Did I Get A Decent Upgrade?

mrsheppo

We are taking our first Princess cruise on the Emerald heading to Alaska on June 11. I had originally booked an IC inside cabin P244, This past week I received an email offer for $600 to upgrade to a B4 balcony E734. Did I get a good deal on this stateroom? This will be a triple occupancy for me, my husband and daughter.

We are taking our first Princess cruise on the Emerald heading to Alaska on June 11. I had originally booked an IC inside cabin P244, This past week I received an email offer for $600 to upgrade to a B4 balcony E734. Did I get a good deal on this stateroom? This will be a triple occupancy for me, my husband and daughter.

Total or PP?

E734 is a really nice balcony cabin with nice aft views from your balcony. You may hear a little noise from Club Fusion below, but Club Fusion activities end in the late evening, and do not go over night.

For your sailing as of today, a mid-forward interior cabin (guarantee) is $794 for first two persons, $299 for third person [though all insides with third or fourth berth are sold out]

While a B4 balcony (again guarantee, the two on Emerald deck both show sold) is $1894 for first two persons, $399 for third.

So assuming you are paying $600 total, your upsell is "valued" to Princess at $2300.

Ever upsell offer I have ever received has been around half of the published fare difference--so at only one quarter of the difference to move to a stern-facing balcony you hit the proverbial jackpot.

For your sailing as of today, a mid-forward interior cabin (guarantee) is $794 for first two persons, $299 for third person [though all insides with third or fourth berth are sold out]

While a B4 balcony (again guarantee, the two on Emerald deck both show sold) is $1894 for first two persons, $399 for third.

So assuming you are paying $600 total, your upsell is "valued" to Princess at $2300.

Ever upsell offer I have ever received has been around half of the published fare difference--so at only one quarter of the difference to move to a stern-facing balcony you hit the proverbial jackpot.

Yes, the total upgrade was $600. I'm excited to be able to have a balcony stateroom. I haven't told my family about upgrading. Keeping it a surprise until embarkation

Yes, the total upgrade was $600. I'm excited to be able to have a balcony stateroom. I haven't told my family about upgrading. Keeping it a surprise until embarkation

One of the better upsell offers that we have heard of. Two hundred dollars per person to move from an "inside bargain" location to what Princess considers a "premium balcony" location. Great deal. Have a great cruise.

I'm one that would not take the upgrade. I do not like the back or front of the ship as the extra motion bothers me. Does anyone in your family get sea sick easily?

They'll totally enjoy having a balcony with wake view! ENJOY! :D

Its a good deal. I wish they would do more like it (paid upgrade offers). These upgrades are far better than the complimentary (downgrades) where you get shafted into an undesirable cabin and have it called an upgrade despite all evidence indicating otherwise.

One of my favorite cabins, love aft, and pay premium for it....you got a great deal. Have a great cruise��

I'm with you. Aft facing balconies are fantastic. I don't mind the bit of vibration at all. Love the wake view. My wife would kill for that cabin. Congratulations. :)

While it's a great deal, that I would take, we usually book IC cabins to be close to the international cafe. So I like your where you started, but You will enjoy the balcony!! Always said next Alaska cruise we would have a balcony [emoji4]

I started doing mini suites with my family of 4 and it's hard when my husband says "not this time"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On Grand class ships we have been in true aft cabins on Aloha and Dolphin deck and the last cabin on the side on Emerald and Caribe deck. I agree that there is more motion forward but we have not felt more motion aft versus midships. I have motion issues and these cabins did not cause me more problems.

You will have some wake noise on your balcony. One deck up on Dolphin it was not an issue but more of a soothing sound.

Enjoy your upsell. We love the aft cabins [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Aft balcony cabins are my preferred choice for ALASKA cruises because there is less wind than on port and starboard balcony cabins, thus less cold when you are outside enjoying the views. It can happen but most Alaska cruises are in the inside passage and there is less movement. The first day and/or the last day may have more movement as it passes the western side of Vancouver Island. I think your up-sell was a great deal. Enjoy!

Good deal

I took the upsell for the same cruise we were in riviera deck far aft went to midship

caribe enjoy your room had that same area on my feb cruise to mexican riviera

My next cruise in Dec I have L102 on the regal

What a nice surprise!