speciality restaurant and jeans?

mom2tjanddj

Are jeans okay in all specialty restaurants on the Equinox? Sailing to the Caribbean.

Thank you!

We usually eat in a specialty restaurant the first night of a cruise and my husband and son both wear black jeans with either a polo shirt or a button down without a problem.

Jeans are acceptable even in the MDR now.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What are considered nice beside not including torn jeans. Overpriced designer jeans that coat 100s of $$$$?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Forums mobile app

My husband has one pair of cream coloured jeans that cost him over $100, but the majority of his jeans are Lee Jeans averaging $17.00 :) I know he will feel more comfortable in his Lees than his Ralph Laurens!! So will he be frowned upon :rolleyes: Me well I'm an American Eagle girl!!

What are considered nice beside not including torn jeans. Overpriced designer jeans that coat 100s of $$$$?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Forums mobile app

There is a line of designer jeans that absolutely boggles the mind. At $425 per pair, anyone buying a pair is just nuts. These are available at Nordstrom.

cn01t__1_-mp4-filepart_5.jpg?w=650

https://www.geekwire.com/2017/hey-fancy-pants-425-nordstrom-jeans-fake-mud-will-make-look-like-harder-worker/

Yes, these are real "designer" jeans. The company that sells these has entire line of imitation dirt covered clothing available, all for hundreds of dollars each. Just proves that for some people, having money doesn't have any relationship to having any common sense.

There is a line of designer jeans that absolutely boggles the mind. At $425 per pair, anyone buying a pair is just nuts. These are available at Nordstrom.

https://www.geekwire.com/2017/hey-fancy-pants-425-nordstrom-jeans-fake-mud-will-make-look-like-harder-worker/

Yes, these are real "designer" jeans. The company that sells these has entire line of imitation dirt covered clothing available, all for hundreds of dollars each. Just proves that for some people, having money doesn't have any relationship to having any common sense.

This is for rich people who want to feel down to Earth. :)

I wear designer Kirklands. No one ever batted an eye.

Same here, jeans don't see my suitcase on a Caribbean cruise but I wore my Kirkland's on my Alaska cruise. Put on a shirt over the tag and you can't tell the difference.

New Celebrity Cruisers......Modern Luxury!

I wear designer Kirklands. No one ever batted an eye.

Same here, jeans don't see my suitcase on a Caribbean cruise but I wore my Kirkland's on my Alaska cruise. Put on a shirt over the tag and you can't tell the difference.

They call Carnival theWalmart of the Seas. So now is Celebrity the Costco of the Seas!:confused:

I wouldn't be caught dead wearing Kirkland jeans to a specialty restaurant on a Celebrity cruise.:mad:

I wear only Le Kirkland's, They're French! Crafted in Saint-Louis-du-Ha! Ha!, Québec!

:)

Im not happy about this at all.

When I call someone out to the Maitre D for wearing those dirty jeans and he pulls out a Nordstrom receipt for $425 thats going to make me in my $75 Tux look a jerk.....just saying.

This is for rich people who want to feel down to Earth. :)

Ha ha! No rips or tears so maybe! Seriously I'm from Florida and I always were my nice jeans at night. AC is always blasting in the restaurants. They are not heavy denim.

Are jeans okay in all specialty restaurants on the Equinox? Sailing to the Caribbean.

Thank you!

Yes, jeans are okay in all specialty restaurants(really in any restaurant on the ship), as long as they have no rips, holes or tears in them, designer added or not. I've worn jeans in the Caribbean on a cruise ship, the air conditioning is blasting and I get cold very easily, so wearing jeans is very possible since most denim fabric these days is a lot thinner, not at all like the thick heavy fabric of the past.

I have a couple of pairs of jeans that I used to work on the car and do yard work. They are also stained with old paint. Maybe I should put them up for sale at $375. The idiots who buy this stuff would save $50 over the Nordstrom brand. A win-win for me and them. They even have several holes in them - no extra charge!. ;p

Yes.

Just ignore all those who judge.

Ship is fully air conditioned, jeans are no different than any other pant.

Dark denim is the more fashionable choice for evening, if you care. White is also nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Our last 2 cruises I only brought Ralph Lauren jeans for evening dining. Most nights we ate in Luminae. One night in Murano specialty restaurants. Out of the 3 men in our group, 2 wore jeans the other was in black tux and tails. I did see a guy in jeans and a t-shirt dining in Murano.

Edited by bigbenboys
spelling

• 2 months later...

Thank you!

Where what YOU feel like wearing. Anything goes.

I love wearing jeans on cruise ships. It makes me feel empowered.