what would you do- concierge balcony vs. regular balcony on equinox

tommy47

I was going to book an ocean balcony room 1b catagory in the middle of the ship on deck 9 promenade deck. the travel agent told me I could get a special upgrade to a c3 level which is a concierge balcony room. the room as a special offering would be a total of 40.00 less. the room is located in the aft of the ship but in a good location. it is not to far from the elevators but far enough that it would not be a problem.it is not all the way down near the end of the ship. the big difference is that there are inside rooms across from this room where as the other original room has no rooms across from it. the perks of the concierge are okay but nothing great. what would you do? do people that have had inside rooms across find it noisy or are these rooms well insulated so it wont bother you? thank you

I'd take the Concierge room, for sure!

Most cabins on any ship have other cabins across the hall from them.

You won't even know anyone is there. You are more likely to hear the people on either side or above you!

The better cabin location, along with preferred boarding, embarkation lunch in the dining room made the Concierge cabin the choice for us!

:)

Edited by NEW 2 CRUISIN

Take it! As said before, you get the additional 2 captains club points per night, the embarkation luncheon, the priority boarding, as well as expedited luggage delivery, and expanded room service menu, nicer robes, bottle of bubbly and daily hors d'oeuvres deliveries, pillow menu, use of binoculars and umbrella, nicer tote bag, separate debarkation lounge with continental breakfast, fruit, upgraded bath amenities, for $40 less in a location you like. The rooms across from you won't be an issue, we've never heard anyone across. You're just as likely to hear other passengers walking down a hallway as you are to hear anyone across from you.

Like the others have said, Take it. Less money and extra points is a good deal. There are some extra CC perks like the embarkation lunch, fresh fruit and flowers but they really do not amount to much. As far as having a room across the hall, been there, done that and never had a problem with any kind of noise.

I was going to book an ocean balcony room 1b catagory in the middle of the ship on deck 9 promenade deck. the travel agent told me I could get a special upgrade to a c3 level which is a concierge balcony room. the room as a special offering would be a total of 40.00 less. the room is located in the aft of the ship but in a good location. it is not to far from the elevators but far enough that it would not be a problem.it is not all the way down near the end of the ship. the big difference is that there are inside rooms across from this room where as the other original room has no rooms across from it. the perks of the concierge are okay but nothing great. what would you do? do people that have had inside rooms across find it noisy or are these rooms well insulated so it wont bother you? thank you

Go for it. I was on the summit with same type of room. Don't get the extra points but you get the spa steam bath and have a special dinner. You will enjoy it!!

For a small amount like this I'd take it, but not for much more. The only thing we really appreciate with Concierge. cabins are the footstools on the balcony and the extra points. None of the rest made any difference to us.

I was excited about the pillow menu, but it was limited and the kind I wanted wasn't included.

For a small amount like this I'd take it, but not for much more. The only thing we really appreciate with Concierge. cabins are the footstools on the balcony and the extra points. None of the rest made any difference to us.

I was excited about the pillow menu, but it was limited and the kind I wanted wasn't included.

But it is $40 less -- only caveat was location of individual cabin. Here it really has to be a good deal?

But it is $40 less -- only caveat was location of individual cabin. Here it really has to be a good deal?

Oops--misread the post, thought it was $40 more. The location would not be an issue for me, so then I would probably do it.

M-class ships, the balcony cabins are slightly smaller than dealing concierge class ships. The first ship we took concierge was because of this fact. On a 15 night we thought we'd like the extra room.

On our last cruise, some of our family booked Concierge and some (like me) booked Balcony. The Concierge price was just slightly higher, but I read the difference here and seems like it was not worth the $100 or so difference. Now we are back, I wish I have booked Concierge. I noticed all the people in Concierge gets better/faster services at the MDR. I think their table has the more experienced waiter. They have an extra nicerTote bag on top of the regular tote that looks more like a reusable grocery bag. They also get their own waiting area instead of the Theatre for debarkation. Oh and their seapass looks cooler in gold color. :p

. I noticed all the people in Concierge gets better/faster services at the MDR. I think their table has the more experienced waiter.. :p

No, MDR service isn't related to concierge room passengers. What you might have observed is a section served by a more efficient server. But you would find concierge cruisers served by all the waitstaff... Not " all the people in concierge" with the best servers.

Best bet if you want faster service is to let your server know you want it.

I would take the concierge....on boarding day you will be invited to the MDR for sit down lunch rather than fighting the mob scene at the buffet. The afternoon snacks are not worth it, but it's actually costing you less so I don't see why you wouldn't take it....you'll get slightly priority boarding and your room will be the same size. We always take concierge if we can and you won't even notice the inside cabins...and the extra points add up fast...

Location, location, location. Also, size of balcony is a good consideration and points if you want to move up quicker for extra perks. All of these things are subjective, but important to some of us!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our TA offered a similar promotion (group rate) and was able to get the captain's club free upgrade to a C2 on the hump.

Yes take it. And if you can get a C2 that would be great. C2 cabins on deck 12 on the angle are great. I'm constantly looking on Celebrity website or another website that shows what cabins are available. I looked at deck 9. Take the cabin and try and move to the port side. The insides open on the starboard side. On the down side I have had inside cabins across from us. Parents putting kids across in the inside cabins and having children running up and down the hall in the evening.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Forums mobile app