English Pub on Crown

yags

We were on the Crown for 43 days in Nov/Dec '16 and I don't recall seeing the Pub at all. Watched for it in the Patter and never saw it listed.

The fare is the same (more or less) on all Princess ships.

Battered fried fish (cod?)

Battered friedshrimp

Thick cut french fries

Steak & kidney pie

Scotch egg

Ploughman's lunch

etc.

The menu rotates. So, if you have fish and scotch egg one time, the second lunch will be shrimp and kidney pie. That's if it's offered at all.

Only available at lunch.

Pub lunch is typically held only on sea days. It isn't a specific venue but usually takes place in the Wheelhouse Bar. There's no extra charge for it either so if it is being offered, give it a go. Like you we got our taste for "pub grub" over in the UK and IMHO this is a very good representation of pub fare. We like it, others don't.

It is only offered once or twice a week on sea days. When I was on the Crown they served it in the Crown Grill. They had fish and chips, bangers and mash ploughmans lunch. The second day they had scotch eggs. The food is good in my opinion and I had English parents and have been to pubs in England. It was a nice change.

Candi

We were on the Crown for 43 days in Nov/Dec '16 and I don't recall seeing the Pub at all. Watched for it in the Patter and never saw it listed.

Battered fried shrimp

Thick cut french fries

Steak & kidney pie

Scotch egg

Ploughman's lunch

etc.

The menu rotates. So, if you have fish and scotch egg one time, the second lunch will be shrimp and kidney pie. That's if it's offered at all.

Only available at lunch.

There is usually Bangers and Mash as well.

I have yet to actually see the shrimp offered. I've looked every time but so far it hasn't been available on any of our cruises.

I enjoy typical English comfort food served in their pubs. What's the food like in the Crown English Pub? is it worth a trip for lunch or dinner?
I had it on the Crown, Wheelhouse Bar, ordered the fish and chips and it was totally soggy. Maybe a bad day? Other reviews are positive.

It is often not very obvious in the Patter. It is not with the dining part on the back page. It is listed on the inside where all the daily activities are listed. Easy to miss seeing it. Look in the 11 AM to Noon section to find if it is offered that sea day.

Battered friedshrimp

Thick cut french fries

Steak & kidney pie

Scotch egg

Ploughman's lunch

etc.

Only available at lunch.

We were on the Crown for 31 days (December 4, 2016 - January 4, 2017) on a B2b where the Pub Lunch was offered a number of times in the Crown Grill. It was listed in the Patter plus they put out a table with the menu and the beer selections in front of the Crown Grill in the morning.

We were on the Crown for 31 days (December 4, 2016 - January 4, 2017) on a B2b where the Pub Lunch was offered a number of times in the Crown Grill. It was listed in the Patter plus they put out a table with the menu and the beer selections in front of the Crown Grill in the morning.

We sailed the Crown to Hawaii after your cruise & during 9 sea days it was only available in the Crown Grill twice which is less often than on other cruises & maybe it's another cutback.

Our fish & prawns with chips were good this time but our experiences have been that preparation & service will vary.

The same thing was done on the Emerald last May. It was just at the Wheelhouse Bar though

We all had the shrimp & chips it was really good. This was the first time It was on the Pub Lunch menu for me.

Someone said they had fish,shrimp & chips. I did not know you could order that. Next time for sure. :)

Tony