Would you go on a surprise cruise?

denmarks

Yes

Came close to being on a Mystery cruise a few years ago. As we came out of the Panama Canal on the Pacific side, the swine flu was hitting Mexico and all 5 of our stops there were cancelled. So as our captain hunted for a couple of extra ports for us to at before getting to San Diego, he kept referring to it as "we are now doing a mystery cruise".

Well, I'd want to know the general area.....I like hot weather, so going to New England in October wouldn't thrill me....and I wouldn't want to go anywhere near the Middle East...

If they narrowed down to a general area, I don't care that much about the ports....we could adjust!

Yes!

It seems to me that one would have a general idea of the area. If sailing from the US on a two-week cruise, I'd say the odds are strongly against sailing anywhere near the Middle East. Likewise, sailing from anywhere in Europe, one most likely won't be cruising New England unless the cruise is at least three weeks long.

I would have when I traveled with my DH but not as a solo. I am newly widowed and need the comfort zone and security of information. I would not venture into a mystery cruise without knowing what air travel I would have to do and general idea of region/area we would be cruising. I would need the peace of mind to know I could manage on my own wherever I was going.

Yes! My husband needs a plan but I think even he would go for a mystery cruise.

Our friends run a travel agency that books mystery vacations for people and their business is booming. It's a really neat concept and people get to see places they might not have otherwise have chosen themselves.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Would you take a cruise where you only knew the length but not where it was going?

Yes, if somebody would pay all expenses - as I wouldn't be able to check places to visit, I would have to take ship tours. Also I'd have to know whether to pack for warm or cold weather.