Do they even have proof readers?

alwaysfrantic

From the website regarding the

7 DAY ELITE SIGNATURE BEVERAGE PACKAGE

......... You get a Freestyle Coca-Cola cup to enjoy 100+ refreshing Coca-Cola flavors. ..........The package excludes Freestyle Coca-Cola ........

I have noticed, with computer and templates... proofreading is badly needed....in this world.

They really needed some proof readers to help the person that did the daily what is going on where and when publication on our last 2 cruises. When I can find the mistakes they are really bad.;)

I don't think there are proof readers left anywhere.

My mother worked for a newspaper. And once computers were introduced, the proof readers lost their jobs. They thought word check/word spell was good enough. But that doesn't check for typo errors like "100+".

You just found one :D. I'm freelance and there are quite a few of us still around ...

......... You get a Freestyle Coca-Cola cup to enjoy 100+ refreshing Coca-Cola flavors. ..........The package excludes Freestyle Coca-Cola ........

What's the URL for the page? I found similar verbiage, but it talked about Freestyle Coke being excluded on the ships that don't have the Freestyle machines.

What's the URL for the page? I found similar verbiage, but it talked about Freestyle Coke being excluded on the ships that don't have the Freestyle machines.

It was just on the drinks I could purchase in advance for my Noordam cruise. https://book2.hollandamerica.com/secondaryFlow/beverages/beveragesDetail/1788

Enjoy beverages including wine, beer, spirits, cocktails, non-alcoholic beverages, sodas under $15. You get a Freestyle Coca-Cola cup to enjoy 100+ refreshing Coca-Cola flavors. A 15% service charge will be automatically applied to your purchase. The Elite Beverage Package must be purchased for the entire duration of the voyage. All adults over 21 years old booked in the same stateroom must also purchase the package. The package has a daily limit of 15 beverages, which includes all beverages with a menu price of $15 or less. The package excludes purchases made in the Mini Bar, Chocolate Seduction, In-Room Dining, beverages purchased on Half Moon Cay, Freestyle Coca-Cola and any self-service draft beer. Packages are non-transferable or refundable. No sharing is permitted. Participants may order only one drink at a time and must be 21 years or older. Beverage Management reserves the right to evoke the package if misused and reserves the right to refuse service for any reason, including refusing service of alcoholic beverages to intoxicated guests.

On a HAL cruise several years ago from Montreal to Ft Lauderdale, one of the Daily Programs stated,

"Today we will sail along the East Coast of the US and should be passing just east of North & South Dakota"

Proof Read. Heck know. I hope HAL brought along a Hubbell Telescope so we could view Mt Rustmore :)

Carolina, probably.

Correct. Of course it should have been North & South Carolina.

Another mistake was on the MDR menu seven years ago on a South Pacific.

An appetizer that should have said stuffed mushrooms with crabmeat said,

"Stuff mushrooms with crapmeat" :o

On either Cunard or HAL's website, I once saw an itinerary for a Canada/New England cruise with these ports:

Quebec City

Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island

Sydney, Australia

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Bar Harbor, Maine

Wow! Did passengers get a R/T plane ride to Sydney, sandwiched in between Charlottetown and Halifax??? And all for the price of one cruise!

HAL giveth ....and HAL taketh away. LOL:D

Correct. Of course it should have been North & South Carolina.

Another mistake was on the MDR menu seven years ago on a South Pacific.

An appetizer that should have said stuffed mushrooms with crabmeat said,

"Stuff mushrooms with crapmeat" :o

Well maybe they were just being honest? :D

Well maybe they were just being honest? :D

Well, now I will tell you the rest of the story in a Paul Harvey way.

The appetizer of mushrooms stuffed with crabmeat was actually a winning recipe by a passenger (frequently posts on the CC; will not name so I may protect the innocent) on the ship in 2010. The mistake caused quite a buzz around the ship.

Now two years later we were on the VoV in July 2012 and I ran into the Chief Chef, who was the same Chief Chef 2 years ago when the mistake was made. I asked what happened. He told me that the crew knew about the spelling error of crabmeat to crapmeat but did not change it. He further stated to me that he got his butt chewed out over the mistake.

And that's the rest of the story.