Breaking News - C&A Changes/Enhancements

With 100+ PC onboard, I doubt you will get anywhere near that SL ;)

Take the package

Ha! I know! I haven't even told my husband yet!

Actually, he's already been talking about getting the package. He'd rather just pre-pay, not worry about it and be able to go anywhere, like an all-inclusive. He likes his Hendrick's and tonic, and I don't think that's on "the list."

I'm glad I've made our Coastal Kitchen ressies. :D

The new rule offers no enticement for becoming D+

I just don't get --why does one have to be enticed to cruise. The rewards to get to any level are not sufficient in themselves to warrant the investment of time and money. Vacation as you really want, don't strive to accomplish some "maybe" benefit.

People who say that D's should be happy with the drink vouchers and no lounge just assume all D's are drinkers.

My lady and I are chasing Diamond because we like the Lounge to enjoy snacks in and meet people, not drink...we barely drink. We do 830 dinner and like to go at 7ish to get a snack and talk to Suite Guests, D+ and P's.

We are trying to reach diamond so we can stop booking all GSs and book some JSs. Thats not to say we wont book GS (we are hitting Diamond next cruise and we have 3 GSs booked after to that) its just we want to have the option to book JS when GS is way too overpriced.

I am a bit confused. Are you are booking GS category just to get the extra points to get to Diamond? You get the same number of points for booking a JS so how does getting to Diamond increase your options?

No, we book GS to get lounge access, once we hit diamond our plan was to book some JS when GSs were overpriced.

Ie we hit Diamond next cruise, so the cruise after that we have a JS booked because GS was overpriced but the next two cruises after that we have GS and RFS booked because the price was fair.

If they take lounge away for Diamond id have to cancel some JS bookings.

Currently they're offering 20% online discount for the Harmony transatlantic in October. I'm tempted to buy it, but I haven't quite yet decided if it's something we want to do for this particular cruise. We'll have CL plus the 3 drinks loaded on our card for being D, and I guess the Diamond lounge too.

Do you recall what the discount was for Diamond members? I know it varies from ship-to-ship, but just curious.

Diamond discount was 30%, D+ was 40%, PC was 50%.

I like a nice glass or two of wine before dinner. I also agree with others who have posted that they treasure the lounge access because they enjoy getting to know people in the lounge(s).

I have not found it easy to strike up conversations in the other bars on the ship. Most of the seating is for smallish groups and there are often plenty of spare tables so it feels strange to join someone else. Traditional dining at a large table and craft classes are another place where friendships/connections can be made. But by far the easiest for me is striking up a conversation in a DL or CL.

When I first read this, I thought I had written it. Agree 100% The lounges are conducive to making new friends. Sitting at a bar doesn't do it for me, nor does a large dining room table where you can be stuck with folks whose company you don't enjoy.

It's official, the Brilliance will be changing the CL to Suites Lounge on May 14, 2016. This is right after the TA and the Chartered cruise. No one (officers) on the ship is trying to hide or deflect this fact anymore.

That's the CL I will miss having access to. We liked sitting at the bar in there;)

I doubt Enchantment will do it any time soon. Maybe once she settles into Miami. So you are on her last trip from PC or the first Miami? I was hoping to get one more shot of her sailing away

You doubt wrong..they have offered it since Feb 19th.

Micky is in the Pub right now..his wife is in the R bar.

You doubt wrong..they have offered it since Feb 19th.

Micky is in the Pub right now..his wife is in the R bar.

wasn't available on April 1 voyage. I asked the concierge about it. Maybe i forgot to wink

The new rule offers no enticement for becoming D+

You are correct. Not enough special D+ benefits to crave changing from a D to a D+. I have been in the CL for the last 40 RCI cruises, and now feel put back to what I achieved 12 years ago. I think RCI will now have a large group of D+ who use the lounges attacking the DL. With the growth of D and D+, if I was a D I could see where they will be kicking me out of the DL in the near future. This is all inevitable. Maybe in five years the PC will be kicked out of the SL. Remember it is not called a PL.

I have several friends that are suite guests that I sail with, and we will not be able to socialize as much with them in the future. These are people we coordinate cruises with. two couples are not D. Not good. H

Edited by tallcva3344

It's official, the Brilliance will be changing the CL to Suites Lounge on May 14, 2016. This is right after the TA and the Chartered cruise. No one (officers) on the ship is trying to hide or deflect this fact anymore.

We will be on the transatlantic, so for now, we'll be allowed into both DL & CL.:) I enjoyed both lounges in January, and that was one reason we booked the TA. Hope to be pinnacle by year's end, so won't be missing many CLs or SLs.:rolleyes:

We will be on the transatlantic, so for now, we'll be allowed into both DL & CL.:) I enjoyed both lounges in January, and that was one reason we booked the TA. Hope to be pinnacle by year's end, so won't be missing many CLs or SLs.:rolleyes:

Ricardo Mock will be in the DL, Charmaine in the CL. Both great people.

Maybe it is a good reason for more D, D+ and P to come down under :) We have had fab service on a couple of cruises to NZ from both the concierge and DL concierge.

Planning on doing just that :D just as soon as they release the new schedule :confused:

I've been very tempted to book Celebrity since their itineraries have been out for some time now. I'm just wanting to see what Royal will offer.

wasn't available on April 1 voyage. I asked the concierge about it. Maybe i forgot to wink

The concierge may not know, but my good friend LT has been getting it since Feb 19th..

He is sitting with me now ...he has photo proof of his receipts.

Where is it written that you must (or forced) go to the lounges....it's clear you don't value this perk, but for the people that do (US) it's quite an amazing one. There is nothing like entering that lounge on the first night just after the safety drill to see how many past cruisers are on your sailing...its awesome! We have the best times in the lounges...and yes we are those ones that are always in a large groups taking up a lot of the lounge.

Anytime RC asks us what's your favorite perk....DL/CL. It's the best perk I have ever been offered by any loyalty program. Just my 2 cents

HAHAHA. I read this post and was going to comment then saw who it was written by. A couple I rate very highly that I had the great pleasure to meet in the lounge.

I love the concierge lounge. It is my favourite place. Not for the one or two beverages and soft drinks I have up there, but for the opportunity to meet people, and to catch up with people I met last time, and to spend time with them each night. And for the large "gang" you have by the end of the cruise.

The lounge really is the best perk EVER!

Raina

The concierge may not know, but my good friend LT has been getting it since Feb 19th..

He is sitting with me now ...he has photo proof of his receipts.

Oh well, no biggie, the Enchantment and I have parted company for the foreseeable future. Can you ask LT who we should be asking about this when we can't find the right person to ask. Freedom coming up in August :D

Oh well, no biggie, the Enchantment and I have parted company for the foreseeable future. Can you ask LT who we should be asking about this when we can't find the right person to ask. Freedom coming up in August :D

Beverage Manager is always a good start.

I agree, the best CLs are in the old Hollywood Odyssey.

Any word on Jewel? will her new lounge be a CL or a SL?

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise