barcelona hotels

steelhead1

We will be in Barcelona for 4 days prior to our TA cruise. Having never been to Barcelona we are looking for suggestions on hotels. Convienient to the cruise port and the sights around Barcelona

There is a LOT of info on this board re BCN hotels...just put hotels in Bsarcelona in the search function and be prepared to read.If you still have a question I would put you price point into the question as well.

We twice have stayed at the Hotel Jazz, which is right by an airport express bus stop, about 10 minutes walk to Placa Catalunya and the Gothic quarter and with nice modern rooms. In good weather, the rooftop swimming pool and nice lounge area provides a wonderful break from hot sightseeing. Check it out on sister website tripadvisor, where it perenially ranks near the top. Also mid-price range for Barcelona hotels.

The cruiseport is very close, probably a 15-minute taxi ride away.

Edited by CintiPam

• 2 weeks later...

We stayed at the Hotel Continental, very affordable and close to the Hop on Hop off bus and a 15 minute taxi ride from the airport and again to the port.

I booked directly with them on their web site and got the best deal that way plus when we arrived I mentioned that I read about them in the Rick Steve's tour book and they gave me another discount!

I also got a lot of advice from Trip Advisor for hotel and others ideas in and around Barcelona so check them out too!

Two years ago we stayed at Avienda Palace Hotel - loved the location - beautiful area. However didn't find the staff very friendly or helpful. Three weeks ago we stayed at Hotel Jazz. Good location and wonderful rooftop pool and bar. Would definitely stay again.

• 2 weeks later...

HI all!

Another vote here for Hotel Continental Barcelona! Sure it's a quirky place with pink rooms but it does have free food/drinks & the location can't be beat! It's about a 5 minute walk from Placa Catalunya where the airport bus comes & also the HOHO buses. It's right on the Ramblas & affordable.

I'm planning to stay there again next Dec. when I take the Epic.

~ Jo ~ :)

We will be in Barcelona for 4 days prior to our TA cruise. Having never been to Barcelona we are looking for suggestions on hotels. Convienient to the cruise port and the sights around Barcelona

Hi, my DW and I stayed in the Melia Barcelona in the Eixample area this August pre-cruise. We had a wonderful time, the hotel and staff were great. Barcelona is one of our favorite cities. Have a great time.

Cheers,

Aaron

My DW and I stayed at the NH Barcelona Centro pre-cruise at the beginning of October. It's on a quiet little street in the Gothic Quarter less than 5 minutes from Las Rambla and just a few minutes more to the Placa Catalunya. Staff was friendly, spoke English and the room we had was clean and comfortable.

Joe

From my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition

Sixtytwo Hotel just north of where Ramblas meets the Plaza. Brilliant Hotel and location. Have to say that transfer to cruise ship was easiest and quickest ever done. From getting a cab outside Hotel, we got dropped 3 metres from baggage checkin . Less than 15 minute cab ride. Got to Port about 11.30am and onboard within another 10 minutes. Less than 30 mins. from Hotel to having lunch on Celebrity Equinox. Couldnt wish for better than that.

The Casa Camper is the ONLY place we'll stay in Barcelona! Check it out on TripAdvisor.

IMO that hotel is overpriced for what it is and where it is. It is even more expensive than Hotel 1898 and the 5 star Grand Marina Hotel.

• 2 weeks later...

My family and I just stayed at the Hilton Diagonal Mar this summer. It was a great location, near the beach and a great shopping center is across the street with a grocery store and lots of cheap food options. I booked in advance and got a great deal on a junior suite (with connecting twin room as we are five people) that included breakfast and Wifi. We could see the Mediterranean and the top of the Sagrada Familia from our room. There was a HOHO bus stop nearby to go see the sights, and always taxi's waiting out front. We ate lunch at the hotel restaurant out by the pool and it was good and not too pricey. When we left for the airport the next morning the doorman arranged a taxi for us (the ones out front hold up to three people so we needed a minivan) and it was 20 minutes to the airport. Coming from the cruise port previously, it was only about a 10 minute drive to the hotel.

Last month pre-cruise we stayed at Le Meridien, just off Ramblas, 1 block from Boqueria. Location is great, hotel stinks. Rooms are dark and poorly furnished - even after a recent refurbishing - the bathrooms were updated but dust and poor lighting and cramped space. We would not return. Used Starwood points - a freebie - but the Meridien is not worth it.

On a prior visit, we enjoyed the Hotel Colon. Just across from the Cathedral, the location is also great but staff and rooms are lovely, prices reasonable & its very atmospheric. Several others on our cruise voiced great happiness at having stayed at the Colon last month.

Does one hear Cathedral bells? We stayed at the Colon a number of decades ago, and really liked the hotel. But we're noise freaks and found the bell ringing (including late at night) quite disturbing. We like to go to bed early (oh, those late Spanish dinners-- not for us!) and we found that we missed a lot of sleep. Perhaps there's been a change in bell schedule?

Agreed, you have a good point about the bells. I sleep with earplugs but it did have an impact with our room facing the Cathedral. On the other hand, charm-location-ease of convenience to the major sites and on a pedestrian only plaza might compensate.