Favorite Itinerary

what is your favorite itinerary or port of call? looking for ideas for 2018 cruise.

Best itinerary I've ever sailed...

Rome, Malta, Kotor, Dubrovnik, Naples/Amalfi Coast... all world class ports of call... and the #1 port all-time Venice, all of these on one cruise on one sailing.

Lots and lots of pics (incl excursions) here if you're interested for your research....Venice sail-in: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=44387221&highlight=venice#post44387221

The other ports of call are reviewed there as well.

Whatever you choose have a great cruise :D

Honestly, my favorite itinerary ever was not on RCI. I wanted to go to the Med with them sooo badly, but they didn't have the itinerary I wanted. In 2013, we cruised with HAL on 2 12-day BTB cruises. Hit the eastern Med first leaving Venice and stopping at Olympia, Athens, Istanbul (with an overnight!), Ephesus, Santorini, and a few others, and then back to Venice for another sailaway. Then did the western Med stopping at Dubrovnik, Naples, Rome, Florence/Pisa, Monte Carlo, and ending in Barcelona. My favorite was the eastern route as I absolutely loved Istanbul, and of course Athens and Santorini! Really wish RCI had offered the itinerary...

what is your favorite itinerary or port of call? looking for ideas for 2018 cruise.

Itinerary: Alaska. We go every 10 years. 2018 is our next one. Maybe we'll see you there.

Port of Call: Victoria, BC. Quebec City would be 2nd. To be truthful, every Canadian port I've visited has been enjoyable.

Port of (Dis)embarkation: Copenhagen. Fantastic city to spend time in before or after a cruise, and spending a day doing the 'around the sound' loop (Copenhagen-Helsingor-Helsingborg-Malmo-back to Copenhagen) is worth every minute.

Favorite is the 12 nite Mediterranean form Barcelona that includes a night stay in Venice. On the Carib side I love Aruba and Curacao port of calls. Scheduled Navigator 9 nites in Feb. '17 which will visit all of the ABC islands. Never been to Bonaire and looking forward.

Southern Caribbean out of San Juan. Port-intensive and a great escape from winter in the Northeast.

Favorite ports...wow, difficult to choose. I really like nearly all the southern ports. I would say:

• Dominica
  • St. Kitts
  • St. Thomas (in order to ferry over to St. John)

I prefer the less developed ports of call to the highly touristy ones. I'm not a fan of Barbados, although there are some great water-based excursions. (I recently enjoyed Calabaza Catamaran.) I find Aruba too touristy in the developed areas and otherwise too barren/desert-like. Not a favorite for me, but many people LOVE it. I also really enjoyed Roatan, in the western Caribbean. I avoid cruises to "private islands" because they are not authentic. They're just manufactured resorts, not actual islands or countries. I visited Labadee once, before it had a roller coaster and all the other additions. It was beautiful, but I prefer ports where I can learn about and experience the culture on the island.

Edited by printingchick

I did like Nassau, St Thomas, San Juan and Labadee, but that was my first time in Nassau and Royal doesn't do Labadee on an Eastern itinerary. (Why they picked up the entire island of Hisapanola and moved it West, I'll never know)