Answer to the water issue

Vitality08

i think this thread has questionable motives, but sure i'll bite.

looks like it's over 12 oz. sorry, no go. :p

I can hear the smugglers wheels turning in their head. Carefully undo the top, pour water on your plants and refill with booze and glue back together.

here's my 2 cents ...fwiw.

if the desalinated water made on the ship/s is good enough for our Navy boys....its good enough for me. The cruise industry uses the same processes and same type of equipment for "making water" that the Navy has been using for eons... and its definitely better than the local water here.

I never was one for lugging beverages onboard anyway...this just drives home the point.

My purpose in buying the water is for the excursions. I know I can drink the water on the ship but I can't carry that with me when I leave the ship. The bottles I purchased will be delivered to my cabin so I have them & I don't have to carry it on with me. Makes sense to me.

My purpose in buying the water is for the excursions. I know I can drink the water on the ship but I can't carry that with me when I leave the ship. The bottles I purchased will be delivered to my cabin so I have them & I don't have to carry it on with me. Makes sense to me.

Just bring an Eco-friendly refillable bottle from home. We bring the ones that we take to the gym when we are home. Fill it up and off on your excursion you go!

Edited by Kwaj girl

Hmmm. Boxed water. Might be kind of tricky to transport, especially if you're flying. It wouldn't take much for one of the cartons to get punctured or develop a leak. No thanks. I'll pass. Ice and water are FREE at the Lido Beverage Station 24/7. If we need a bottle of water or two for a shore excursion, we can get them on our way off of the ship. No need to buy a twelve pack.

Just bring an Eco-friendly refillable bottle from home. We bring the ones that we take to the gym when we are home. Fill it up and off on your excursion you go!

We bring a wide mouth plastic bottle that we fill with ice and take on excursions. And we see no problems with the ships water

For those who would rather take their water than buy it for $2.99 from Bon Voyage.

Am I missing something here? I took this post as a perfect joke with showing the boxed water as a carry on (and no one would). The answers I'm seeing show no humor as if you meant it.:)

Am I missing something here? I took this post as a perfect joke with showing the boxed water as a carry on (and no one would). The answers I'm seeing show no humor as if you meant it.:)

I was thinking the same thing! Where is everyone's sense of humor?

So OP, you want to lug 11lbs of boxed water (9 bottles) at $20 (plus any extra luggage weight tariff if you fly in) to avoid buying 12 bottles at $3 and not having to carry on the ship?:confused: Ohhkaay.

I noticed all the "healthy" verbiage in the product's hype on the Amazon link but then they want to use municipal water, LOL, near the source, as if the "water you now drink damages the environment and kills trees and animals" argument doesn't apply to local municipal water, which is pretty darn "pure" at the plant, but picks up impurities in the distribution system.

As one reviewer opined, "BS."

I can hear the smugglers wheels turning in their head. Carefully undo the top, pour water on your plants and refill with booze and glue back together.

Yea when I saw that they were changing their policies to make smuggling alcohol on board more difficult I had a good laugh. If anything it's now even easier to get it on board. In more drink appropriate portion sizes too, juice boxes anyone? I promise you it won't be grape juice! :D

Edited by Cruising_Kara

here's my 2 cents ...fwiw.

if the desalinated water made on the ship/s is good enough for our Navy boys....its good enough for me. The cruise industry uses the same processes and same type of equipment for "making water" that the Navy has been using for eons... and its definitely better than the local water here.

I never was one for lugging beverages onboard anyway...this just drives home the point.

I'm with you on this issue.

I am far too lazy to lug on my favorite sodas or water - I make do with what the ship has for the week or so I am on board, and happily drink the ships water.

That being said - for $2.99 delivered to my room, I happily bought 2 cases of water! I am happy with the new plan and hoping it helps make the lines go more quickly.