Blu dress code question

forceten

First cruise coming up and we have a question for all of you people in the know :D

I know blu is smart casual all cruise long for dinner............. And I did a search for breakfast. Whats the rules for blu in the morning? Jeans ok? Shorts ok? Sneakers ok? Sandals or flip flops ok?

I think in my search I saw nice shorts are ok - just making sure. But what about the rest? Wasn't sure how dressed up we had to get for breakfast.

First cruise coming up and we have a question for all of you people in the know :D

I know blu is smart casual all cruise long for dinner............. And I did a search for breakfast. Whats the rules for blu in the morning? Jeans ok? Shorts ok? Sneakers ok? Sandals or flip flops ok?

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Relax and enjoy your breakfasts in Blu.

They are very nice. :)

I will add, however, that on formal nights many people will step it up a notch or two in Blu, just because they want to blend in a bit more with the general ambiance of the ship. You will see a bit of sparkle and some jackets, some ties, but smart casual is the majority.

In the morning we normally are in our clothes for the day - shorts, capris, tees - either going off the ship into port or hanging out on sea day.

And another nice thing about Blu on formal nights - no napkin waving or parade of wait staff winding around the tables.

I will add, however, that on formal nights many people will step it up a notch or two in Blu, just because they want to blend in a bit more with the general ambiance of the ship. You will see a bit of sparkle and some jackets, some ties, but smart casual is the majority.

In the morning we normally are in our clothes for the day - shorts, capris, tees - either going off the ship into port or hanging out on sea day.

And another nice thing about Blu on formal nights - no napkin waving or parade of wait staff winding around the tables.

I will second this, we wore smart casual in Blu on one of the formal nights and felt slightly underdressed.

For breakfast we just wore what we were going out for the day in. Shorts, tshirts etc.

I think in my search I saw nice shorts are ok - just making sure. But what about the rest? Wasn't sure how dressed up we had to get for breakfast.

Blu(and all the specialty rest.)has a "smart casual code during all dinner times. Shorts are NOT permited in any rest. at night. During the day shorts are fine. Flipflops are not at any time in any rest.This includes the Oceanview Cafe. Flip flops can be a slip hazard. Jeans & shorts & sneakers are fine anywhere during the day. Though you'll look out of place without a sport coat & tie on formal nights(you may get turned away from the MDR)A nice pair of dress(or nice khaki style) pants & dress shirt(not polo style)is fine on ALL smart casual nights & fine in the specialty rest. at any time.

Blu(and all the specialty rest.)has a "smart casual code during all dinner times. Shorts are NOT permited in any rest. at night. During the day shorts are fine. Flipflops are not at any time in any rest.This includes the Oceanview Cafe. Flip flops can be a slip hazard. Jeans & shorts & sneakers are fine anywhere during the day. Though you'll look out of place without a sport coat & tie on formal nights(you may get turned away from the MDR)A nice pair of dress(or nice khaki style) pants & dress shirt(not polo style)is fine on ALL smart casual nights & fine in the specialty rest. at any time.

Hi,

Not sure where you got the info that I bolded in your post...reference flip-flops...and polo shirts...but it certainly is not accurate info on Celebrity...flip-flops are certainly allowed and quite common in the Oceanview anytime of day/night...and Polo Shirts are very acceptable in the Specialty Restaurants and the MDR on Smart Casual and above nights.

Enjoy

Woody

Did Aqua Class/Blu on both Reflection and Summit. For breakfast, we wore shorts, tees, and whatever shoes we were wearing to port or for whatever we were doing after breakfast. Often for me that was flip flops - no problem.

For dinner, smart casual, but yes as someone else said on formal nights people often dressed up. My husband brought slacks and a button down shirt for formal and he was in the minority. Most guys wore suits. He was fine with it and preferred that to bringing a jacket, but just wanted to warn you.

We always dress up on Formal nights, even in Blu.

We would not go to Blu again in less than formal on formal night. We both felt slightly awkward, only our feelings, no one said anything. It was just that every other person was dressed to the nines! Felt like Del Boy at the wake in his fancy dress costume!!

Hi,

Not sure where you got the info that I bolded in your post...reference flip-flops...and polo shirts...but it certainly is not accurate info on Celebrity...flip-flops are certainly allowed and quite common in the Oceanview anytime of day/night...and Polo Shirts are very acceptable in the Specialty Restaurants and the MDR on Smart Casual and above nights.

Enjoy

Woody

Hi Woody:)...was wondering the same thing:confused:..people, (guys and gals)

are in flip flops, slides. thong (sandals;)) every day. Where has

it ever been said they are not allowed? Not in the Oceanview? OMG...

that is the buffet...not sure where Keith got that information:eek:

I wear flip flops to the Oceanview Cafe never had a problem.

Me either. During the day on a Caribbean Cruise? I would guess (just

a guess) that 90% of the people are in a flip flop, slide, or some sort

of sandal...whatever type you want to call it. To say they can't go

to the buffet? Not happening:eek:

I will second this, we wore smart casual in Blu on one of the formal nights and felt slightly underdressed.

For breakfast we just wore what we were going out for the day in. Shorts, tshirts etc.

When I book Aqua Class I dont bring a suit or tux on the cruise. I might wear blue jeans or colored jeans on any night. The dress code and dine when you want are the 2 best things about Blu. Richard

No flip flops? Polo shirts not fine on smart casual nights?

Do you just randomly make up these statements?

No problem with flip-flops, a lot of people wear them at the pool and in the Oceanview. You don't need formal wear in Blue, but a lot of people dress up anyway, especial when you go to a show on formal night. On smart casual nights a polo with collar and chinos are appropriate in Blue. Haven't seen a lot of jeans at dinner and never seen anybody in shorts in the evening ( but we have never had dinner at the buffet).

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I guess it depends on where you are sailing. We mostly sail in the caribbean and most men will wear a suit on formal noghts and I don't know why. I walk ino Blu wearing my jacket, sit down, and remove it because it gets rather too warm or hot and it appears as if many others do the same. Immediately after dinner I go to the cabin to change into more comfortable clothing as I don't need to wear a suit to sit in a dark theater, a dark lounge or attend a pool party.

For breakfast it usually is whatever they are wearing for the day. Havent seen any wearing tanks or swim suits.

Just my opinion and that doesn't count or mean anything.

Edited by miched

Thanks guys, we don't mind dressing up for dinner, but we were hoping breakfast could be just casual clothing :)

As always CC people have all the answers to most any cruise question you can think of :D

Yes, both the right ones and the wrong ones!

When we book Aqua, which is all we book now, I don't even take a suit. Save on luggage weight. It doesn't make a difference where you sail, always smart casual. Don't listen to posters that say you have to go formal. It is your call.

Breakfast t-shirt, shorts, sandals are fine.

Edited by ozark74

We dined in Blu on this last cruise and to us it seemed that many, if not most, went the formal route on formal night. However, no one was compelled to dress formally.

Both my husband and myself decided if we ever do Aqua again we're not going to bring formal clothes. We almost didn't pack them this time and definitely won't next time.

Edited by 4cats4me

We sailed in Aqua Class on the Solstice about a 6 months ago and didn't bother to take formal clothing. While we were underdressed for formal nights (yes, some still did dress to the nines), they didn't bat an eye. We wore nice jeans and sandals -- mine being a flip flop style but not like you would find on the beach -- and my DH wore polo style or Hawaiian style shirts for dinner. Breakfast was much more casual with tennis shoes and t-shirts -- never had on shorts as we were up in Alaska -- but nobody was dressed really formally during breakfast -- so fit right in.

I wish I could afford the Aqua Class everytime -- it really is something special but my favorite part about it was not having to take any formal clothes. To each his own -- it appeared most people did dress quite nicely for dinner in Blu - they didn't ruin my dinner, though. :D I am hoping I didn't ruin theirs.

I've been on 5 or 6 Blu cruises and never more than half wore ties on formal night. The dress code is country club casual every night and I would not be intimidated by those who wish to impose their preferences. Why what folks wear that is within the dress code matters to any one is beyond me.

.... I would not be intimidated by those who wish to impose their preferences. Why what folks wear that is within the dress code matters to any one is beyond me.

Very well said! Now we have a member of the Clothes Police telling folks that they cannot wear flip flops at any time in any restaurant. Where they come up with these ideas is beyond me!