Deployment 2018-19 booking season begins

MADflyer

These days, on this side of the Atlantic, it seems Royal is more into the floating resort scene than in offering imaginative itineraries.

I agree with you, without the adjectives.

They are betting that more of the customers in their base care about the experience onboard rather than exotic itineraries.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

These days, on this side of the Atlantic, it seems Royal is more into the floating resort scene than in offering imaginative itineraries.

Agreed. This is why we have booked a 12 night on the Azamara Quest from San Diego into the Sea of Cortez. New ports and we don't have to fly. We are also looking at Azamara for Australia and NZ.

I'm sick I didn't go on Jewel in May 2015. We had both it and Quantum booked, and I cancelled Jewel. Makes me a little sick thinking about it. We had friends on board so Q was a good time, I just have forever been sad about letting Jewel go.

We have still never done PC. Sigh.

Hi Karen,

It's Ninette from our TA. Looking forward to booking the new ship when the rates come out. Any idea when that would be.

We have a TP for 2018 on the Explorer. Maybe you'll consider that for your first TP.

Ninette

Hi Karen,

It's Ninette from our TA. Looking forward to booking the new ship when the rates come out. Any idea when that would be.

We have a TP for 2018 on the Explorer. Maybe you'll consider that for your first TP.

Ninette

The last couple of years it has been in March. So very soon. Today the ship apparently has a name. Leaked by the good folks at Flowrider in a press release!

Often the "attraction" of a port is how many potential customers consider it "driving distance".

:)

OK, just for kicks, how far is driving distance. 500 miles is 7-8 hours.

http://www.statsamerica.org/radius/big.aspx

City population in millions

Baltimore, MD 109.7

New York, NY 89

New Orleans, LA 55.8

Los Angeles, CA 48

San Diego, CA 47.4

San Francisco, CA 43.8

Galveston, TX 41.5

Cape Canaveral, FL 40

Miami, FL 22

I guess some ports aren't meant to be driven to.

Edited by John&LaLa

We drive to Galveston. It's 500 mi but takes 9 hours. That's our limit. It's still faster for us to drive there than to fly to Houston and get transportation there. We do love sailing with folks from Texas and the area. Fun folks.

Edited by internetwhiz

We drive to Galveston. It's 500 mi but takes 9 hours.

I drove to Galveston from Ontario, which was 5,000 km (3,100 miles) round-trip :eek: So apparently I consider that "driving distance" ;)

I can also tell you that I would walk 500 miles, and I would walk 500 more... :D

I am surprised that they aren't competing with NCL on the Baltic with the Getaway. Why not a Voyager or Freedom and then Q4 in 2019?

Also a shame that they aren't returning to Harwich.

EDIT: They're switching to her sister, Breakaway in 2018.

Well, larger ships get more and more limited itinerary options at a certain point.

While Brilliance and Serenade are well sized to access many ports which is essential for Northern Europe the larger ships of NCL and RCCL cannot.

Also just because Getaway and Breakaway are newer and larger ships with resort-style options, not everyone is demanding for such things. Me, for example.

Edited by shipfriend_max

Well, larger ships get more and more limited itinerary options at a certain point.

While Brilliance and Serenade are well sized to access many ports which is essential for Northern Europe the larger ships of NCL and RCCL cannot.

Also just because Getaway and Breakaway are newer and larger ships with resort-style options, not everyone is demanding for such things. Me, for example.

Like!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Forums mobile app

I think Radiance Class ARE excellent for Northern Europe, and they should have a presence up there, but having a larger ship would provide some variety.

Also, if you like Radiance Class, Quantum Class actually is something you would enjoy, albeit with several more amenities.

I think Radiance Class ARE excellent for Northern Europe, and they should have a presence up there, but having a larger ship would provide some variety.

Also, if you like Radiance Class, Quantum Class actually is something you would enjoy, albeit with several more amenities.

Quantum class ships are tall and skinny, and bumper cars and such really don't appeal to me. I'd rather be on Radiance class

Quantum class ships are tall and skinny, and bumper cars and such really don't appeal to me. I'd rather be on Radiance class

It's not like anyone is forcing you to use the bumper cars. To me, it seems Quantum Class offers a very nice connection to the sea. Maybe not as great as Radiance Class, but way better than Oasis Class, for example. We're not going to get anymore ships exactly like Radiance Class, so I'm taking what I can get. I haven't been on Quantum Class, but I like the concept - there's plenty of activities and entertainment, but you can still feel like you're on a ship. This is the new normal for RCI ship design, so I'll choose to embrace it, but I know others would rather move on.

Happy sailing. :)

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

It's not like anyone is forcing you to use the bumper cars. To me, it seems Quantum Class offers a very nice connection to the sea. Maybe not as great as Radiance Class, but way better than Oasis Class, for example. We're not going to get anymore ships exactly like Radiance Class, so I'm taking what I can get. I haven't been on Quantum Class, but I like the concept - there's plenty of activities and entertainment, but you can still feel like you're on a ship. This is the new normal for RCI ship design, so I'll choose to embrace it, but I know others would rather move on.

Happy sailing. :)

That's why there are different ships for different folks. Even Captain Felix said she was too tall and skinny, if wind is bad there's a lot of wave action. But some people like that as well. The Esplanade (their promenade) is very narrow, almost claustrophobic. I do like the cascading pools in the Solarium.

That's why there are different ships for different folks. Even Captain Felix said she was too tall and skinny, if wind is bad there's a lot of wave action. But some people like that as well. The Esplanade (their promenade) is very narrow, almost claustrophobic. I do like the cascading pools in the Solarium.

Exactly. Whatever floats your boat. :D After being on all the other classes of RCI ships, we were surprised that we didn't like Quantum Class. We've decided we like those ships with a Royal Promenade the best.

Edited by travelgoddess1

I hope the Allure has some great prices on its 2018 summer sailings like it currently does with its Summer 2017 sailings. The other day the U.K. RCCL website was offering an Eastern itinerary Balcony stateroom for cheaper than an indoor room. I'd be happy with that....

Edited by rodenboy

RC usually releases new itineraries in the March/April timeframe.

Ah! I see....typically I book my cruises while onboard, so I haven't booked through the website in a while. I was surprised/wondering about when they are released because several other major cruise lines have their itineraries posted through 2019 already.

Thanks for the info, claera!:D

Ah! I see....typically I book my cruises while onboard, so I haven't booked through the website in a while. I was surprised/wondering about when they are released because several other major cruise lines have their itineraries posted through 2019 already.

Thanks for the info, claera!:D

Yes we only expext royal and Costa all the other brand have already reased 2018