If you like carnival, do you read other lines forums?

geckoaz

I read whatever line I have cruise booked on!

Me too. I like to hear the the positive and the negative of any cruise line i will be traveling on now or the near future. I think it makes for a more informative choice if price is in the same ball park. Which i find rcl ,carnival ,hal , ncl to be a hit or miss on the best price.There are things i love about all of them. However i will be diamond on rcl in the near future and the perks are really good. So looking forward to that. I find the service to be good on both lines. i have been on all four but i seem to always lean towards to RCL or Carnival. Rcl now has the the biggest ship in the world and i will be sailing on Allure in the near future. Never been on the oasis class ship with all the bells and whistles i am looking forward to it. Find that both have their special moments and i anticipate Carnival stepping it up to compete which should be fun to see. Competition is a great thing for the consumer.

No matter how positive the topic about carnival, there are always posts negative about carnival. I seldom look at another forum. I like carnival and just became platinum. Through cruise critic i have met a great group of friends to cruise. Do you read other forums and praise carnival or point out problems with other lines??

To tell the truth, only discovered these boards after booking a carnival cruise a while back and was quite content limiting my reading to only things that applied to new cruises, roll calls, and carnival cruise line. Now that I've booked a cruise on Royal Caribbean, I guess I will start reading those boards as well.

NCL Sunward 1974

NCL Starward 1978

Costa Daphne 1982

Carnival Triumph 2001

Carnival Conquests 2005

Carnival Magic 2014

I haven't checked out the other boards. But I would if I was considering cruising on one of those lines. I have been sometimes intrigued by NCL and the Disney Star Wars Cruises. I come down pretty hard on RCL, and I wouldn't want to do it in the forum. My trip on the Liberty of the Seas I had too numerous experiences where staff at all levels were rude or appeared to not care. The MDR food and some of the buffet didn't click with me. But I did think the ships design was impressive, the shows and entertainment programs well done, and the lido pool/solarium to be very well laid out.

I would chalk it up as just a bad week and try another, but the price vs. iteneraries in my driveable area are quite a bit more than Carnival. Those dreams where I look forward to the chocolate melting cake, Guys Burgers and swimming in the crystal clear waters in Half Moon Cay don't help matters either.

I haven't checked out the other boards. But I would if I was considering cruising on one of those lines. I have been sometimes intrigued by NCL and the Disney Star Wars Cruises. I come down pretty hard on RCL, and I wouldn't want to do it in the forum. My trip on the Liberty of the Seas I had too numerous experiences where staff at all levels were rude or appeared to not care. The MDR food and some of the buffet didn't click with me. But I did think the ships design was impressive, the shows and entertainment programs well done, and the lido pool/solarium to be very well laid out.

I would chalk it up as just a bad week and try another, but the price vs. iteneraries in my driveable area are quite a bit more than Carnival. Those dreams where I look forward to the chocolate melting cake, Guys Burgers and swimming in the crystal clear waters in Half Moon Cay don't help matters either.

I have heard good things about Disney, we like to gamble so that would not be for us. I have traveled on NCL and Hal and they are very similar to rcl and carnival. i found good and mediocre on both cruise lines. Rarely anything bad.

I read reviews and posts of most of the major cruise lines. You can always pick up some information that can be useful. I've cruised Carnival and NCL, but I'm open to cruising other lines. I too am getting a little tired of the Caribbean cruises and would like to expand to areas that I have not experienced. However, I would still take a Caribbean cruise if the ports were ones that I liked. I still haven't been to Bonaire and would cruise with Carnival if the price and the date were right.

I love reading posts from the "New Posts" as it really gives you a nice overview of what people are talking about.

Either the Magic or the Sunshine or the Breeze..............one of them is going to Bonaire. Next Fall? 2018? The Breeze comes Fall of 2018. Magic leaves.....

Bonaire. Population about 26,000. Immigration.......hard to do. Very Green as in ecology. No swimming near their coral reef. Water is clean and clear. Do not touch their parrots or try to take one.. 2 years in jail for that. Desert like. One big lake. Tradewinds blow. Out of hurricane path. No Red lights. Only Turn abouts. Cannot find a dirty rest room on the Island. No litter. Almost no crime. Prosperous. Paradise.

Don't they rotate the staff? If so this would make a big difference i am sure. If service wasn't up to par.

Either the Magic or the Sunshine or the Breeze..............one of them is going to Bonaire. Next Fall? 2018? The Breeze comes Fall of 2018. Magic leaves.....

Bonaire. Population about 26,000. Immigration.......hard to do. Very Green as in ecology. "No swimming near their coral reef. "

I'm not familiar with that information...can you provide more info.??

Water is clean and clear. Do not touch their parrots or try to take one.. 2 years in jail for that. Desert like. One big lake. Tradewinds blow. Out of hurricane path. No Red lights. Only Turn abouts. Cannot find a dirty rest room on the Island. No litter. Almost no crime. Prosperous. Paradise.

The Sunshine has 4 cruise in 2018 that has Bonaire as one of it's ports. In 2019 the Freedom has a partial Panama Canal that also stops at Aruba and Bonaire. I like that itinerary, but I hate leaving out of Galveston and it's in January which means possible problems with fog on leaving and getting back into the port. But I do love a warm cruise in Jan. or Feb. I'm watching the Sunshine cruise in Jan. 2018 and waiting to see if the price comes down a bit. But I'm also watching some Panama Canal trips also.

No. We sail other lines a good bit. I seldom read their message boards unless I have asked a Question about a Cabin or Such. They are very nice

But Not Carnival. This board is always interesting. I find out a lot of good information too. I love the reviews. Has more men on it, I think who know more tech stuff like cameras and all.

And I hope I am not sticking my feet in it..........LADIES post some Awesome Photos too.

And Zyodecoder. He is here.

Check out my wife's website at the link below. She takes awesome photos of our cruises and our other travels. And I think she's pretty awesome! :D

I cruise other lines and read other lines' forums. Reading the forums gives me an idea of the type of cruiser who likes a particular line. I won't cruise NCL because it seems I'd be paying more for exactly the same product and cruise experience when compared to Carnival.

Reading the other forums has made me very interested in both Holland and Crystal and less interested in Oceania (admittedly because of ONE particular poster who will only praise Oceania and criticize every other line out there). The "flavor" of other forums, in my opinion, is a reflection of the cruise line itself.

Holland America if you go to bed at nine then this is cruise for you. Otherwise stay away.

I love reading posts from the "New Posts" as it really gives you a nice overview of what people are talking about.

hmmm- I've never gone to that forum... I'll have to check it out! It sounds like it might have some interesting input!

I cruise other lines and read other lines' forums. Reading the forums gives me an idea of the type of cruiser who likes a particular line. I won't cruise NCL because it seems I'd be paying more for exactly the same product and cruise experience when compared to Carnival.

Reading the other forums has made me very interested in both Holland and Crystal and less interested in Oceania (admittedly because of ONE particular poster who will only praise Oceania and criticize every other line out there). The "flavor" of other forums, in my opinion, is a reflection of the cruise line itself.

:confused: Who could that be? :D

Cruising and reading and posting on CC is not like a marriage, you can switch it up from time to time.;)

Out of the four cruise lines I have sailed with Carnival is number four in my rankings but I will still sail on her if the itinerary and price is attractive. So I come over to the Carnival boards to keep up to date on what's going on with the cruise line. In ten or twenty years I may even venture over to the Holland American board.:D

Do I frequent the CC boards of other lines? Yes, especially those we have cruised before or plan to cruise.

Do I praise Carnival on those boards? No. I mention Carnival when it's relevant but don't tout them unless I'm making a comparison that is favorable to Carnival in the context of the topic of the thread.

Do I point out problems with other lines? No, unless I have personal experience involving problems on those lines.

Don't they rotate the staff? If so this would make a big difference i am sure. If service wasn't up to par.

It could be the staff rotations. The ship was briefly re positioned to Bayonne, so the different clientel may have also gobsmacked the staff. The saying is, if you can make it there you can make it anywhere. The staff on that ship were not happy campers that week, and seemed like they experienced a few more New York Minutes than they were used to.

I wasn't thrilled with the intended design of the Quantum class that tried real hard to scrap the MDR (not pleased the same guy who came up with Dynamic Dining went to Celebrity and canned the liner themed restaurants). I also had family members that weren't blown away by their trips on The Anthem.

For now I think I am sticking with Carnival with ships in Baltimore, NYC and Charleston. NCL is expensive in NYC - even for the Nassau Port Canaveral Itenerary (plus the expectation for incremental food and service), so if I ever try another line, or a more western Carnival itenerary, it would have to be a flight to Florida.

No. We sail other lines a good bit. I seldom read their message boards unless I have asked a Question about a Cabin or Such. They are very nice

But Not Carnival. This board is always interesting. I find out a lot of good information too. I love the reviews. Has more men on it, I think who know more tech stuff like cameras and all.

And I hope I am not sticking my feet in it..........LADIES post some Awesome Photos too.

And Zyodecoder. He is here.[/quote]

He is? I haven't seen a post from him in ages.

Bill

Yes. I read lines I am currently sailing and always researching other lines or trips I would like to take.

I like Carnival but the more I read the posts of some on here and compare them to the posts I read on Princess, it is helping clarify why my family prefers the Princess experience. I also find the attitude on the Princess board more to my liking. For example, on Carnival someone will ask if they can wear jeans and no collar shirt on elegant evening to the MDR; there will be posters insisting it is fine even though it does not comply with the dress code, generally because they don't want to do so. On Princess you will find a thread asking if I can really wear my tux or what my 16 yo son should wear on elegant evening and the posters encourage compliance with the dress code which is shirt tie and jacket.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have sailed Carnival twice. I was on the boards Non Stop. They are full of information and the people are Wonderful! You could ask anything at all and great info was given Every time. Then we booked a cruise with Royal. I was SHOCKED at how rude their boards were. Snide and sarcastic. Unbelievable! Glad to be sailing Carnival again and back to these boards!

Yes. I read lines I am currently sailing and always researching other lines or trips I would like to take.

I like Carnival but the more I read the posts of some on here and compare them to the posts I read on Princess, it is helping clarify why my family prefers the Princess experience. I also find the attitude on the Princess board more to my liking. For example, on Carnival someone will ask if they can wear jeans and no collar shirt on elegant evening to the MDR; there will be posters insisting it is fine even though it does not comply with the dress code, generally because they don't want to do so. On Princess you will find a thread asking if I can really wear my tux or what my 16 yo son should wear on elegant evening and the posters encourage compliance with the dress code which is shirt tie and jacket.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Lol thats so funny. I am laughing while i am reading this post.

Jeans with no collar shirt on elegant dress up night.

The only time I tend to read any of the forums is when we have cruises booked. We have sailed most of the major lines, so at one time or another I have followed Princess, HAL, NCL, Celebrity, Carnival, MSC and Royal Caribbean forums. Right now we have 4 cruises under deposit, 2 on Carnival and 2 on Royal Caribbean, so those are the forums I am reading.

I do read other threads of interest for other cruise lines. I am just one year into sailing as a passenger, and prefer to sail from my home port of Long Beach. Next year I am traveling for the first time for a cruise. I wanted to sail a new ship, and Horizon is sailing from Barcelona which has cheap nonstop flights from LAX. Carnival is less expensive than other lines, which I like since I don't feel like I should shell out for a pillow mint and a bud vase flower.

As far as concentrating on the Caribbean that is only the Carnival branded ships. The Carnival Corporation owns ships in every major market, and at various price points. What remains the same I believe is the friendliness and service from the staff. I look forward to CCL moving into the Chinese market with new ships. One thing that market will not suffer is less than delicious food on board. A journey from Shanghai to Singapore seem like a good use of vacation time.

No matter how positive the topic about carnival, there are always posts negative about carnival. I seldom look at another forum. I like carnival and just became platinum. Through cruise critic i have met a great group of friends to cruise. Do you read other forums and praise carnival or point out problems with other lines??

Yes, I read the forums for lines that I am considering booking with, although it's more of a glance every now and then.

We have only cruised Carnival, but I am interested in trying a Disney cruise sometime with the kids, just for the sake of the "magical" Disney experience, so I have looked at the Disney forum. But as far as "regular" cruises, I don't plan on going anywhere but Carnival. I've never had a bad experience.