Open toed dress shoes?

mbladen3210

I have read and heard all about how we can't wear open toed shoes in the main dining hall. However this was referring to flip flops and other every day sandels. Does this include dress sandals? As in, if I wear a dress, can I wear sandals with it, essentially those with open toes?

I've always worn open toed slide sandals with no back and never been questioned. I did read the thread on here about someone being stopped at an officers cocktail party, but I've worn them there also without issue. I've also worn expensive leather thong type sandals in both the MDR and specialty restaurants without anyone questioning them.

Just got off Equinox yesterday and I can definitely say open toed shoes, sandals, slider sandals are all okay in MDR, Speciality restaurants and the Elite nightly events and cocktail party. I wore them all ! Seriously I have no idea where people think that someone is looking at your footwear as you enter the room. I would personally have more issues with some of the, shall we say, slightly scruffy looking choice of clothes on some people. However everyone has their own ideas on what to wear on holiday. I also noticed very few people wearing the old formal attire on evening chic nights and most were not very different from any other night which I do think is a shame.

Seriously I have no idea where people think that someone is looking at your footwear as you enter the room.
Someone posted that they were turned away from the Elite cocktail party, I think that was the event, because they were wearing sandals.

Someone posted that they were turned away from the Elite cocktail party, I think that was the event, because they were wearing sandals.

That sure sounds fishy to me. :confused: Obviously sandals of any kind are allowed in the dining room. Never saw anyone wearing rubber flip flops, but certainly pretty flat thong sandals. Slides or heel straps....doesn't matter.

The only way someone would be turned away from and Elite cocktail party ( or MDR) is if they showed up in shorts, tshirt and sandals. And it wouldn't be for the sandals.

I have read and heard all about how we can't wear open toed shoes in the main dining hall. However this was referring to flip flops and other every day sandels. Does this include dress sandals? As in, if I wear a dress, can I wear sandals with it, essentially those with open toes?

Would love to know who told you or where you read you couldn't wear "everyday" sandals in the dining room? Total nonsense. Flip flops, IF the rubber $2 beach kind are not to be worn. Otherwise anything goes.

That sure sounds fishy to me. :confused: Obviously sandals of any kind are allowed in the dining room. Never saw anyone wearing rubber flip flops, but certainly pretty flat thong sandals. Slides or heel straps....doesn't matter.

The only way someone would be turned away from and Elite cocktail party ( or MDR) is if they showed up in shorts, tshirt and sandals. And it wouldn't be for the sandals.

Not necessarily true (although I agree with the statement most of the time). It depends on the personnel on that particular ship and how picky they are. My son was once turned away from entering the main floor of the theater on a formal night (when they used to have them) because he had changed back to business casual after dinner. He was allowed on the second floor only because the Captain was going to be on the first floor and this particular Captain was very strict about following policy to the letter. In fact, he went beyond as technically the 'rules' then were that formal was only required in the MDR. So yes, it absolutely can happen. Celebrity (love them though I do) is famous for its consistent inconsistency.

Here is the post.

We were just finishing the trivia in the Sky lounge, and thought we'd stay on for the Elite Cocktail Hour for a quick drink. I was wearing black trousers, and a black and white top, with thong-style sandals, with a smooth black leather strap that goes between my toes. Definitely not pool flip-flops, but technically flip-flop style sandals. I was asked to leave by the Captain's Club hostess, because no flip-flops are allowed at the Elite Cocktail Hour.

Ladies re footwear can get away with just about anything as there are no rules regarding female fashion. Guys however cant wear jandals but may get away with dress sandals. Shorts in the evening in the MDR is also a nono for guys. I don't think I have ever seen a lady try shorts as evening dress. Re shows I have worn shorts, T shirt and jandals to the theatre on formal night. without an issue. Couldn't sit in the middle though

Not sure where you heard that:eek:........it is so not true. I always wear sandals on my cruises. Casual ones, dressy ones,

heels, flats,........sandals have always been part of my shoe attire on cruises.

It seems that one Captains Club hostess has gone rogue over sandals. This happened a few years ago as well. I don't know if it was the same hostess or not , but it has definitely happened that women were told no sandals. It is not a Celebrity rule. Wear sandals with the strap over the top of the foot or wear open toed shoes and you should have no issues. But keep those rubbery flip flops for the pool and spa.

Ladies re footwear can get away with just about anything as there are no rules regarding female fashion. Guys however cant wear jandals but may get away with dress sandals. Shorts in the evening in the MDR is also a nono for guys. I don't think I have ever seen a lady try shorts as evening dress. Re shows I have worn shorts, T shirt and jandals to the theatre on formal night. without an issue. Couldn't sit in the middle though

There is definitely a different dress code for women than men and my DH thinks it is discriminatory. He was asked to leave BLU at breakfast because he was wearing a tank top (breakfast not dinner) and pointed on the way out several women wearing tank tops (sleeveless running / activewear) and was told the rule is for men not women....)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There is definitely a different dress code for women than men and my DH thinks it is discriminatory. He was asked to leave BLU at breakfast because he was wearing a tank top (breakfast not dinner) and pointed on the way out several women wearing tank tops (sleeveless running/activewear) and was told the rule is for men not women....)

Here is the post.

We were just finishing the trivia in the Sky lounge, and thought we'd stay on for the Elite Cocktail Hour for a quick drink. I was wearing black trousers, and a black and white top, with thong-style sandals, with a smooth black leather strap that goes between my toes. Definitely not pool flip-flops, but technically flip-flop style sandals. I was asked to leave by the Captain's Club hostess, because no flip-flops are allowed at the Elite Cocktail Hour.

Boy, if this were me, there is no way I would have left the lounge because of the style of sandal.(if indeed this was the reason given) Without making a scene, I would have spoken to the hostess outside the lounge for some clarification. If one is "elite" on X, loyalty is what got you to that level. So the idea that a pair of black thong sandals was more important than the loyal customer is ridiculous.

There is definitely a different dress code for women than men and my DH thinks it is discriminatory. He was asked to leave BLU at breakfast because he was wearing a tank top (breakfast not dinner) and pointed on the way out several women wearing tank tops (sleeveless running / activewear) and was told the rule is for men not women....)

Yes, it has always been that way.

For example, at dinner in the MDR

ALLOWED beautiful_model_young_woman_leaning_against_the_wall_fashionable_cg1p65091841c_th.jpg

NOT ALLOWED images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQI7gaf8fGYg9z1Gegz7VLNh7FFIjG4w6fSVU8Zfho3s4M4ftwxww

ALLOWED images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZFQ6Z65oQ28VscdZ521YAXR9K8REo7PWfAzO2hV4GvhmEqvaceA

But the "discrimination" goes both ways as men are allowed in the pool topless, even if they have boobs,

while women are not, even if they are flat-chested. clear.png?emoji-grin-1677

That was me. It was the Elite Cocktail Hour that they have every day, not a party or other special occasion. I hadn't changed into dinner clothes yet, and my sandals were flip-flop style, not pool flip-flops, but casual-ish, with leather straps.

I wear nicer, blingy sandals with a medium heel (still flip-flop style) most evenings, and have never had a problem, and don't expect to have one. Sandals are allowed in the dining room, it's just the Captain's Club Elite Cocktail Hour (and some other Captain's Club events) where sandals are mentioned in the dress code as not allowed.

FWIW, we do go to the Elite Cocktail Hour, and I have worn my nicer sandals with no further trouble. Most of the ladies I see are also wearing similar sandals. I think the rule exists so that the CC Hostess can ban the ones she feels are just too casual, that start veering into pool flip-flop territory.

Yes, it has always been that way.

For example, at dinner in the MDR

ALLOWED beautiful_model_young_woman_leaning_against_the_wall_fashionable_cg1p65091841c_th.jpg

NOT ALLOWED images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQI7gaf8fGYg9z1Gegz7VLNh7FFIjG4w6fSVU8Zfho3s4M4ftwxww

ALLOWED images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZFQ6Z65oQ28VscdZ521YAXR9K8REo7PWfAzO2hV4GvhmEqvaceA

But the "discrimination" goes both ways as men are allowed in the pool topless, even if they have boobs,

while women are not, even if they are flat-chested. clear.png?emoji-grin-1677

Especially nix the cigarette!