some posters complain about kids hanging out there and there are also a lot of computer folks using the WiFi there but I have never had a problem.

On a horrible cruise I took several years ago Cafe Promenade was the only bright spot.

I agree, best coffee on the ship. Leaving next Sunday, will try to post a picture of the case with all the eats when we return.

Do try the scrumpious raisin bread, best I have ever eaten and I usually don't like anything with raisins in it. I started eating this with my coffee sitting at a little table with DH and watch the ship wake up and by the end of cruise I was addicted! Of course the pizza is good if you get there right when its first coming out around 10:00 or 11:00. On Liberty they have paninis that are superb.:p

I loved that they had all the kinds of cookies in the cafe. Up in the buffet they have one regular and one sugar free type, the regular is almost always coconut which Im allergic to. I got flamed so bad for once posting that I was dissapointed they almost always only had coconut cookies in the buffet. Folks here really told me off about how they loved coconut (I hadnt mentioned I throw up and am allergic to them, just said I was dissapointed). You would have thought I said I hated my cruise. The usual folks said I was being too picky and on and on. Never a negative word can be said.

Now, Im back to being a happy cookie camper, can get other cookies on my cruise.

For me the Cafe Promenade is a great alternative to Room service for a quick late nite snack.

They usually have 2 different types of mini sandwiches on great breads or mini croissants, fresh pizza and delicious looking tarts, cakes and cookies. No veggies or salads so not a place that I would choose for lunch or dinner. It is perfect for a mini snack after enjoying the nightlife. I've been there as late as 3 am and have heard that it closes for a couple of hours in the wee hours of the morning.

ENJOY

Cafe Promenade is my favorite place on the ship. When we cruise smaller vessels I really miss the coffee. Windjammer on the back of the ship just doesn't seem to taste the same compared to the coffee here.

I love the sandwiches (much better fare than Seaview Cafe on non-JR ships IMO) and the desserts.

I love the openness of the location, you can just sit and relax, whereas in JR's or Seaview I always feel like someone is waiting for me to get up and get out. The couches are fun too.

Some posters complain about kids hanging out there and there are also a lot of computer folks using the WiFi there but I have never had a problem.

On a horrible cruise I took several years ago Cafe Promenade was the only bright spot.

That sounds like Lattetudes. Am I mistaken? No couches or computers in Explorer's Cafe Promenade. (Oh, I guess WiFi would be possible. I'm not very computer literate.) Anyway, couches?:confused:

All Voyager and Freedom class ships have a Promenade Cafe. Freedom class ships also have a Sorrentos pizza next to the Cafe. Sorrentos offers antipasti and salads as well as pizza and also at no extra charge. These are open nearly 24/7, closing only in the wee morning hours for clean up.

yipee! although my son is now 20, he is an only child and we take him on every cruise. (but not spoiled - yea, right) :-) we have a ritual of getting up at 2 am and going to get pizza, at least twice on our cruise. some of our best talks have been over cruise pizza. i can't wait to go to the promenade and get our pizza!

Cafe Promenade was one of my very favorite things about my week on the Mariner. The little sandwiches are delicious and make a perfect "not too much" snack. Pizza was pretty good too--always hot. And the little desserts....mmm. :) :)

We loved CP on the Navigator. I am not a big eater and I found a sandwich there for lunch was better for me than lunch in the Windjammer or MDR.

I don't drink tea or coffee and I loved the self service hot chocolate. There is a knack to making it which I learned.

Mix the powder first with a little cold water into a smooth paste then add the hot water and stir briskly - delicious.

Archived