NEW Suite Upgrades....

Ok then they just have the wrong descriptions for the A3 Aquatheater suites for May 2016 deck plans. I was wondering how they were going to add a 2nd bedroom and 2nd bathroom and additional square feet without refurbishing the whole thing.

I'm disappointed that Royal's suite upgrades will be postponed until the fall according to other posts. I will see how the my Liberty cruise goes and then start doing research. Anything else out there besides the Haven and Yacht Club? Other posters have suggested these two. HAL and Carnival are out.

I'm not familiar with Yacht Club, and have never traveled NCL. We have had suites on HAL and Carnival - why are they out? What about Princess?

I'm not familiar with Yacht Club, and have never traveled NCL. We have had suites on HAL and Carnival - why are they out? What about Princess?

Yatch Club is on MSC , it's service is not available on Royal. fully stocked mini bar, separate pool and lounge, special dining room. the price is about the price of ms on royal.

Does anyone know how/when they are going to be changing the new aft grand suites on Oasis? They just created them 11330,730, 12330, 730 and 14330, 730 and they're changing them to Aqua suites, I'm wondering how they're going to make them 2 bedrooms/bathrooms without increasing sq footage?

I am booked in 12330 on Oasis in March are they going to change my cabin without telling me?

I am booked in 12330 on Oasis in March are they going to change my cabin without telling me?

Maybe a nice reduction!:D

#592They're not going to structurally change the rooms at all. They will just no longer be priced as GS, but be priced according to the size and what not. They'll most likely be less expensive than the oginal Aqua Suites.

We were in the penthouse (only one and biggest on the ship) on Carnival Freedom and it was smaller than the GS we were in on the Radiance of the Seas with no perks whatsoever. Maybe we had priority boarding. Not much incentive to get a suite on Carnival.

I hope for upgrades for our OS on Freedom of the Seas in January, but I will gladly pay extra for a comfortable room with a large balcony. I like the concierge lounge and the priority on/off the ship are nice.

HAL doesn't have the suite amenities compared to Royal. Carnival has none. I'll add Princess to my list. Thanks.

HAL doesn't have the suite amenities compared to Royal. Carnival has none. I'll add Princess to my list. Thanks.

It seems like Carnival Corporation and Royal Caribbean International just have a different philosophy and approach :rolleyes:

Isn't it nice that we have options! It also points out why so many of us are loyal to Royal :)

Even if they don't add more suite benefits, RCCL offers an excellent package of perks!

Edited by cricketts

We were quite happy with the suite perks on HAL...they're different than Royal Caribbean's, but they still offer some good perks. I didn't think the suite itself was as nice inside, but we had an awesome wrap around aft balcony.

I agree about Carnival -- the only reason to book a suite is for the extra real estate.

We just heard back from the "Executive Office" concerning balcony furnishings in the Grand Suites on Navigator...

"The Grand Suites should have lounge chairs on the balcony, unless there is a restriction based on the dimensions of the balcony. Please be assured that your stateroom will have all furnishing in place, including the lounge chair."

We're very happy campers :D

Yes I was in a GS on the NAV earlier this month. Lounge chair plus a nice sized table and 2 chairs outside. The balcony wasn't all that deep but plenty wide. And unlike the JS or below, there is a coffee table in the sitting area inside.

We had a nice coffee table in our JS on Oasis. Balcony had 2 loungers, 2 chairs and a small table. RFS next to us had wicker furniture with brown pads.

It also had 3 noisy little girls. :eek:

Edited by John&LaLa

Yes I was in a GS on the NAV earlier this month. Lounge chair plus a nice sized table and 2 chairs outside. The balcony wasn't all that deep but plenty wide. And unlike the JS or below, there is a coffee table in the sitting area inside.

And... as you witnessed... Our Royal Family Suite on the NAV had crappy lounges (2) full size table and 4-chairs with No Pads. Nothing Royal about that!

31 pages of posts....still looking for information on the "New" Suite Upgrades???

None to report. Allegedly for Fall now and not Summer.

We should be up to 150 pages by the time of the announcement.

We were in the penthouse (only one and biggest on the ship) on Carnival Freedom and it was smaller than the GS we were in on the Radiance of the Seas with no perks whatsoever. Maybe we had priority boarding. Not much incentive to get a suite on Carnival.

I hope for upgrades for our OS on Freedom of the Seas in January, but I will gladly pay extra for a comfortable room with a large balcony. I like the concierge lounge and the priority on/off the ship are nice.

On Freedom, they also have breakfast for suite guests daily in one of the specialty restaurants. That's one of our favorite perks. If you're stopping in Labadee, Barefoot Beach is for suite guests and it's just lovely. Haven't sailed in a suite on FOS yet, but we have our first OS on her in September. Was just in a GS on Liberty, and would walk down the hall and sometimes caught a glimpse inside an OS and they're very nice!

I knew it was too good to be true for 2015. :(

As long as they don't do away with anything that's currently being offered as a suite perk, and we can get some cushions on the balconies before our cruise in September, I'll be okay. :eek: