Sip and Sail

welly world

We were booked on the December sailing of the Regal (I presume you are asking about Princess) but had to cancel. I want to say we booked our December 2017 cruise in early fall of last year. So if you are looking for a S&S promotion for 2018, I would say keep watching these boards, someone will eventually "leak" the dates but expect them to come out late Summer, early Fall for the 2018 dates.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I received a brochure a couple of days ago from a well known large North American agency and it was promoting an upcoming a 3 day sale with Princess in early June that included a drinks package, one free specialty dining for mini suites and above, reduced deposit. Very similar to the sip and sail promotion we booked a cruise under about this time last year except this seemed to suggest it was only 3 days. The agency was promoting it "in conjunction with Princess," but there's no way the agency in question would be throwing in drinks packages ...

Of course I mistakenly threw the brochure out :mad:

Princess has two promos going at this time. The Great Getaway Sale that runs from May 16 to June 15 and the Red, White & Blue promo which ends July 5th. Best estimate is that you will not see a Sip & Sale promo until the current ones end. Keep watching.

The last two years, it's been offered in late summer, probably August and September, something like that. Do keep looking. We had it for our British Isles cruise last year, it was a great deal, prices for the cruise went up after we booked so we weren't paying extra for the promotion.

The last two years, it's been offered in late summer, probably August and September, something like that. Do keep looking. We had it for our British Isles cruise last year, it was a great deal, prices for the cruise went up after we booked so we weren't paying extra for the promotion.

Dates from last year:

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/princess-cruises-announces-thirst-quenching-sip--sail-cruise-promotion-300288220.html

If it is offered again it will almost certainly be offered while my wife and I are on a 2 month land trip (mostly camping with a room tossed in every 4th or 5th night) through Canada and Alaska (and, of course, return to California). I won't be regularly hanging out on Cruise Critic or regularly checking the Princess site since, as stated, we will mostly be camping for two months. D'Oh! I may get lucky and find info and a cruise if the Sip and Sail is offered again. Obviously none of us here can know if the promo will be offered again and, if it is offered, if it will actually constitute "a deal". I will likely check in from time to time while on the road and, if the promo is offered and, if there is a cruise offered under said promo that we really want to jump on, I may well snag it while on the road. I can (usually) find access to make a hot spot with my phone. If not though, we ill watch for a "drop and go" for winter of 2018. We've never done one yet but then I just retired less than a year ago.

We have our next two cruises booked under the last Sip and Sail and thought it was a great deal. Prices didn't go up for that promo (Surprise!!!) and have actually gone up since we booked. One can only hope for such a good deal again. However, we won't just randomly jump on a deal without checking out pricing history to see if things have been jacked in order to offer a "deal" that isn't really a deal.

I received a brochure a couple of days ago from a well known large North American agency and it was promoting an upcoming a 3 day sale with Princess in early June that included a drinks package, one free specialty dining for mini suites and above, reduced deposit. Very similar to the sip and sail promotion we booked a cruise under about this time last year except this seemed to suggest it was only 3 days. The agency was promoting it "in conjunction with Princess," but there's no way the agency in question would be throwing in drinks packages ...

Of course I mistakenly threw the brochure out :mad:

If I remember correctly the last Sip and Sail had a promotion at the beginning that added the Specialty dining if you booked a mini suite and above for the first three days of the promotion (the rest of the promotion lasted about a month).

It sounds like they might be doing the same thing again.

If I remember correctly the last Sip and Sail had a promotion at the beginning that added the Specialty dining if you booked a mini suite and above for the first three days of the promotion (the rest of the promotion lasted about a month).

It sounds like they might be doing the same thing again.

It was the specialty dining thing that made me think this is the same sip and sail promotion. The timeline is about right because I booked a cruise on July 1st that had the sip and sail. However, last time they ran that promotion for a few weeks. This brochure seemed to indicate it was just 3 days. Unless the agency involved was only hyper promoting it for 3 days. I don't know.

I do remember the promotional dates were single digit dates for June. So in 2-3 weeks maybe?

Last year it was in June that it was offered. We got the sip & sail promo in the latter part of June 2016 for our recent European cruise. I plan to transfer my current booking to that promo as soon as it is offered. I check Princess daily. It's the best promo I saw last year. We are booked in a suite for a 2018 Alaska cruise and having free, unlimited drinks is all I really need now! :cool:

I just checked my old emails. I sent an email to my TA on June 21, 2016 asking her if I could get Sip and Sail added to my sailings. The promo had come out that day.

This matches the time frame for us too. My old emails show we received assurance from Princess on June 23 that our earlier booking would be rebooked with S&S.

Of course we managed to screw that up by canceling. But still, June is when last year's promo was offered.

Jim