Loyal to Royal???

I see this term all the time on here. What makes you loyal to Royal? I will never be loyal to any business. I have never seen a check made out to me from RC so my loyalty is to my wallet. If RC has the best cruise for the money that is where you will find me. I hear many folks complaining about RC and still cruise with them? Why are you loyal if complaining? I do not understand the loyalty so am wondering what makes you loyal?

Edited by screamin400

For the most part I am loyal to Royal. Perhaps because I have never had a really bad experience. Sometimes things have not been perfect, but I have found that complaining or asking for resolution in a fair manner has resulted in things being put right, an apology, or some form of compensation.

I tend to think that all the major lines can have faults. If you do your research you will find the same complaints on all boards of the various cruise lines. The same with pricing.......so many things to consider that often make things more the same than different.

I do like the loyalty program. I have yet to find a solid reason to "jump ship." I tend to accept that things change. I might not always like the changes but I can adapt. There have been a lot of changes since my first cruise in the early 1990's.

Edited by PMcC1998

For the most part I am loyal to Royal. Perhaps because I have never had a really bad experience. Sometimes things have not been perfect, but I have found that complaining or asking for resolution in a fair manner has resulted in things being put right, an apology, or some form of compensation.

I tend to think that all the major lines can have faults. If you do your research you will find the same complaints on all boards of the various cruise lines. The same with pricing.......so many things to consider that often make things more the same than different.

I do like the loyalty program. I have yet to find a solid reason to "jump ship." I tend to accept that things change. I might not always like the changes but I can adapt. There have been a lot of changes since my first cruise in the early 1990's.

Makes sense to me. I see people complain and complain and then say they are loyal. Why? I have never had a bad cruise. Some have been better than others but I am not afraid to try a diff. brand. Competition is good for all of us.

I think I am more loyal to Port Canaveral and Royal has two greetings ships there. That being said, we have enough cruises to get some nice benefits, so Royal should remain our go to line

I have mainly cruised Disney but am open to some other lines (there are a couple I have no desire to try, and that's my prerogative).

I think in talking with people that for some it's a case of "the devil you know..." And I guess it's that way for me as well. I always get a little nervous before trying a new cruise line (or new resort at Disney) because I don't know the ins and outs of it. I know the quirks and things with my chosen/preferred line, and it's less intimidating to stick with what I know than learn a whole new set of ins and outs. Traveling with my running coach and her husband on their marathon cruises forces me to try new lines.

Always an interesting question. We participate in the loyalty programs for five cruise lines: Disney, Carnival, HAL, Princess, and Royal. All five lines have ships within driving distance from home. Why do we choose Royal more often than any of the others? Simple math - of the five, Royal has the loyalty program that gives us the most back in onboard perks. The other four loyalty programs are virtually worthless when it comes to monetizable perks. Royal buys us more than $200 in drinks; Four days of free internet, free dinners in specialty restaurants, free photos, etc. Disney gives us another beach bag and a photo album (who prints photos any more?).

The reality is that every time we sail with Royal, they do in essence cut me a check;)

I see this term all the time on here. What makes you loyal to Royal? I will never be loyal to any business. I have never seen a check made out to me from RC so my loyalty is to my wallet. If RC has the best cruise for the money that is where you will find me. I hear many folks complaining about RC and still cruise with them? Why are you loyal if complaining? I do not understand the loyalty so am wondering what makes you loyal?

Almost borders on the cynical.

Where do I start? You don't have a favorite merchant of any kind? A restaurant or even a grocery store?

I can assure you loyal to royal is not a bad thing. Our first cruise in 2004 was on Voyager OTS. We loved Royal's product and stuck with them. Is it perfect, certainly not. Our Quantum cruise comes to mind as not good. But I'll tell you this, I'm not going to experiment with my $2,000+ cruise fare unless there is some overwhelming positive or negative experience for changing.

You are wrong when you say Royal doesn't write checks to their loyal customers. Royal writes us a check for OBC and discounts our balcony on every cruise. Free drinks every night. Substantial discounts on laundry, Internet, and 2 free photographs. We get all of this for just doing we we enjoy. I would estimate we receive over $1,000 in discounts, free stuff, and other benefits on a 7 day cruise that we would never get by chasing prices.

I think I am more loyal to Port Canaveral and Royal has two greetings ships there. That being said, we have enough cruises to get some nice benefits, so Royal should remain our go to line

Us too. If it sails out of PC or Tampa, it goes up in the rankings:D

My 1st cruise line and I have not had any bad enough experiences to make me go elsewhere! Will I try another cruise line one day...... I'm sure I will but for now I don't have any reason to jump ship! :cool:

Royal is my line of choice. However, if someone else offers something new with an acceptable itinerary and fair price, I will jump. Did that with Carnival on the Dream, and next on the new Vista. I was looking at the Harmony until Royal got cute with the new "sale" and upped the price by about $500.00. If they come back to reality, then I'll look at it again, but now I'm looking at MSC.

We have found RC to deliver a consistently good product at a price which we feel is fair. We like the design of the ships and enjoy the amenities that come with being D+ in their loyalty program. Based on this, all things being equal we will make the choice to sail with RC over another line. I suppose you could say this qualifies us as "Royalists."

My 1st cruise line and I have not had any bad enough experiences to make me go elsewhere! Will I try another cruise line one day...... I'm sure I will but for now I don't have any reason to jump ship! :cool:

My viewpoint exactly. Until Royal do something to annoy me/put me off, I don't see me using another cruise line. The benefits of being crown and anchor may not be as good as what they used to be, but as a newer cruiser, I didn't experience any of the old benefits anyway so even the smallest of benefits is better than nothing. I don't like the idea of starting again from scratch with another cruise line...

for me royal offers a good product. It's like coming home~ All the ships sizes to choose from but each has similar shows/activities~quest, love and marriage, ice shows, trivia, etc. we enjoy having those options. With all the discounts offered at diamond level it works for us. If I have a bad experience we will look elsewhere, but I hope that does not happen. We really enjoy Royal.

Most of my cruises have been on RCI because people we cruise with are the kind of folks who prefer tried and true and have no desire for new and different. Truthfully, most of the mass market cruise lines are more alike than they are different IMO. My next four are with RCI, and I will be almost Emerald by then, but I don't see much benefit to that status, and the perks would not keep me sailing on RCI anyway. I want to sail on a Princess ship. That will be my next booking. I enjoy cruising, I care less about the line. I like to try new lines. Keeps things fun and interesting!

Edited by live2vayk

I am going on my fourth cruise next month with Royal. When I first decided to cruise, I was looking for a Mediterranean cruise and Royal had the itinerary I liked best. Since I had started earning points, I decided to keep using them because I was very happy with the cruises I had taken. I will continue to book with RC except when their itinerary doesn't meet with what I want. For example I want a British Isles cruise and RC doesn't really have what I'm looking for so I will have to book with someone else. They also do not have the type of Hawaiian cruise that I want so again I will book with another line. I like their product and I like familiarity so I have no problem using them when they have the itinerary that I want.

I have sailed CCL and NCL but prefer RCI to both of those. Entertainment on RCI is better then those two. Food is very personal meaning you could find people from each line saying they have the best food. Cabins are all pretty much the same as we do not do suites. I have never had anything happen on a cruise that ruined the cruise. Things have happened that I treat as a hiccup and not make a mountain from a mole hill.

Pete

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We are loyal to Royal, unless we are searching for a particular itinerary not offered by RCCL. No cruiseline is perfect nor are all cruise experiences the same. However, RCCL has always been our first choice, followed by HAL.

We began our cruise experience with Princess, then went to Royal for a Caribbean cruise, and have stayed pretty much with Royal. As my husband once commented, he prefers Royal for the overall cruise experience. We have not had a bad cruise with Princess and have sailed them two other times and probably will again should the right price & itinerary come up.

We feel at home on Royal. Things are not always perfect and the cruise experience has changed but so has the world we live in.

I talked DH into trying Carnival once and I felt lost. It was quite a different experience and he just smiled at me because he was right. Just like land based vacations....we return to what we know and where we are content/happy.

If a cruiseline or actually any business manages to make People loyal to them, they certainly have performed a great Job.

I started cruising 20 years ago and just happened to sail on Royal for my first cruise. I have returned many times because I was and am happy with the product. Royal was the cruiseline I used most out of all my Cruises, but I´ve sailed on many different cruiselines.

I can tell you Royal is not the only line out there offering a great product.

Royal is often the first choice when I´m looking for a cruise, but I will look elsewhere too. I admit though there´s cruise lines I will not look at and this is usually because non of their Advertising material Appeals to me, or I don´t like their ship designs. They might be great products but I just don´t feel comfortable looking into them.

Like one of the previous posters, yes, in a way Royal does write us a cheque (US check). We booked onboard recently and received £220 Diamond Plus discount off our next cruise having just attained that status. Plus, we were able to have drinks for up to 3.5 hours every evening without paying extra.

Oh, and 2 great photos, money off a bag of laundry, some small bottles of water. Need I say more?

We currently have 24 cruises booked with Royal Caribbean that extend through February 2017. Obviously we are satisfied with the product we receive because we keep sailing with them.

The following keeps bringing us back: the upbeat, pleasant, helpful crew; the design of the ships (we like all of the classes from Vision to Quantum); the loyalty program; and the itineraries; and the help and professionalism encountered each time we call the booking agents.

The Quantum class is fresh and different enough innovations that we eagerly look forward to those sailings.

We have sailed on other lines and will do so in the future when there is an itinerary that is not offered by Royal Caribbean.

Edited by beachnative

I am in agreement with almost all of the post. Good to hear from folks who like RC once. I actually read about folks that had a good time on RC. CC has become so negative that I wondered if anyone like RC. Everything a person reads is how they don't do this and don't do that so it was very good to hear what they do. The times I have used them have been great. I will use them again if things line up and they have the best ship, itinerary, price. I have not gotten into the loyalty programs like many of you. I doubt I will ever get to that point so I have no loyalty to any lines. I appreciate the amount of knowledge that has taken a minute to post on my post. Do any of you wonder why the other posters who are constantly complaining still go with RC? Any day on a cruise ship in the Caribbean beats a great day here in NY in 20 below with snow to my head. When I get on a ship I am just glad to be there.