SKY Suite Rant

ProfessorEFFE

First of all Celebrity is hands down my favorite Cruise line bar none. That being said. Why does Celebrity call the Sky Suite a Suite? Ok it has a Butler, but it seems to be the "Black Sheep" of the Suite family. It's NOT included in any of the Suite Perks. If you read the Celebrity 123 page they indicate that all suites have these wonderful perks. In fact If you take the hyperlink to what is defined as a Suite it shows the Sky Suite. However in small text they re-define Suites as not to include the Sky Suite. What gives here? Celebrity in my opinion you provide great service in this now declining economy and have made a great effort to give the best service and food for the buck. I love you! Why do this sneaky end around using diversion, smoke and mirrors to subtly exclude this poor cabin choice. I bet these Sky Suites are feeling left out and very sad.

Well, all of the new "suite" perks have not yet been rolled out. In April 2015, the Suite dining room should be open -- and it will be available to Sky Suite Guests. However, it does not look like Michael's Club will ever be a Sky Suite perk -- unless you're also Zenith.

Sky Suites not only have Butler service,but they also receive the Suite bath amenities. Also receive reserved seating in Theater on formal nights (okay not a big deal). What is missing is access to Michael's Club (discussed many times) and that's primarily due to the capacity of Michael's Club and the number of people in Sky Suites. Will have access to the new Suite Restaurant, lower cabin categories won't.

I am not sure what the Sky Suite Rant is all about. You get what you pay for, and the Sky Suites get plenty of extras that the other Suites get. Really all that will be missing is access to Michaels Club, and Sky Suites are less expensive than Suites which will have this access.

My best guess is $$$. Michael's certainly cannot accommodate all of the Sky Suite people (although on M class perhaps they could as there a few Sky Suites) but Celebrity is banking on people like me - who've had a Sky Suite but would like to try the upper suite experience - moving on up. We've booked a Celebrity suite for our next cruise and the cruise after that we are considering a Royal. If I could get all the suite perks in the least expensive suite - why would I pay more to get into the more expensive ones, this was a good marketing decision I think.

Edited by Jane2357

First of all Celebrity is hands down my favorite Cruise line bar none. That being said. Why does Celebrity call the Sky Suite a Suite? Ok it has a Butler, but it seems to be the "Black Sheep" of the Suite family. It's NOT included in any of the Suite Perks. If you read the Celebrity 123 page they indicate that all suites have these wonderful perks. In fact If you take the hyperlink to what is defined as a Suite it shows the Sky Suite. However in small text they re-define Suites as not to include the Sky Suite. What gives here? Celebrity in my opinion you provide great service in this now declining economy and have made a great effort to give the best service and food for the buck. I love you! Why do this sneaky end around using diversion, smoke and mirrors to subtly exclude this poor cabin choice. I bet these Sky Suites are feeling left out and very sad.

The sky suites benefit is the extra space and the nicer bathroom. We had an aft sky suite on the silhouette- it was wonderful! When the new restaurant is rolled out, it will truly be a great perk (I assume).

We also had a Celebrity Suite- that is a true suite, but the cost was very high so I do believe that we paid for the perks. On our upcoming cruise I booked a C2 and got a great rate so I didn't consider a sky suite or Celebrity Suite- I can live without Michaels and the butler- but will enjoy two weeks in Paradise!

I think you hoping sky suite gets Michael's? If crowdedness is not an obstacle maybe someday they can have a buy in option.

I actually like it this way. Balcony cabins can be small and I will still get the resturant! With less price!

The butler experience is there and if you want the full works there is always a royal suite.

We always look at the price of a sky vs the CS or RS

We like the the michaels club perk and will pay $75 per day extra for that benefit but not much more or will just buy the Booze package and enjoy the sky.

Remember you do get extra points and will get to enjoy the Suite dining after April 15

Anyways that's my take... It's an entry level Suite but not always the better value.

Thank you ALL for your reply's. I guess my point is why hide the information that a Sky Suite isn't really included in the perks. That's all. I was trying to do some tongue-in-cheek there too. If you're going to advertise all these benefits why make it difficult to figure out one is not the same as the others. I don't want anything for free that isn't really included. Basically a Sky Suite is Concierge class with a Butler and that's ok.

Will I spring for a real Suite sure if the price is right!

Again thank you ALL for your responses.

Edited by ProfessorEFFE

Having a Butler seems to be the benefit that makes a Auite a Auite. Celebrity could always remove the Butler and create a new name for the cabin category. It would certainly provide an answer to the "rant". I'm not in favor of doing that, but wonder how many would

Ike the change. Don't bet that a name change would affect the price.

We like the sky suite, its benefits and the butler just fine. No need to rename, recategorize or other wise change. The current benefits include a butler, larger room, upgraded bath & bedding, free specialty dining, afternoon tea, cappuccino and meals delivered & served by the butler, access to Blu, and dinner in the suites dining room coming April 2015.

Also coming in April there will be more perks the higher up the suite category you book, CS will not get the perks of a RS just like it is now between suite classes.

Mary Lou

From a clarity point of view, it would have been better, perhaps, to re-name those upper-end suites that qualify for Michael's Club. Since Celebrity is so fond of the same adjectives over and over (Classic, Select, Elite, Premium, Modern, Specialty) they could have made the situation as clear as the beverage package wording :):):)

Seriously, from the number of questions we see about whether suites have access to Michaels' (some do some don't) a clearer differentiation would have saved a lot of explaining.

We had an aft Sky Suite on last year's TA aboard Eclipse. Apart from the fact that we were sailing west and it did not get much direct sun, we thought it was wonderful. Plenty of space and a supremely comfortable bed. We also had an amazing butler called Alex who was by far and away the best that we have ever sailed with. Next year we are doing the autumn TA on Equinox and for the first time we have booked a Celebrity suite. We shall if we think worth the extra.

Thank you ALL for your reply's. I guess my point is why hide the information that a Sky Suite isn't really included in the perks. That's all. I was trying to do some tongue-in-cheek there too. If you're going to advertise all these benefits why make it difficult to figure out one is not the same as the others. I don't want anything for free that isn't really included. Basically a Sky Suite is Concierge class with a Butler and that's ok.

Will I spring for a real Suite sure if the price is right!

Again thank you ALL for your responses.

The Sky Suite Cabin and balcony are both 50% larger than the Concierge Class Cabin and balcony. The option to eat in Blu is also a nice feature.

I fairly certain that the only different benefit for a Celebrity Suite is access to the new Michael's Club. The problem for us is that the bedroom room in the Celebrity suite does not have a view outside and that is a show stopper for us.

The new suite dining which potentially is a significant new benefit will include the Sky Suites.

The Suites above the Celebrity Suite have some nice additional benefits and one pays a significant premium.

IMO prior to the introduction of the new suite enhancement program Celebrity was at a competitive disadvantage.

The Sky Suite Cabin and balcony are both 50% larger than the Concierge Class Cabin and balcony. The option to eat in Blu is also a nice feature.

I fairly certain that the only different benefit for a Celebrity Suite is access to the new Michael's Club. The problem for us is that the bedroom room in the Celebrity suite does not have a view outside and that is a show stopper for us.

The new suite dining which potentially is a significant new benefit will include the Sky Suites.

The Suites above the Celebrity Suite have some nice additional benefits and one pays a significant premium.

IMO prior to the introduction of the new suite enhancement program Celebrity was at a competitive disadvantage.

Having stayed in both Sky and Celebrity suites, the Celebrity suite is much nicer. First, it is large with great closet and storage. The bedroom doesn't have a window- but sleeping in a totally dark room is wonderful! The enhanced benefits are also great.

If you can afford it, try it. You will not regret it!

Aside from the butler X treats the Sky Suite pretty much the same as Royal treats the Junior Suites.........we don't book Sky Suites just because the price is usually prohibitive....if I'm going to spend that much I'll go up to a CS usually for not a lot more and get ALL the bennies.... We really like the JS on Royal ships, price is more in line with what you get than the SS is, in our opinion.....

I don't understand what the problem is....

A sky suite is just a bigger cabin with more closets and a bigger bathroom..you get access to Blu , a butler ( who cares ) and a few specialty restaurants. The best perk, far and away will be the new restaurant if it's any good and not Blu with a different name...

Michaels Club is no big deal if you have a beverage package..it's just a bar with free drinks...

The reason t book a suite, ( and I do ) , is for the extra room...

What else do you want?

Aside from the butler X treats the Sky Suite pretty much the same as Royal treats the Junior Suites.........we don't book Sky Suites just because the price is usually prohibitive....if I'm going to spend that much I'll go up to a CS usually for not a lot more and get ALL the bennies.... We really like the JS on Royal ships, price is more in line with what you get than the SS is, in our opinion.....

The CS does not get ALL the benefits, you need a Royal for that. I like Sky suites myself and ninty percent of the time the butler does something helpful to make the cruise nicer. I would rather have the latte's delivered, the seats saved can come in handy and the extra room is fabulous.

We are fans. :)

The CS does not get ALL the benefits, you need a Royal for that. I like Sky suites myself and ninty percent of the time the butler does something helpful to make the cruise nicer. I would rather have the latte's delivered, the seats saved can come in handy and the extra room is fabulous.

We are fans. :)

well the CS doesn't get the free Spec Rest, or the free bev package & free internet....but it does get Michael's Club admittance which pretty makes up for the bev package and at Elite I already get enough free internet minutes...and don't care about the Spec Rest....so it works better for us than the SS which I just think is priced too high...but nice it works for you....:)