How far out have you gotten "upsells"?

DaveOKC

How far in advance of sailing have you gotten "upsell" offers from HAL? Recent experiences would be very helpful.

I am looking to go from a Vista suite to a Neptune and there are not many Neptunes on the smaller HAL ships.

We received upsell offer 30 days prior to our 2/15/15 sailing on Eurodam via email. We went from SigSuite to Neptune suite for 299 each. I replied to HAL (via phone)and accepted within 8 hrs of receiving email. Hope this info helps

How far in advance of sailing have you gotten "upsell" offers from HAL? Recent experiences would be very helpful.

I am looking to go from a Vista suite to a Neptune and there are not many Neptunes on the smaller HAL ships.

I got an upsell offer by email for my March 29th cruise on March 4th. This will be my second HAL cruise.

I think it depends on the itinerary but the couple of upsell offers we have gotten began about three weeks out, and then about 5-6 days after that. I usually wait until the third offer to see how low the price will go. If I am comfortable with the category that I have booked, it doesn't really matter to me if an upsell is offered. Have never received a free upgrade on HAL but have on Princess and NCL.

On the Maasdam 4/7 and we got our second offer today. The first offer was 2 weeks ago. Move from a Vista Suite to Neptune for another $850/pp, I don't think so, they have to do better than that.

We like our location but do enjoy the larger cabins, hope HAL does come through for us, if not we are still going to be happy cruisers. There is hardly ever a day at sea that is a bad day......

On the Maasdam 4/7 and we got our second offer today. The first offer was 2 weeks ago. Move from a Vista Suite to Neptune for another $850/pp, I don't think so, they have to do better than that.

We like our location but do enjoy the larger cabins, hope HAL does come through for us, if not we are still going to be happy cruisers. There is hardly ever a day at sea that is a bad day......

Two questions (I am on the Maasdam in a Vista in May):

How long is your cruise?

How much was the first offer for?

Edited by DaveOKC

Two questions (I am on the Maasdam in a Vista in May):

How long is your cruise?

How much was the first offer for?

10 days to Eastern Caribbean.

First offer was the same as second, what are they thinking, we turned you down once.

That seems a bit expensive for a 10 day cruise! I am used to paying $199-299 for a 7 day, but of course that is on the larger HAL ships, plus moving from a Signature suite to a Neptune.

So.....an up sell is like, (let's make a deal) Never heard that term before. Sorry, I'm new to the Holland experience.

After many Celebrity and even more Princess cruises, I'm thinking about a Holland America cruise. I'm trying to think of life without free laundry, an internet package, or my mini bar. Not to mention that I hear there's no fridge in the room. Oh my....but....they have the itinerary that I love. So, I shall be wrinkled, unconnected and bar less. I can handle it...I think. Tell me more about what to LOVE on Holland America....at least they will honor my CCL stock.