Ugh, Tony Tillman Agan

You would be incorrect in your statement regarding 3 weeks out. I know first hand. I'm not sure how far out they will respond

Glad for you that you've had more success than I have. Whenever I've tried more than a month out I always get a reply to try again closer to the cruise

Looking forward to Freedom in a couple weeks and am very disappointed in learning that Tony Tillman is scheduled for this cruise. As Diamond plus members, we've seen enough of him. He's been entertaining on Royal Caribbean ships for at least 7 years. The shows almost identical. It's time to RETIRE him!!!

Sat through the show once and not a big fan so skipped the show the second time. And I do agree with you that Royal needs a newer "variety".

Frankly, I am more amused and entertained by the fire darts that the holier than thou are throwing at your original post than Tony Tillman's talents!:D:D

• 8 months later...

This issue isn't much different than the same tired RCI Singers and Dancers production shows. We rarely go any longer. It gives us more time to take advantage of other things to do on the ship even if it is sitting out on deck looking out over the ocean.

If people are really into the entertainment aboard the ships the best thing to do is book the Oasis class ships are you will likely not be disappointed. Though CATS seems to have an issue all its own!:eek:

Hi Laura Bella the dates of 2017 that you have below your photo is those the dates tony tillman will be performing on those ships

Welcome to Cruise Critic, no they are the cruises that the couple, John & LaLa are going on, and the ones they have been on. Bella is the dog. :)

Edited by Ocean Dancer

Looking forward to Freedom in a couple weeks and am very disappointed in learning that Tony Tillman is scheduled for this cruise. As Diamond plus members, we've seen enough of him. He's been entertaining on Royal Caribbean ships for at least 7 years. The shows almost identical. It's time to RETIRE him!!!

I've never heard of him before, what does he do? I googled Tony Tillman and about all I got was an African-American guy who is a Christian Hip Hop artist. Is that him?

Edited by staggr

All I can figure is that some of you are taking the same ship or itinerary over and over again. We have only seen the same entertainer more than once maybe twice. We skip shows sometimes if we don't think we'll like the show, so you can do the same.

Once again, you are not the only passenger onboard and more than likely most have never seen each entertainer.

I would bet most passengers do not cruise as often as the op if he is seeing the same entertainer over and over. If we don't care for a show, we don't go. Case in point was Mama Mia on Allure. We had seen it on land and didn't care to see it again so we found other things to do that evening. Didn't bother us one bit that we were not sitting in that show. Others enjoyed it immensely. There's so much to do on these ships so why get upset with one repeat show?

Edited by kalliekae

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Just back from a Cuba run on Empress. Tillman was GREAT! Show ran over 60 minutes, very energetic and the audience was totally involved. In addition, the Singers and Dancers, and the 8-piece band, very fabulous. Maybe the best entertainment we have experienced in nearly 50 cruises. Want a bad show? Go see Cats on Oasis. Had previously seen Cats on Broadway and enjoy it very much. RCI's version put me to sleep.

Great way to avoid seeming the same acts over and over and eating off the same menus over and over is to quit going on the same cruise line over and over. :p

Mix it up a little! If getting those precious loyalty perks and moving up to the next level is the priority, then you are going to deal with the "same old - same old" factor.

• Like 1

I'm never sure why people do the same thing over and over if they hate it so much? Moreso on vacation.

I mean, I hate Nassau, but I no longer get off the ship there. HOWEVER, I don't go on cruises for Nassau, so that means virtually nothing to me. If Nassau is the only port and I was only going for ports, going on 3 night out and back to Nassau would be really stupid.

Easiest solution is to avoid doing things you don't like to do.

• 1 year later...

Hint to OP.

You might want to avoid the same Oasis class ships over and over again.

Oasis has Cats

Allure has Mama Mia

Harmony has Grease

Symphony  has Hairspray

Depending on the age of the ship some of these shows have on-going for 5+ years.

Then diving into the ice shows on Oasis, Freedom, and Voyagers, they have been going on even longer.

If I don't like a particular show (like Cats, sorry John an,d Mama Mia) I don't go and find something else to do.

Just because you are tired of an act doesn't mean other people have seen the act.  Or other people feel like they can see an act over and over again.

For example, I love piano bars.  If I find a good/decent one, I will go over and over again, even if they are playing the same set each time.  For other people, that may seem boring and repetitious, but I enjoy it.

Nice thing about a large cruise ship, is that there are other entertainment opportunities.

You might want to mix up your cruise ships or cruise lines.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, gatour said:

Hint to OP.

You might want to avoid the same Oasis class ships over and over again.

Oasis has Cats

Allure has Mama Mia

Harmony has Grease

Symphony  has Hairspray

Depending on the age of the ship some of these shows have on-going for 5+ years.

Then diving into the ice shows on Oasis, Freedom, and Voyagers, they have been going on even longer.

If I don't like a particular show (like Cats, sorry John an,d Mama Mia) I don't go and find something else to do.

Just because you are tired of an act doesn't mean other people have seen the act.  Or other people feel like they can see an act over and over again.

For example, I love piano bars.  If I find a good/decent one, I will go over and over again, even if they are playing the same set each time.  For other people, that may seem boring and repetitious, but I enjoy it.

Nice thing about a large cruise ship, is that there are other entertainment opportunities.

You might want to mix up your cruise ships or cruise lines.

All the examples you list may be the same show, but almost never the same performers unless you are on the same ship more than once in short period of time. Same with ice shows. All different.

Tony Tillman not.

Tony Tillman is also not known far ahead like the shows you list

Same act, songs, and jokes. He was ok, but don't want to see him again.

If you think I need advice on what ships and cruielines to go on, you'd be wrong

You also might find a thread to reply to that isn't 3 years old

Edited by cruisinfanatic