Ladies what did you wear on your last cruise going to the carribean

bklynfinest77

You need less than you think. I always overpack and regret it. We spend a lot of time just lounging and cooling off at the aft pool. I spend most port days in a bathing suit and cover up until dinner. At dinner I wear sun dresses and sandals. Formal night, we dress up. I also bring a pair of white dress capris and a nice top. Hope this helps.

2 bathing suits

2 cover ups

3-4 casual sun dresses

1 dressier outfit or maxi dress

1 white capris

3-4 tops for port days or that go with capris

3 -4 shorts for port days and evenings at comedy club

1 pair low heel sandals for dinners

1 pair flip flops

All other necessities

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A swimsuit underneath a tank top type sundress that served as a swimsuit coverup. I only put on regular clothes because I had to for dinner. For that I would wear a nice sundress and a jean jacket (because it's too cold inside the ship not to wear a jacket). I didn't pack any pants, but I did pack running shorts and tops for working out. We only had 1 sea day though, and we spent all 5 days in port at the beach, or at least had a beach stop during island tours, so swimsuit with a coverup outfit worked for almost every single day of or trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You need less than you think. I always overpack and regret it. We spend a lot of time just lounging and cooling off at the aft pool. I spend most port days in a bathing suit and cover up until dinner. At dinner I wear sun dresses and sandals. Formal night, we dress up. I also bring a pair of white dress capris and a nice top. Hope this helps.

2 bathing suits

2 cover ups

3-4 casual sun dresses

1 white capris

1 pair flip flops

All other necessities

Don't forget underwear.

On our first 2 sea days I wore a swimsuit and cover up and then changed in to shorts and t-shirt. Our last sea day was windy and cool so I wore jeans and a t-shirt most of that day.

I wore a dress every night to dinner and shows. I would end up changing back in to shorts after.

All of our excursions were to beaches so swimsuit and cover up and sandals.

Embarkation day I wore a t-shirt dress and sandals. Debarkation day I wore jeans, t-shirt, and tennis shoes.

2 bathing suits

2 cover ups

3-4 casual sun dresses

1 white capris

1 pair flip flops

All other necessities

This. Except I don't generally wear dresses except on elegant evenings and would sub the capris for black slacks and 3-4 dinner tops. I also throw in a couple of yoga pants and hoodies for lounging/walking the track/gym. I

I am heading to Florida tomorrow for a 10 day Panama Canal cruise. I am in the process of packing now...took a little lunch break. Here is what I am taking:

2 Maxi's

1 T-Shirt Dress

3 athletic skirts for excursions (built in shorts)

A bunch of Columbia t-shirts

1 light weight cotton tunic

2 tank tops

2 pairs of athletic sandals

2 pairs of thong sandals

3 bikinis

1 rashguard

2 coverups

Workout clothes

I am not doing gala night on this cruise, so no gowns or cocktail dresses. :D

Lisa

I wear shorts for breakfast...usually have my bathing suit under it, if I'm heading to the pool or beach later.... I can shed the shorts and put on my coverup...and that's usually what I wear until dinner time. Then, I dress for dinner...either a sundress, or capris/top. If it's "formal" night, a cocktail dress or a simple evening gown.....although most ships have made formal nights less and less "formal"!

Those shorts you wear to breakfast can be worn again...they were only on you for an hour or so!

Edited by cb at sea

Can you break it down here like

Day 1.... shorts and tank/tshirt with swim suit underneath.

Day 2 at sea .... swim suit & sun dress during the day, cocktail dress for dinner and sundress for after dinner

Day 3 excursion... swim suit and either shorts and tshirt or a sundress comfortable shoes

Day 4 at sea... see above.

Day 5 home... comfy clothes: leggings and long tshirt or stretchy capris and a tshirt and jacket.

Thanks so much .. oh pics would be great to if you have them but not necessay

It appears you are on a 4 night cruise to Cozumel. If so, then don't panic - you may be over-thinking it. :o

Simple: what would you wear for 4 days in the summer? Take some shorts, capris, skirts or casual dresses, hat, sunblock, bathing suit(s), casual flip flops for beach and pool, dressy sandals for dinners.

You'll be great. :)

I made a calendar that actually has helped me pack less. It came in very handy on the Med cruises and taught me to pair down a lot on Caribbean cruises. I put in what is happening that day then coordinated and reused clothes as needed. Everyone's needs are different and although I like to tan I don't wear my bathing suits most of the day. On a longer cruise we will get underwear, socks and very casual or old tshirts done through the laundry service as they are tough on your clothes. I don't wear dresses except for formal nights and use a lot of tshirts on port excursions. We usually wear the moisture wicking pants/shorts on excursions and they can be hand washed and dry very quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I made a calendar that actually has helped me pack less. It came in very handy on the Med cruises and taught me to pair down a lot on Caribbean cruises.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

thats my actually goal is to pack as little as possible .. im just want one bag with everything in it including shoe toiletry etc. but im the type to always over pack and use only half of what i brought .. it drives me crazy!!

For me, a typical 7 day Caribbean cruise looks something like this:

2 bathing suits and 1 cover up for the pool, maybe an extra top to wear over my suit in lieu of the cover up if the suit has a skirted bottom. Generally live in this during the day, hanging around the pool, throwing on cover up or top to go get lunch, etc.

1 or 2 pair shorts/skorts, 2-3 short sleeved or tank tops. These are worn if we go get breakfast (often get room service though) or to go into port for lunch. Since worn so briefly, I can re-wear several times so don't take much in this category.

A couple of gym outfits, that I can rinse and hang dry between wearings.

For evenings, usually a pair of dressy jeans, and a pair of black pants and/or white pants, with a few nice tops that usually match both or all 3 jeans/pants. Often a maxi dress or two. If I take more than one maxi, I usually only take one pair of pants in addition to the dressy jeans. I wear most dresses and pants more than once.

Usually 2 pair of wedges for evenings, 1 or 2 pair of sandals/flip flops for day, and my tennis shoes to work out in.

I've become a "carry-on only" person for the Caribbean. I wear t-shirt/capris/sandals on the plane. I take with me 3 pairs of shorts, 7 t-shirts, 3 dresses, a swimsuit and an extra pair of sandals.

During the day, it's shorts and t-shirt, and during the evening, a dress.

I have a new shirt for each day, and I wear each pair of shorts and each dress twice.

I roll everything, and it all fits, including toiletries (with room to spare) in a carry-on.

Now that I've "converted", I can't imagine doing the Caribbean any other way.

I have a "wardrobe" of chiffon tops and jackets that I wear during the day and in the evening.

On casual nights I wear the tops with nice pants. On other nights I wear one of the jackets with pants.

During the day I wear capris: white or black.

I have a white chiffon tank and a black one to wear under the tops. If it's too hot and humid during the day, I wear a top that has a darker print so my bra doesn't show through.

I cannot stand to wear tight clothes, but especially in the Caribbean. The looser the better as far as I'm concerned. I have received many comments from women who want to know where I get these floaty and cooler tops. I bought every single one of my tops and jackets on ebay. Just search with the word "chiffon".

662993854_Coralchiffonblouse.jpg.ee259d5f511dc0d15c7dcb77e85cf2ef.jpg

1197351382_LiznMefloraljacket.jpg.5e26ac04aee6c73c1b1b9a3c897fed69.jpg

1514176668_Navyjacketwithchiffonfront.jpg.294c468014a0519582d2988f005a6dfa.jpg

1549860163_Bronzetop.jpg.8c6abe22484e76afdb4a8071dc12692e.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

How 'cold' can it be on the ship with air con? or is it a case of it soon warms up with more bodies around? I hate being cold but dont want to overpack with sleeved tops if only certain ships/lines are arctic? Travelling on Thomson to Caribbean for 2 weeks....

I bring sundress/dresses for dinner each night (or if it's a long cruise over a week, i wear some of them 2x). I have a bunch of great wrinkle free dresses that pack up super small. A black one with dressy, blingy jewelry works for the fancy nights. I bring some shorts and tops for running up for breakfast, a lknee length tuinic beach cover-up for sea days and lunch and a pair of capris and a skirt for shore excursions...and 2 bathing suits as a basic wardrobe in hot climates. No jeans for me, too heavy, too hot and I can't imagine where I'd wear them except on the plane to and from.

How 'cold' can it be on the ship with air con? or is it a case of it soon warms up with more bodies around? I hate being cold but dont want to overpack with sleeved tops if only certain ships/lines are arctic? Travelling on Thomson to Caribbean for 2 weeks....

Outside around the pool and off ship at the ports won't be a problem, but I ALWAYS include a couple of toppers (sweater, t-shirt weight scarf, or wrap) for the dining room. It's iceberg weather in that place and I can pack it casually in my hand so it doesn't ruin the lines of my outfit and drape it across my lap if I don't need it, but I've never wished I didn't include it in the suitcase and they never come home unworn. Depending upon what time of the year you are travelling, the last day at sea can feel cooler both inside and outside.

As always, YMMV (your mileage may vary). Enjoy your cruise!

• 1 month later...

I've only done Caribbean and mostly summer. I bring for daytime : shorts ( no denim) and tank tops , sundresses and skirts and a few swim suits and coverups. For evening I wear dresses and heels. For formal nights I always have 2 full length gowns. I love getting dressed up so I stay in my dress or gown after dinner. If i go back out for a snack late at night I'll throw on a sundress. I always bring several pashminas. Yes i over pack, yes i wear everything i bring ( most of the time) , yes we fly ( we do southwest for the free bags, comes out cheaper than the bargain air after all their fees). I could do it in one bag but I'm more of a 3 bag kind of girl:D

Just take a sweater. I wear short or no sleeves and have one neutral sweater that works with everything, and a pashmina for dressy nights. It can get VERY chilly in the dining rooms and the theater.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I wore sundresses just about every day. I don't even own shorts. When we walked to the forts on San Juan I wore a sundress and flats. No floppy hat, no sandals. My shoes have to be super comfortable.

I wore sneakers for that walk. Climbing up the stairs at that fort is brutally hard on my feet. Gotta be comfortable.

Since our last Caribbean Cruise was on the Norwegian Gem which sailed out of New York, last April, I boarded wearing jeans and a jacket on day 1.

Norwegian has a casual resort dress code, without a Formal Night, so I did not pack dresses, skirts or heels. I went to dinner in dressy slacks, tops, and flats. My husband wore slacks, collared shirts, and dress shoes.

I spent days in shorts, tees, and sandals. Swimsuit and a coverup while at the pool. I brought sneakers for excursions which required long walks.

Our cruise was 10 days in length, so I brought 5pr of shorts, 10 tops, 4pr dressy slacks, 3 swimsuits, 2pr dressy flats or sandals, 2pr casual walking sandals, and 1pr sneakers. I sweater for dining room or theater, in case of cold air conditioning.

To keep the packing on the lighter side, we made use of the bargain bag laundry day.