Regal - Zumba and Line Dancing...ANNOYING!

Sascol

The use of the Piazza most of the day and night for loud activities and entertainment was one of our biggest complaints about Royal/Regal Princess. On the Grand Class ships you can relax with a dessert and cappuccino and listen to a solo piano or guitar or string trio and have a conversation. This is impossible on Royal/Regal.

This is very true. It is just too LOUD!!!! at times. You cannot even have a conversation in the Piazza at times.

Tony

I agree with most of the posters...the Piazza on the Royal/Regal is crazy loud a lot during the cruise. I understand there are games, music and various activities there at times, but when it's so loud that you can't carry on a conversation without yelling, that is just too much...for me at least.

I also wish some of the crew during games and activities would lower the volume on their microphones some...it is painfully loud and shrill at times.

Just my opinion. :)

In the alternative universe of some, to accomplish the highest and best use, Princess should remove all the cafe tables from the Plaza Deck to make room for Zumba and move those tables to the Sports Deck so that it looks like this:

PartiesBanquet.HallofFame.png

Plenty of space to have your coffee up there.

If they had a dance floor that size, I'd go for it. Not looking forward to trying to ballroom dance on the tile in the atrium on our next cruise on the Royal.

I agree with most of the posters...the Piazza on the Royal/Regal is crazy loud a lot during the cruise. I understand there are games, music and various activities there at times, but when it's so loud that you can't carry on a conversation without yelling, that is just too much...for me at least.

We live in NYC and this kind of environment is what we're cruising to get away from. This is partly why we haven't been in a rush to try the Royal/Regal.

My goodness people, share time and space!! There are times activities are happening and times there is nothing going on in the piazza. All activities are of short duration

If you can't share a ship with 3500-4000 people, then maybe cruising is not for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My goodness people, share time and space!! There are times activities are happening and times there is nothing going on in the piazza. All activities are of short duration

If you can't share a ship with 3500-4000 people, then maybe cruising is not for you.

I know, right? It's hard to believe that the 6 people on board who shoot hoops can't share the sports court with the folks who want to Zumba (if that is a verb).

I know that people are on vacation and they like to sleep in but 9 a.m. is mid-morning to us. We've been up for hours by then and have had a nice quiet time in the piazza with our IC coffee.

While the noise would be disturbing to me I think that it's a reasonable hour to start the piazza activities. I would just not be there.

I know that people are on vacation and they like to sleep in but 9 a.m. is mid-morning to us. We've been up for hours by then and have had a nice quiet time in the piazza with our IC coffee.

While the noise would be disturbing to me I think that it's a reasonable hour to start the piazza activities. I would just not be there.

It was a late awakening bunch of passengers. By 9 am when Zumba started there was a large group of people on the floor and many people were doing it on the 6th and 7th floor.

For people wanting more quiet the back of Vines would have offered a more quiet place.

I love zumba. I have to be really sick to miss my zumba class. However I am not sure that doing it in the Piazza is a good thing. And zumba isn't a spectator sport. I can't imagine people wanting to watch others zumba. To me it's something you do not something you watch so even though I love it I can see that it could be bothersome to some when held in such a location.

I think it might be Zumbaring.:)

The problem is when the ship is moving at a fast clip it is rather windy up there.

I get that it can be windy. But is Zumba more negatively affected by the wind than trying to shoot free throws or play paddle tennis or any other sport that is typically played up there? Either the area is usable as a fitness area or it isn't. And if it isn't' date=' then there is a bigger issue that needs to be addressed. It would seem to me that of all the activities that one could participate in on the Sports Deck, this is the one that is least impacted by a 15 knot southerly:

[center']zumba-mujeres-cabecera-ok.jpg[/center]

And zumba isn't a spectator sport. I can't imagine people wanting to watch others zumba. To me it's something you do not something you watch so even though I love it I can see that it could be bothersome to some when held in such a location.

I'm not sure I would want to watch people exercising, and I certainly would not want someone watching me! Guess I'll go sit on my tiny balcony. ;)

I'm not sure I would want to watch people exercising, and I certainly would not want someone watching me! Guess I'll go sit on my tiny balcony. ;)

I walk the decks for exercise and up and down the stairs. No one notices except the cabin stewards. I'd feel stupid trying to do the Zumba, but more power to everyone. It's like watching the hula dancing classes on Hawaiian cruises. That's torture!:eek:

I walk the decks for exercise and up and down the stairs. No one notices except the cabin stewards. I'd feel stupid trying to do the Zumba, but more power to everyone. It's like watching the hula dancing classes on Hawaiian cruises. That's torture!:eek:

Many of the people doing Zumba last week were really not good at it including myself. I kind of do it my way for the exercise.

As the instructor said before the start of each class, if you dont know how to do it fake it.

Or as our local instructor always says, If your moving your doing it right.

This past spring on a Hawaii cruise, there was Zumba every sea day and it was around the pool when we got into warmer weather. It drew probably 200 participants and about as many (if not more) observers! It was all good and no Zumba-ers paid the slightest amount of attention to those looking on from the jogging track deck above.

I get that it can be windy. But is Zumba more negatively affected by the wind than trying to shoot free throws or play paddle tennis or any other sport that is typically played up there? Either the area is usable as a fitness area or it isn't. And if it isn't, then there is a bigger issue that needs to be addressed. It would seem to me that of all the activities that one could participate in on the Sports Deck, this is the one that is least impacted by a 15 knot southerly:

zumba-mujeres-cabecera-ok.jpg

With how much I sweat during a true Zumba class, I'd welcome those winds. Zumba and marble do not mix.

By 9 am when Zumba started there was a large group of people on the floor and many people were doing it on the 6th and 7th floor.

I don't get this whole converstation.

Dear Cruise Director -- too many people are participating in this

activity, please cancel it.

Just returned from a 14 night transatlantic on the Regal. Overall a nice cruise with a great itinerary. One primary complaint (we already made princess aware of this in the post cruise survey)...

In the mornings from 9:00 until about 11, the Piazza was used for Zumba classes and for line dancing. This made enjoying a cup of coffee (or anything else in the Piazza for that matter) virtually impossible. Every morning there were in excess of 100 participants dancing and sweating to loud music. The lowermost floor was always full so participants were dancing along the railings on all three levels cluttering traffic flow there as well.

Princess needs to seriously consider moving these activities to other venues on the ship that would have a lesser impact on those not participating. This is especially the case on the Regal because the ship lacks the many quiet little nooks to sit and relax quietly that we have had the ability to enjoy on other ships.

Other than the small size of the aft suites, this issue was my main complaint with the Royal class of ships. They cram so much stuff into the Piazza, It is hard to just sit back and relax with a coffee or other beverage.....

Bob

I don't get this whole converstation.

Dear Cruise Director -- too many people are participating in this

activity, please cancel it.

Spot on!

We love watching people having fun in the Piazza. Love when people own it even when people are watching. If it wasn't for two bum hips, I'd be out there most likely making a fool of myself while enjoying myself.

Speciality coffee is available in the pastry shop on the Lido and a quick trip to the aft provides a quiet comfortable seating area looking at the wake. Personally, I retreat to my cabin for me time to watch the great movies on demand while DW hits the balcony. Best of both worlds, people having fun in the Piazza or quiet time in the cabin/balcony. Other quiet places on the Royal/Regal include the chairs along the "promenade" outside of the Wheelhouse and Outside Princess Live (also a specialty coffee shop).

As always, these are just my thoughts and what we prefer.

Safe Journeys. Paul

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I get that it can be windy. But is Zumba more negatively affected by the wind than trying to shoot free throws or play paddle tennis or any other sport that is typically played up there? Either the area is usable as a fitness area or it isn't. And if it isn't, then there is a bigger issue that needs to be addressed. It would seem to me that of all the activities that one could participate in on the Sports Deck, this is the one that is least impacted by a 15 knot southerly:

zumba-mujeres-cabecera-ok.jpg

It was the instructor who decided that outdoor zumba was dangerous due to the winds up there.