Does the situation in Europe affect your future travel?

norwegianwood57

When I asked this question before, I actually had a couple of people ask me what situation I was referring to. Unfortunately perhaps it is clearer now.

As many of you, we have a European itinerary booked in the future. We are very concerned.

And just like before , some will say, if you cancel, you are letting the enemy win.

Will some of you say something different?

When I asked this question before, I actually had a couple of people ask me what situation I was referring to. Unfortunately perhaps it is clearer now.

As many of you, we have a European itinerary booked in the future. We are very concerned.

And just like before , some will say, if you cancel, you are letting the enemy win.

Probably not although I might want to see how this plays out. Right now I just want to get my daughter home from a business trip to England on Thursday

It's easy to to say " we should continue with our plans, as we can't let the enemy win"...... But we will never be able to move around, particularly here in Europe, as freely and easily as we have enjoyed since the borders came down in the recent years...

It's easy to to say " we should continue with our plans, as we can't let the enemy win"...... But we will never be able to move around, particularly here in Europe, as freely and easily as we have enjoyed since the borders came down in the recent years...

We are booked on a TA out of Rome for next October, doubt we will cancel but will see what happens in the next few months.

Je t'aime Paris! Aujourd'hui et toujours.

We'll be traveling to Barcelona next October for the Harmony of the Seas transatlantic...we won't be canceling. My daughter and I are thinking about doing something completely different (not Caribbean) in 2017. I believe we'll still move forward with our plans, whatever they turn out to be.

Praying for the people of France. Safe travels to everyone.

Edited by jules815

Since my DH really hates to fly we confine our travel to North America & the Caribbean so we don't have to consider this for the near future in the context you are asking.

As far as "letting the enemy win" that seems to be a very personal decision based on an individuals circumstance.

We live in the city, and like all city's, there are occasional shootings near to us, or at suburban locations we frequent. While we do not avoid these locations, we are aware of problems and are alert when in these areas. There are other neighborhoods that we feel are unsafe most of the time and we avoid them. Is this "letting the enemy win"? Perhaps, or perhaps we are just being cautious to spare our family undue worry.

Sorry, might be a little more philosophical than you wanted. :D

I see all these people saying they won't change their plans but I think it is short sighted if anyone actually told you that if you cancel, you are letting the enemy win. Obviously, never lived or worked in a dangerous area. I wrote Europe off years ago...whatever! I don't feel comfortable or safe and it is my vacation time so my decision. I would definitely not go now .... you have to do what makes you feel ok.

I will be in Europe for a 13 day cruise out of Barcelona in July 2016. I plan to return to Europe in 2017 for another cruise. I will not be traveling to Turkey though. I love the time I spent there there in the last four years. At the same time I do not want to be vacationing where the effects of war are more and more apparent. It has nothing to do with safety but with trying to vacation as usual despite the changes the war has brought to that region.

I have never been to Paris, but I do want to go there in the next year for a week vacation on land.

BTW I will not go to Russia. So I am having hard time finding a Baltic Northern European curise without St. Peterburg as a port.:(

These are just my personal criteria for traveling these days.

I felt much safer living in both Germany and Italy than I ever have living in the US and that feeling will continue. Still crossing fingers to be able to spend more extended time over there again. I've been blessed to travel the world thanks to my husbands job in the military and truly feel it's an overreaction to cancel travel to Europe.

Don't any of you that are apprehensive live in large metro areas with high volume traffic? I'm getting to the point in my life where being on the interstate is freightening to me. Personally I hope to travel to Turkey again but I'm thinking that won't be an option on a Celebrity ship in 2016 or2017.