Best airline from NY or NJ to Venice with not more than 1 stop

mamaofami

How do you define "best"?

As noted on the Italy ports board, the only non-stop is the Alitalia/Delta seasonal code share.

As for one-stop options, what matters most to you? Price? Short connection? Specific airports you want to avoid for connection? Specific airlines you prefer because of mileage plans or other reasons?

There are lots of options with one stop, including:

SAS via Stockholm

United/Lufthansa code share via Toronto

Air Canada via Toronto

Virgin Atlanta via London

TAP via Lisbon

US Air via Philadelphia

American/British Air code share via London

Swiss Air via Zurich

KLM via Amsterdam

Air France via Paris

and more.

How do you define "best"?
The word "best" really ought to be banned from this forum. People are forever asking what's the "best" this or that - and (like this request) usually in terms which make it impossible to give an answer because there isn't one.

The word "best" really ought to be banned from this forum. People are forever asking what's the "best" this or that - and (like this request) usually in terms which make it impossible to give an answer because there isn't one.

I couldn't agree more....

Thank you. I appreciate all of your replies.

As others have noted, from the NY area you'll have lots of one stop options.

If you are flying economy, I'd just price-shop, and then check seatguru.com to see which of the lower price options offer the greatest seat pitch.

If you are flying business class, please report back, as some of us may have opinions/suggestions on that...

On this board, best almost always means cheapest.

:D

"I want to fly from the NY to Europe with the most amount of legroom as possible. 7yrs ago a friend flew from Billings to Klagenfurt and paid $400 and I don't really want to pay anymore than $500 return because that's the cost of my cruise. When's the best time to buy my ticket? Is it Thursday at 2pm in an undetermined timezone? Or should I wait until Southwest post their schedules?"

You forgot to add and " I assume 20 minutes between flights is enough time to walk leisurely from terminal to terminal and stop and have a light lunch before I board where they will hold the plane for me but if I miss the connection they will book me on the next flight 15 minutes later , booting someone else off the flight if necessary to make room for me or upgrade me to first class."

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Fair warning, Air Canada from Toronto to Venice means Air Canada Rouge their "budget" subsidiary. It's not cheap and unless you're short and able to sleep the whole flight, it's not likely to be too comfortable.

We're doing YYZ to VCE on BA with the connection in LHR, but we paid the extra for WT+. We've done economy on the Dreamliner and it was not a terribly comfortable flight. If you elect to do BA, watch the connection, most of them will require you to go from LHR to LGW which is doable, but you'll have to plan for your own transfer.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

OP: do yourself a favor and go to itasoftware website. Plug in your dates and you'll see a boatload (pun intended) of 1-stop flights.

If you're strictly going for "cheapest" for "best", you've got Turkish Air (via IST), Aeroflot (via SVO), and Air Berlin (via DUS and TXL). Air Lingus, Virgin Atlantic, Air Canada, Finnair, Brussels Air, Lufthansa, Iberia, USAir, AA, Delta - all have 1-stop flights. Since I didn't see any dates for you, I just plugged in some time in July 2015.

Also dive a little deeper and look for "cheapest" to various gateway airports and then look for the ULCC to get you from that gateway to VCE. Or, look for airfare to Milan (MXP) and take the train to Venice. AA, Finnair, Emirates, USAir, BA, Delta, Alitalia, Iberia all have non-stops JFK-MXP for under $1000. Train tickets from Milan to Venice are anywhere from 9-50EU each, depending on when you buy and what class you buy…

You did set yourself up with the very generic "best" airfare from JFK-VCE… We're a tough bunch here on Cruise Air ;)