Suite Class Restaurant - Luminae

InTheWASide

Wow - that looks pretty nice (all artist's renditions look a little bland to me with no people in the picture to add some colour). I wonder how comfortable those chairs will be, and how easy they will be to move.

I'm pretty excited about the gourmet chocolates and desserts cart, as well as the wine pairings; something I've never been able to pull off in the main dining room even with the premium drink package. I hope they have an adequate number of sommeliers to handle the number of people with the beverage perk, as well as those of us who get it included their suite. In the main dining room, the sommeliers always seem so busy, I don't want to take a lot of their time to try to pair wines with my course choices. It will certainly be easier if each menu item includes a suggested wine pairing (something the main dining room menus could benefit from, in my opinion).

I'll definitely report back in May once we've seen it in person.

Here's another image. This looks more like Millennium Class and the same space they used to convert from the main dining room to Blu...

luminae-carousel-460x256.jpg

Maybe it's just because I've been on so many ships, but to me this has a very similar appearance to Carnival's Fahrenheit 555 steakhouse.

9086-64191.jpg

Note: I AM NOT slamming Celebrity. I like the look of Fahrenheit 555. But with as gorgeous as Murano and the Tuscan Steakhouse and Blu are... I was just expecting something greater I guess.

Edited by InTheWASide

Thanks for including this news link. On reading the Celebrity site it was not clear how the menus would rotate, but the Cruise Industry News article indicates

"...Celebrity's dedicated team of chefs has created the new elegant menus for the venue’s complimentary breakfast, lunch and dinner - each menu item will only be featured once during a two-week cruise..."

Just ask for a cushion for your chair on the first night and asst waiter will be sure to have there the entire cruise.

I'm short as is my mom and we both need cushions to sit comfortably.

Excited to dine here - too bad not til Christmastime.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I can't figure out where you put your arms on those chairs. They look like a design that would make it easy to bang one's elbows on the edge of the chair arms.

Also the arms are level with the back of the chair, so either the back of the chiar is too low to be comfortable or the arms are too high for comfort. Perhaps you are expected to fold your hands neatly in your lap when you are not eating.

I won't ever find out for myself because we seldom sail in a suite.

Really looking forward to this in December. We will have our daughter with us who isn't that fussy but in the sample menu I couldn't see anything that she would eat. Do you think she would still be able to get her favourite French onion soup off the MDR menu?

I'm looking forward to having breakfast in there. My DH loved going to Blu for his breakfast on the Solstice as they did his poached eggs to perfection. My daughter loved the smoothies. I hope they have a similar breakfast.

If you were having an in suite dinner what menu could you order from?

Can't wait till November! It all looks and sounds wonderful. Hard to tell about the chairs. Hopefully they're better than they look. I agree, a cushion in the back will likely be a big help for me.

As in Blu, I think some of the descriptions of the food sound way more complicated and frou frou than they are in reality. MAINE lobster - now THAT will be a treat! I never get that warm water lobster they serve on board.