Does the horns sound like the love boat theme

Ilovepj

HI,

I was just on FB and someone had a video from the Royal princess back in January with a horn battle, and the princess ship had the love both theme.

Which I thought was really cool.

Do all the princess ships have the same horn?

Going on my first princess cruise this Saturday.

Heard it on the Island Princess last month, was very surprised, but loved it.

Really? We were on Feb 15 - Mar 2, and it wasn't playing it then. We LOVED hearing it on the Royal last October. We giggled every time we heard it!!!!!

Will we be able to hear the horn from our balcony or do we have to be up on the upper decks? We are mid-ship on the Emerald deck.

We were on the Baja deck and were able to hear from the balcony. Did not hear it in the room, though.

In order to play this on a ships horn, it needs more than just one horn. Otherwise they are playing on the loudspeakers.

Here is a picture showing the Royal Princess horns, note that she has seven of them...

13753228415_03ffe2a242_o.jpg

Great shot!

With that many different horns, I wonder if they could play some other tunes as well, as might be appropriate for certain locales, etc.......

Great shot!

With that many different horns, I wonder if they could play some other tunes as well, as might be appropriate for certain locales, etc.......

Heck, I'd be happy if it played more from the same tune.

;)

But I'm not sure what other tunes, besides the Love Boat theme, that it would play. There's not a large catalog of music like Disney has to choose from.

• 3 years later...

Just off Majestic Princess Third Leg of her Maiden Voyage to Shanghai. It was played after leaving 8 Ports of Call. On the UST, we found out that it's the responsibility of the Second Watch Officer to play it after leaving ports.