Classic Bev Package - drink list document

supersaramoon

Hey everyone!

My fiance and I are about to go on the Celebrity Infinity to Alaska and have the classic drink package included. In the spirit of trying new things, I didn't want to end up ordering the same 5-6 drinks that I was already familiar with, so I made this document to take with me on the cruise. It includes all the included liquors/liqueurs on the classic package and includes about ~85 common drinks categorized by the primary alcohol used. It fits onto 4 sheets -- I personally plan to print 2 sheets to a page & double sided, so it will all fit on one paper that I can carry around with me. :) I made this document for myself and my fiance, but thought it could be helpful for anyone who wanted to branch out and take advantage of the large assortment of booze options. :p

I'm currently making one for the premium package as well. I hope you all get some use out of this! Take care!

Edit: Please tell me if there are any really obvious/delicious ones I left off!

ClassBeveragePackage-done (1).pdf

Hey everyone!

My fiance and I are about to go on the Celebrity Infinity to Alaska and have the classic drink package included. In the spirit of trying new things, I didn't want to end up ordering the same 5-6 drinks that I was already familiar with, so I made this document to take with me on the cruise. It includes all the included liquors/liqueurs on the classic package and includes about ~85 common drinks categorized by the primary alcohol used. It fits onto 4 sheets -- I personally plan to print 2 sheets to a page & double sided, so it will all fit on one paper that I can carry around with me. :) I made this document for myself and my fiance, but thought it could be helpful for anyone who wanted to branch out and take advantage of the large assortment of booze options. :p

I'm currently making one for the premium package as well. I hope you all get some use out of this! Take care!

This is great! Thank you! I expect the only difference between the Classic and the Premium list would be the brand of alcohol selections.

I think you have to be a little careful about expectations. Campari and sweet vermouth are both included in the classic package. For some mysterious reason, if you mix the two which creates an Americano, that drink is over the limit so it's not included in the package.....unless they have repriced since last December.

I'd say your list is excellent and indicates a number of interesting drinks that more than likely will be included in the Classic package.

BTW...add Tito's vodka to the included vodkas.

Excellent contribution to the forum..... I think in making the premium package list, you should denote whatever is included in the premium package that is NOT in the Classic Package.... I think it would be an all inclusive listing of all drink packages.

Just my 2 cents, but thanks again for this list..... I am leaning less and less into "upgrading" to the Premium Package.

Wow.... you put a LOT of work into this. It's fantastic!!

BTW, Celebrity has just changed its policy on the classic package and raised their pricing on some of the drinks. Previously, you were unable to just pay the upcharge on a drink (the difference between $9 and the cost of the drink) if you had the classic package. It was only available if you had the premium package. Now, with the classic package, if you order a drink that is above the $9 range, you only have to pay the difference ... even with beer. The caveat to this is that they have raised the prices of some of the drinks.

Not sure how they are going to handle this in the martini bar where as of February and March of this year, you were only able to get a larger martini that only fit in the premium package. You could, however, go downstairs and still get a smaller version of a martini without having the premium package ... using the house vodka or gin only, of course.

All in all ... a great list and think paying the upcharge instead of using the premium package will work out for us in the long run.

Wow, well done. Looking forward to the Premium List as well. I only drink cocktails on cruises and often on here people ask for cocktail recommendations but as I have no idea of the ingredients Im usually no wiser. Your list with ingredients of each cocktail is just spot on. Mods.....MAKE IT A STICKY,

One thing, I thought the Irish Cream Liquor, i.e. Baileys was now in the Premium package or is there an Irish Cream Liquor on the Classic I don't know about?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by kevinyork

Hey everyone!

Where to start.. thanks for the info!!

Thank you OP...the list is in my files. I love the ingredients of "Screaming Orgasm" but would be too embarrassed to order it!

Actually that does look amazing but I would be even more embarrassed than you to order it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:) I made this document for myself and my fiance, but thought it could be helpful for anyone who wanted to branch out and take advantage of the large assortment of booze options. :p

Wow, such a great resource for the cruise! Thank you for putting so much time and effort into this, your fiance is a lucky man!!

Hey Guys! It's OP -- I have finished both versions! I'm so happy you guys have found it helpful!

Classic: I made some formatting changes to the Classic version and added a few extra drinks. It still all fits onto 4 pages. There are a few drinks that include amaretto and Irish cream liqueur, to my knowledge these should still be included as long as you are not using Disaronno Amaretto & Bailey's (i.e. use the house liqueurs). [[people still get mudslides all the time on the classic package, right? ==>> there has to be a house Irish cream]]***For those obsessed with Bailey's -- I have heard people being able to get a shot of Bailey's (as it is under $9) and then simply adding it into their included cocktails/coffees.

Keep in mind -- you only have to pay the difference in the event that a drink happens to be over the Classic $9 limit. I can make no guarantee's on the prices of these drinks, however if you stick to your included alcohol choices, there is very little reason it should be over the limit.

Premium: I added in all the included liquors on the premium package in purple. All the specialty drinks made with premium specific liqueurs are also in purple. -- I find it really helpful just knowing WHAT something is (Ex: St. Germain = elderflower liqueur & Chambord = raspberry liqueur).

Also, don't forget to ask for the alcohol you want!!! It is the reason I have bolded the alcohol anditalicized /color coded the Cordials/Liqueurs -- If you don't specifically ask, they will end up making your drink with house alcohols. If you want a Sea Breeze, ask for "a Sea Breeze with Absolut" or an "Smirnoff Sea Breeze" -- if you just ask for a "Sea Breeze" you'll likely end up with Heaven Hill vodka~ I have also italicized all the liqueurs in the ingredient list, so you can specifically ask for "A Cosmopolitan with Absolut and Cointreau" (vodka & triple sec brand names)

ghstudio: Tito's isn't included in either package according to the Celebrity website :(

schiff1997: If you check the original document next to Pina Colada I actually had put "(+ 1/2 Daiquiri = Miami Vice)" ;P lol! but i gave it it's own line in the new one just for you!

marleycruiser: already the plan! :) hope you like purple! I am also leaning a lot less to upgrading now - the only thing left tempting me are the sugar free red bulls!

cruise raider: I know! :D I think it will end up working out better for most people, even if they did move a couple of liquors/liqueurs into the higher tier~ But I feel like they probably have house amaretto and irish cream, so most any drink should still be feasible on the classic package.

Kevinyork: Thanks for the koodos! :) Yes, it's true Bailey's is no longer included on the classic package, however, a lower shelf irish cream should still be included [which is why i wrote 'irish cream liquor' instead of 'baileys'] ;) If for some reason they don't have a cheaper bailey's alternative then I guess those drinks won't be included -- I'll test out the theory on the ship and report back!

Jennie & Bob: You're welcome!

JudithLynn: I totally agree, lol.

denatravels: I'm hoping there is a lower shelf alternative -- I'll test out the theory and report back!

CC - ClassBeveragePackage.pdf

CC - PremiumDrinkpackage.pdf

Edited by supersaramoon

Hey Guys! It's OP -- I have finished both versions! I'm so happy you guys have found it helpful!

Classic: I made some formatting changes to the Classic version and added a few extra drinks. It still all fits onto 4 pages. There are a few drinks that include amaretto and Irish cream liqueur, to my knowledge these should still be included as long as you are not using Disaronno Amaretto & Bailey's (i.e. use the house liqueurs). [[people still get mudslides all the time on the classic package, right? ==>> there has to be a house Irish cream]]***For those obsessed with Bailey's -- I have heard people being able to get a shot of Bailey's (as it is under $9) and then simply adding it into their included cocktails/coffees.

Keep in mind -- you only have to pay the difference in the event that a drink happens to be over the Classic $9 limit. I can make no guarantee's on the prices of these drinks, however if you stick to your included alcohol choices, there is very little reason it should be over the limit.

Premium: I added in all the included liquors on the premium package in purple. All the specialty drinks made with premium specific liqueurs are also in purple. -- I find it really helpful just knowing WHAT something is (Ex: St. Germain = elderflower liqueur & Chambord = raspberry liqueur).

Also, don't forget to ask for the alcohol you want!!! It is the reason I have bolded the alcohol anditalicized /color coded the Cordials/Liqueurs -- If you don't specifically ask, they will end up making your drink with house alcohols. If you want a Sea Breeze, ask for "a Sea Breeze with Absolut" or an "Smirnoff Sea Breeze" -- if you just ask for a "Sea Breeze" you'll likely end up with Heaven Hill vodka~ I have also italicized all the liqueurs in the ingredient list, so you can specifically ask for "A Cosmopolitan with Absolut and Cointreau" (vodka & triple sec brand names)

ghstudio: Tito's isn't included in either package according to the Celebrity website :(

schiff1997: If you check the original document next to Pina Colada I actually had put "(+ 1/2 Daiquiri = Miami Vice)" ;P lol! but i gave it it's own line in the new one just for you!

marleycruiser: already the plan! :) hope you like purple! I am also leaning a lot less to upgrading now - the only thing left tempting me are the sugar free red bulls!

cruise raider: I know! :D I think it will end up working out better for most people, even if they did move a couple of liquors/liqueurs into the higher tier~ But I feel like they probably have house amaretto and irish cream, so most any drink should still be feasible on the classic package.

Kevinyork: Thanks for the koodos! :) Yes, it's true Bailey's is no longer included on the classic package, however, a lower shelf irish cream should still be included [which is why i wrote 'irish cream liquor' instead of 'baileys'] ;) If for some reason they don't have a cheaper bailey's alternative then I guess those drinks won't be included -- I'll test out the theory on the ship and report back!

Jennie & Bob: You're welcome!

JudithLynn: I totally agree, lol.

denatravels: I'm hoping there is a lower shelf alternative -- I'll test out the theory and report back!

You are amazing!! I also don't mind paying an extra dollar or two to get a drink I really want (especially since my oceanview with two perks is now more than $1500 less than the current price with one!!)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Trying to figure out what is premium or classic is like talking about sports on call in programs on the radio. It doesn't solve anything.

I sailed on two different S class ships in the last month. Everything has changed and is still being changed. There is no consistency between ships or bars on the ships. The BTs are just as confused as everyone else and really don't know themselves. I confronted the Beverage Manager about a few issues and was basically given the razzle dazzle. I didn't want to rock the boat any further as it was clearly evident that she didn't have any knowledge or real control of the bars.

Some it is is because it appears as if Celebrity is changing one of their supplier to Diageo and their brands. Because Celebrity pays a different price for the products what we may think of premium and what they do depends on how much they pay for it and not what we do. E.g. A bottle of Baileys may cost us less than a bottle of Ketel One but they may have to pay more so the Baileys is a premium and the Ketel isn't. Then again it may be a plot to get people to upgrade to the premium.

Some bars may have a some bottles left over from the previous supply so you may be able to get that. We were getting Basil Hayden until it was gone at one of the bars. It was basically our "private stock" that we kept as our secret. You will no longer find Basil Hayden, Blanton, or Bookers. If you look around you may find Bakers, Knob Creek, or Woodford Reserve but not all at the same bar. Bulliet, Makers and Beam are the bourbons most common at every bar and Jack for the non purists.

If you have a favorite look at their stock or ask. Most drinks will be made with brands from the well unless you ask for something different. Bars around the pool will have very little premium brands up front but do carry some not on display

Drink up 🍸🥂🍷🍹🍺

Thank you! I am keeping your list so I have ideas for what to order and what's in each drink.

Doesn't matter what ship I just appreciate your list[emoji483][emoji483][emoji483]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums