What to do? Upgrade or keep OBC?

We are sailing this Saturday on a short 3-night re-positioning cruise from Panama City. We are currently in a Panoramic Ocean View, deck 7 mid ship. We can upgrade to a D1 balcony, also on deck 7, for no additional cost BUT we would lose our $50 OBC.

I've never sailed in a Panoramic Ocean View and don't know if it's worth upgrading to the balcony. The sizes are very similar. This cruise stops at no ports so it's all ocean.

What to do? Thanks for your input!

You are upgrading to a balcony for what amounts to $25.00 per person. I think you will enjoy the balcony far more than anything that $50.00 is going to buy you on board.

Ill be the oddball here. On a 3 night cruise Id probably be in the cabin less than 20 hours total :D Give me the 50 dollars! Thats gratuities paid and a Patron Perfect Margarita! ;)

Edited by ryano

Ill be the oddball here. On a 3 night cruise Id probably be in the cabin less than 20 hours total :D Give me the 50 dollars! Thats gratuities paid and a Patron Perfect Margarita! ;)

The OP could smoke cigars on the balcony. That should be worth more than $50

Not anymore!

No, No....no smoking is allowed EVEN on cabin balconies....only in designated areas of the ship.

Know Your Cruise Critic Posters.

Pot-stirrer.

:)

I vote with "take the upgrade". Balcony time!

:)

Actually, I might be inclined to see it your way. When I first posted to this thread I was thinking of virtual balcony cabins not the cabin in question. I like ocean view cabins and a big window would suit me fine. I enjoy balcony cabins but to tell you the truth if the balcony is not big enough to have a lounger on it we end up going up to the public decks anyway where we can stretch out on a lounger. I can do without sitting out on the balcony for a few minutes before going to bed. I agree that on a 3 night cruise I would be in the cabin very little. I am in the cabin very little on 7 night cruises.

In the case of the OP I probably would be inclined to not upgrade unless it cost me nothing.