What should the next regional/ethnic food specialty restaurant be?

LMaxwell

What type of regional or ethnic specialy restaurant would you like to see onboard  

113 members have voted

1. 1. What type of regional or ethnic specialy restaurant would you like to see onboard

So many great tastes of the world. With the increase in specialty restaurants RCI is offering a lot of tastes that may be new to guests. I think having options is great. This is just a poll with *some* idea. Of course this is not all inclusive. Wonder what you think would make a good specialty restaurant?

Indian.

Just came back from a businessmans Indian lunch buffet. So excellent. Love when RCI chefs make a special Indian dish for us or have Indian dishes on the buffet. An Indian restaurant would be a great addition.

You cant have good true southern BBQ without wood and a smoker :) We all know that isnt possible on board a cruise ship.

I wish there were more seafood options with better seafood at a standard per person charge.

Without looking down at any responses, I voted Indian as well. The old menus in the MDR always had a daily Indian menu item that I always tried and was awesome... better yet, on Vision last year our table spoke to our Indian waiter & Asst Waiter about the new menus and how much we missed the Indian food... sure enough one night out of the blue they and the Maitre-D brought out a table full of Indian dishes for dinner at our table of 10... the indian chefs/cooks were so thrilled that someone wanted the Indian food back they were so proud to do it. It was awesome! I bet many of the top cooks/chefs at Royal would love the chance to work in an Indian venue. The ambiance could be incredible... waaaay better than having an empty Rita's... hello RCL.. you listening??!! :)

Great poll LMax :D

Indian. It's one of our favourites and always the first meal we have when we get back home.

More importantly, a lot of the chefs are Indian and they produce wonderful Indian food. We sometimes ask for Indian rather than the boring offers in the MDR.

I wish they would put in a restaurant like Qsine on Celebrity. It is one of my favorites now and with a great variety so you can go many times and each time eat something different. Also a great place to try different dishes.

Edited by micruiser2002

A Jewish New York style Deli with chicken soup and matza balls, chopped liver, kishke, blintzes, gefilte fish, brisket, latkes etc., etc. Really good, tasty artery-clogging food!

I was thinking of adding that as a choice to the poll and I blanked out when putting in the options. Now I want pastrami on a bagel. :D

I think it's difficult to find a cuisine with mass appeal. Especially if you're talking about fine dining.

Besides your standard French, Italian and American, I think the following could work:

Indian

Spanish

Chinese (FINE dining or more traditional, not fast food take out/buffet style). The food differs quite a bit within China as well, Northern and Southern; Taiwanese or Hong Kongese(?)

Korean

Vietnamese

Latin - food from Argentina, Brazil, Cuba, Ecuador etc..

Japanese - although, it might hard to get good raw fish for real sushi

Middle Eastern - Turkish, Israeli, Iranian

I like them all.