Do you go for EVERY price drop?

I called today about my March 2019 booking on Jewel of the Seas, to see if the current sale would benefit me. (A mock on-line booking seemed to suggest it would save me slightly.) Turns out that, after 10 minutes on hold, I re-booked for a total savings of $22. Was it really worth it? Maybe not, but I guess it buys me one of those expensive tropical cocktails! :cool:

I think my cut off would be something like $10. I've called for as low as $18 before, but I've never found a deal that saved me less than that. And that's at least one fruity beverage, which is totally worth it.

Does RCI post a charge every time you buy something? Do they not bother if it is under a certain amount? Heck, not buying anything at all has never stopped RCI from posting a few charges here and there.

I would have thought you are to busy to chase pennies. [emoji6]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I must be out of the loop. I haven't been on RCI site for about 4 years. I try to check and it shows no rooms available and I am unable to check prices. Help, how do I check? I booked after 4 years not going and they claimed that there was a 30% saving , but after my diamond discount for balcony, I don't think I got any discount.

I must be out of the loop. I haven't been on RCI site for about 4 years. I try to check and it shows no rooms available and I am unable to check prices. Help, how do I check? I booked after 4 years not going and they claimed that there was a 30% saving , but after my diamond discount for balcony, I don't think I got any discount.

If there are no staterooms available in your category, then there's no price to check, and therefore no price drop.

I don't look into or try for any discount below $30 as I feel my time is worth at least that amount. On the other hand, when I am checking for my son and his family, I would do it for him for $20.

I also take into consideration what I will lose if I get a lower price. My TA reduces the OBC or benefits depending on the price so it makes a difference if I will lose something. Most times though, it isn't worth the call.

Additionally, after Final Payment, I no longer look at all. If the price goes down, I don't want to know about it and I pick my cabin so I don't really need to upgrade especially when sailing with my son and his wife as their daughter stays in the cabin with me and we are in cabins next to each other.

I check occasionally and recently found a $163 savings on our 2018 booking. Ironically when I called they said I'd have to give up my BOGO50% off the deluxe drink package. What?? I live in Canada and have never seen drink package deals like that so I asked if I could buy that right now. I also expressed disbelief on that deal as I know I would have remembered that kind of deal (I enjoy a cocktail[emoji12]) Long and short CS guy went away and came back to apologize for misinformation. Makes me wonder what the screen they see looks like!![emoji33]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was to the point of obsession watching for drops on our Anthem cruise last summer. Decided to take a more relaxed approach with our fall Liberty cruise, and only made one serious inquiry.

Now we have a B2B booked on Adventure for summer 2018 and I'm taking a hands off approach. We were more than happy with price we got, so I'm directing my energies towards researching excursions, and some pre-cruise sightseeing in New York.

This is the first Cruise we've taken without booking last minute (I'm talking booking more than a month or so before sailing)

I've called twice, once for about a $100 difference ($50 drop between us and also included some on board credit) and the second was when that had that few hour sale a few weeks back where our cruise price dropped from about 1200 per person to 598 per person for a guarantee. We waited on hold for over 2 hours but were determined and they finally answered. I obsessively checked daily but now I'm pretty sure the deal we got can't be beat. I even called yesterday and got our original room we booked back once thanks to some awesome people here! I never would have known you could change a guarantee booking for another room in the same category!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums