Would you rather spend the money to be in the Haven or spend it on another cruise?

morningstar4

I have a bid in on the Haven because so many people rave about it, but I can't help thinking that the money spent on the Haven is not far off from the cost of another cruise. What makes you bid on/book the Haven over booking a longer cruise or another cruise?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We only take one big vacation once every two years (I run a daycare, and closing for extended periods doesn't work well). So now that our boys are teens, we decided instead of paying for 2 balcony rooms, to just pay the extra (which was about $800) and booked within the Haven.

I know not everyone would do this, but it works for us!!

I have a bid in on the Haven because so many people rave about it, but I can't help thinking that the money spent on the Haven is not far off from the cost of another cruise. What makes you bid on/book the Haven over booking a longer cruise or another cruise?

To me if you have to ask the question, it's pretty much answered.

What ship did you bid on for the Haven? An "Away" ship?

Once you experience the Haven, you will have a better understanding of the personalized service, extra dedicated space and a whole different experience than if in a standard cabin.

Good luck!

We are a family of four and only book during the extra guest free promo. We are suite travelers, but have been considering booking non Haven to save a few bucks. After pricing out a 2BR Haven suite vs two mini suites or spa mini suites, the difference per person is typically $400-$500. For that amount, we just say screw it and book Haven again. It's really hard to go back lol. We don't spend a ton of time in the courtyard or the decks, but the Haven restaurant is perfect. Being able to get reservations when you want..perfect. Walking into the Haven lounge after a long and noisy afternoon...love it!!

Would defiantly take more cruises. We have eaten in the Haven on the Epic... not that special to make us pay that much more, and sacrifice another trip. Ship, ports, entertainment all the same and we would much rather sail more often.

Safe sailing

i'm assuming the question means you can comfortably afford X for your vacation budget this year and it wont be breaking the bank if you use that X for haven or for 2 regular cruises.

1st cruise ever was in haven spa suite. i loved cruising so much i had to go again. i asked around to my friends who could go with me 2nd time since gf couldnt and my friend and her twins setup in a balcony and i got a steal of a price at 577.

so i can say i'd be happier going on more cruises in a balcony than half the cruises in haven. it was very nice but for us that cannot do haven every time, just 'going' is reward enough.

this year i'm trying out RCL in december because it's such a steal compared to other times of the year or the bermuda itineraries. though i really want to get back to bermuda.

I would go Haven if my only choices are either one cruise in the Haven or two cruises not in the Haven. Not a difficult decision at all.

Same here.

It isn't always "double the price" but I'd rather book the Haven (and pick my stateroom) on 1 cruise vs book a balcony or mini-suite (and pick my stateroom) on 2 cruises.

We would rather pay more to avoid lines and have a stress free vacation. We do concierge on Disney and typically spring for the more exclusive levels at resorts. We both work very hard, and would rather have one week of great service, no lines, and get the reservations we want than have two weeks somewhere.

Definitely Haven for us.

Haven often cost twice as much as a standard balcony and for us it's worth it.

If we should cruise without the Haven I should only think about what I missed so it should be a total waste of money.

For me it's better not to cruise than to cruise without Haven.

Our next cruise will be with MSC and then the Yacht Club is a must.

more cruises.

i am willing to pay extra for an upsell deal. but now that has been replaced with the upgrade DISadvantage program, and im not gonna pay crazy bid prices. i lowball bid for our upcoming cruise. if i get it great, if not, nbd.