Such a petty, first world problem worry....

I see 100% chance of rain for my sail away. (figures :rolleyes:).

Here I am 2 days away, anxiety & excitement rolled into one mess - the thoughts running through my brain - Rain & overcast for my entire 9 night cruise.:(. I know, I am totally over reacting , and that is probably very unlikely, but has anyone had a complete washout for the entire duration of your cruise? If so, how did you make the best of it?

We all work very hard to afford these vacations and plan for months on end. Just the thought puts such a damper on the anticipation. (No pun intended).

I'm guessing this is you upcoming cruise on Anthem. I wouldn't worry too much about it, Anthem appears to have lots of beautiful indoor areas to enjoy your cruise immensely. Even the solarium seems to be (mostly) covered. I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time.

I doubt you will have a complete washout. We've had many cruises were the weather forecast has indicated rain in the Caribbean, and we get a short shower, but most of the day is sunny.

Same here. It's rained on loads of my Caribbean days, sometimes very heavy! But never for long! I suppose it's how it is so green??

Ahhh, yes. The grass on my lawn is insanely green. The Northeast has been getting massive amount of rain this Spring!

Our most recent cruise the beginning of March was 5 days of mostly rain and howling wind. We left Ft Lauderdale in the rain/wind. It was a first for us. I wondered when I was going to fall out of bed! We did find plenty to keep us occupied though. Neither of us are sun worshipers but I'm sure those people were not too happy.

It's a normal summer pattern to have rain every day. Unlike northern climates, daily rain doesn't mean an all day dreary rain (unless there's a hurricane). Instead it's like an hour of rain in the afternoon, frequently while still sunny!

I doubt you will have a complete washout. We've had many cruises were the weather forecast has indicated rain in the Caribbean, and we get a short shower, but most of the day is sunny.

That is what I was thinking, but given it looks like an Athem cruise, maybe that will be accurate for the day 1 and 2 maybe, I'd hold out hope for what you said. That was certainly the case for my recent 7 day southern. Every port day was listed as mostly cloudy, but we got plenty of sun.

I'm on the same Anthem sailing and was getting kinda bummed about the weather forecast too. But with the clarification between our rain forecast and the Caribbean's rain, I'm feeling hopeful again.

We've had a few days of total rain here and there and regrouped. If we had a beach day scheduled, we opted for a nice local lunch instead. BUT if we planned a tour day ( It rained one of the times we were in Florence) we simply wore ponchos. In fact, a pair of disposable ponchos comes with us on every trip, cruise, land, vacation, business etc.

If possible when at sea, the captain may try to skirt rain showers.

I hope you have nice weather and a great cruise.

M

Whenever we go to Florida in the summer, there is almost always 100% chance of rain but it rains for an hour or so then clears. 100% doesn't mean 100% of the day, it means chance of some rain!

One of our February cruises on Vision was pretty rainy. Key West was a washout, we left the ship during a light drizzle but within minutes, the drizzle had turned into a monsoon which remained for the rest of our port time.:( And several of our days at sea were rainy.

But it was still a great cruise!:D

Sherri:)

Ahhh, yes. The grass on my lawn is insanely green. The Northeast has been getting massive amount of rain this Spring!

I can hear it growing and my 48" Scag is threatening to go on strike. :eek:

Same here. A few times a short shower- usually 5-10 minutes. And that has typically been late April or May when it's rainy season.

Now back home is a different story. At least 3 times we cruised during April or May and there was flash flooding at home. Once flooded our basement and kicked off heat so we came back to a 48 degree house. Sigh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see 100% chance of rain for my sail away. (figures :rolleyes:).

Here I am 2 days away, anxiety & excitement rolled into one mess - the thoughts running through my brain - Rain & overcast for my entire 9 night cruise.:(. I know, I am totally over reacting , and that is probably very unlikely, but has anyone had a complete washout for the entire duration of your cruise? If so, how did you make the best of it?

We all work very hard to afford these vacations and plan for months on end. Just the thought puts such a damper on the anticipation. (No pun intended).

Unless you have a way to change the weather, why bother worrying about it? You likely will see a about an hour or so o f rain and the sun will shine again. : have a great cruise, no matter the weather.

You can't control the weather....no reason to worry about it! There will still be plenty to do and worst case it would force you to relax which I find is hard to do on a cruise ;p

On our last cruise on the Liberty in April they were calling for severe storms/tornadoes for embarkation day. While it was pretty cloudy, the storms all moved a bit further north and we stayed dry the entire time. You just never know. Now if it stays rainy the entire time that could be a bummer, but highly unlikely. We went to an all-inclusive years ago in Play Del Carmen and it rained for the first 3 days straight.....we spent the entire time in the pool at the pool bar. We had the place to ourselves!

PS-I would also invest in the drink package if it's going to be a rainy sailing....everything is less miserable with a drink in hand ;)

One of the reasons I don't plan everything on a trip...

You can never rely on everything you planned going like you want - you have to have those "Plan B" items ready, too. Rainy? Either tough it out and enjoy, go sit in a mom and pop restaurant/cafe/bar and "soak" in the local atmosphere. Hit a local museum that you didn't think of, visit some little gems of churches. Or, if you are not into local, stay onboard.

If I let weather affect me on a vacation, I would have missed so much! I've had it rain all day on me in the Caribbean, Italy, Spain, Austria, Germany, Netherlands, Kenya. I've had tropical storms put a kink in vacations in Mexico, Florida, even Toronto. Tsunami warnings and the big earthquake in Hawaii. I sucked it up and went on and had a blast!

Our 1st cruise was rainy (and rough) EVERY day, except our day in KW...it was sunny and gorgeous...and I couldn't wait to get back to the ship to lie by the pool....I mean, if you come home from a cruise with NO tan, no one believes you went!

Just came home from a much anticipated Beach Music Festival...rained the 1st day, and a cold-front blew through and the 2nd day was so freaking cold and windy, we couldn't sit out and SEE the bands! The last day was better, but still not "beach" weather. Mother Nature is a fickle b***h! This sort of thing happens...you just have to go with the flow!